BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

04-05-2010, 09:06 PM   #45
ONE92
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

I would think that about half the people on here, would say that a yellow light is orange. Fox Red is red and does not have a orange tint. I don't know if I would go with that combo though, but I think Superman looks like an idiot.
      04-05-2010, 09:34 PM   #46
smokinjoe64
Naval Aviator
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 e92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthberg View Post
Why is it that so many people on this forum have to put down other people's opinions at every opportunity? There's no chest pounding, and I don't think I ever mentioned that I was "proud" of my color choice. What I did say is that I like it, and others seem to, as well. The OP asked for opinions, and I gave him an informed one, based on the experience of actually owning this color scheme. Get a grip, dude. It's people like you that push folks away from this forum.

Soap box complete.
+1111

The combo is cool, unique and quite stunning...this from a 20 year Blk-on-Blk enthusiast!!! Trust me you will not regret it in-spite of all the talk!!!!

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 10:16 PM   #47
BCA
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
LeMans/Palladium Silver is a great combo since Palladium Silver has a VERY slight blue hue to it which blends with the LMB beautifully.
I agree that silver interior also works well with blue. One example that just came to mind is Biglare's first car that was IB with silver interior:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140587

Past BMWs: 2015 M3, 2014 550i, 2013 M3 ZCP, 2012 535i, 2011 E90 335i, 2009 E90 M3, 2008 X5, 2006 330i, 2004 330i
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 10:33 PM   #48
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Check out Monsta's car, he has that combo. I think Epacy has it as well. If they don't see this thread PM Monsta, he is a good guy and has posted pics before....

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 07:16 AM   #49
mrdenis
mcopb8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthberg View Post
Why is it that so many people on this forum have to put down other people's opinions at every opportunity? There's no chest pounding, and I don't think I ever mentioned that I was "proud" of my color choice. What I did say is that I like it, and others seem to, as well. The OP asked for opinions, and I gave him an informed one, based on the experience of actually owning this color scheme. Get a grip, dude. It's people like you that push folks away from this forum.

Soap box complete.
Bravo! An appropriate reminder that we are talking about *opinions* and not facts. Otherwise BMW would be offering each car in a single, best color. Be glad you can make your own choice and respect the choice of others.

And I still think IB/FR is awesome
2006 BMW M3 coupe - sold
1999 BMW 540i touring - sold
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 07:40 AM   #50
duk
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92

pukes
      04-06-2010, 09:27 AM   #51
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Maybe it's weird but I think the black/carbon interiors "look" dirty faster since EVERYTHING shows up on it. I HATED that about my GTI. Like I said, weird.
I think about like a black button down shirt vs. a white (ok, in this case a light gray - but you get me) button down shirt. Both show dirt and debris in their own ways. But the black one you can just brush it off quickly and it'll look clean. The light one will show all kinds of stuff, and once its on there you really need to clean it to get it out. Part of my perspective comes form the fact I have a vert too. The "black soot" collects pretty quickly - in just a couple days. Then, just a little moisture and - presto - you've got mud pies in the seats.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 09:33 AM   #52
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep
Drives: camels & donkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinjoe64 View Post
+1111

The combo is cool, unique and quite stunning...this from a 20 year Blk-on-Blk enthusiast!!! Trust me you will not regret it in-spite of all the talk!!!!
btw, did you go to Gatech? I'm BSEE class of 94, and MSECE class of 00

go Jackets!

F87 M2 Competition, Sunset Orange, Exc, DCT.
**SOLD** F80 M3 Mineral Grey/Sakir Orange, Exc, DCT... ED 6/2015
**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 09:52 AM   #53
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE92 View Post
I would think that about half the people on here, would say that a yellow light is orange. Fox Red is red and does not have a orange tint.
Actually, it does. Just take any red object in the car and compare.

If the majority of people say it has an orange tone and you don't see it, you should worry about your vision not the other's.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 10:11 AM   #54
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

It's too bad you can't find a car with that color combo to go look at it. FWIW, I have Palladium Silver leather with Interlagos Blue. The "silver" does seem to have a blue tint to it and goes very well with IB. However, it seems all IB cars have either the silver or black interior.

If I were to describe the fox red I would compare it to the Cinnamon leather in the E46 M3 (of which I had and example for a few years.) There is more red in fox red than in the cinnamon. It's also a bit darker. I wouldn't say it has much, if any, orange in it (but my wife and daughter might disagree since they have a more highly refined sense of color like all gals do). Anyway, fox red is not a bright and gaudy red. It's hard for me to imagine the IB/FR combo, but it seems that it could work. I'd say, go for it. Don't worry that others might not like it. The only worry is if you don't like it. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the (few) colors that BMW is offering for the M3.

Cheers.
      04-06-2010, 01:42 PM   #55
ONE92
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Actually, it does. Just take any red object in the car and compare.

If the majority of people say it has an orange tone and you don't see it, you should worry about your vision not the other's.
I have taken tests for color before with 100%% accuracy when I tried out for Navy BUDS course. I own fox red, so no I am not going to take other peoples opinion as fact, that don't own the color. I would have to say that the color is more of a terracotta. You also might be confused about my post, it was for those that said that the color is more orange than red. Any other shade of red will have other tints to it, as red is a base color. We all know that you can make any color out of red, yellow and blue. This is why I said some people here would say that a yellow light is orange, when in fact it is more yellow than orange, in reality it is more like an amber.
      04-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #56
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
I have taken tests for color before with 100%% accuracy when I tried out for Navy BUDS course. I own fox red, so no I am not going to take other peoples opinion as fact, that don't own the color. I would have to say that the color is more of a terracotta. You also might be confused about my post, it was for those that said that the color is more orange than red.
OK, I understand.

You don't have to take other people's opinion about Fox Red into account, but that doesn't mean that you label the colors correctly. Unless you took Painting with Acrylic at Navy BUDS too.

Terracotta literally means "baked earth". The fact that you describe Fox Red as terracotta means you notice significant orange in it. Are we in disagreement on this?

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 03:32 PM   #57
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I would have to say that the color is more of a terracotta.
Agree on that. In fact, in many pics it looks almost just like the terra leather that was availalbe on the pre-LCI e90/e91 3 series.

For that matter, I would say that if Fox Red were instead just called "Fox" most of the arguments about having red/blue together - including those in this thread - would probably not even exist. In other words, people oppose the idea of red/blue together and that prejudices them to hate the combination.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #58
ee8
Private First Class
Portugal
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [6.40]
I would say go for it... if in doubt then definitely Bamboo.

Tint the windows and you´ll be fine. That is what I did.
That way you have nice exterior and nice interior without the obvious clash in colors.

With either FR or Bamboo go with carbon leather trim.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 12:22 AM   #59
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I think about like a black button down shirt vs. a white (ok, in this case a light gray - but you get me) button down shirt. Both show dirt and debris in their own ways. But the black one you can just brush it off quickly and it'll look clean. The light one will show all kinds of stuff, and once its on there you really need to clean it to get it out. Part of my perspective comes form the fact I have a vert too. The "black soot" collects pretty quickly - in just a couple days. Then, just a little moisture and - presto - you've got mud pies in the seats.
Ahh, I feel you on that.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 12:23 AM   #60
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Quote:
Agree on that. In fact, in many pics it looks almost just like the terra leather that was availalbe on the pre-LCI e90/e91 3 series.

For that matter, I would say that if Fox Red were instead just called "Fox" most of the arguments about having red/blue together - including those in this thread - would probably not even exist. In other words, people oppose the idea of red/blue together and that prejudices them to hate the combination.
I don't know about that. I'm a huge Spider-man fan (Superman is WAY overrated) and I love me some Old Glory but even if you called them black and white I'd still not care for the combination.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 09:25 AM   #61
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't know about that. I'm a huge Spider-man fan (Superman is WAY overrated) and I love me some Old Glory but even if you called them black and white I'd still not care for the combination.
Ah, right, but my point was that it is the name, not the color itself, that causes most of the conflict. It is to some degree an arbitrary name for what the color is. It is not really very red after all. It does have red in it, sure. But if you go into a preschool class and ask the kids to point out red, they are not going to find something that is the color of Fox Red and say "This!".

In addition, there are few/no debates about the blue (be it Monaco or Montego) and Terra combination on the 3 series. And yes cars in those combos exist - I've posted pics before to compare to FR/IB. And yet the Terra does also have a slight red hue to it just like Fox Red does. If BMW had instead called that color Terra Red, the debates would fly, IMHO. Furthermore, suppose there were a color that was even less Red than Fox and Terra. Maybe it is nearly brown. If BMW called that color Deep Lava Red (or something) then guess what? Instant conflict. IMHO. If BMW calls it Lava Rock then everyone is happy.

You may still disagree with me on this, but hopefully you see what I mean at least.

Now, with a color like Coral Red (also a 3 series interior color) it really doesn't matter what you call it because clearly it is a very obvious pure red. And frankly, because of that fact, there's no way it will ever be called anything but Red by BMW.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 08:51 AM   #62
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep

***BUMP for new drama****

well, looks like Fox red is back in the hunt!!! Yesterday I saw a Lemans Blue coupe with Fox red interior, and WOW, it looked sexy!

the Fox red is a bit darker than the old e46 "cinammon" and definitely more brown than the coral red in my current car. I thought it looked phenomenal!

so I may end up getting Fox Red instead...

**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 09:42 AM   #63
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Cool ssabripo - whose car was it that you saw?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 10:17 AM   #64
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Cool ssabripo - whose car was it that you saw?
at publix, of all places!

no tints, so I was able to see the inside clearly, and man oh man, it looked really nice, and the contrast with the blue was perfectly fine.

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 10:38 AM   #65
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '10 E92 M3

hello Clark Kent
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 12:16 PM   #66
JCE
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG M3 2010 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Res Ipsa View Post
That color combination is fucking terrible.
For some reason I lol'd at this.
Appreciate 0