BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

03-05-2011, 12:48 AM   #45
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
You own a 335. Why on earth would you get a beater?

BMW's are meant to be driven every day - it is not a Ferrari whose life span is 15k miles.

Whatever car I own, I daily drive it. Otherwise, I feel that I am just spending money to have the car look pretty in my garage.

The only exception to this rule is if you live somewhere that gets a lot of snow, like Buffalo. In that case, having a pickup or an SUV is good, for the ground clearance.
x freaking 100000
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 01:55 AM   #46
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW R - Stg 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
even an M series can be DD...

I DD my 997
DD a 997 in Beirut
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 02:45 AM   #47
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Looks like a egg..

But I agree with what everyone else is trying to say. 335 is a DD. I never understand why people buy a 335 and let it sit in the garage depreciating like a bitch. It's not like we are dealing with a limited edition car. This just doesn't make sense.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 02:15 PM   #48
aretardedorange
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60

So how was it?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 02:35 PM   #49
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep
Drives: His Mom Crazy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aretardedorange View Post
So how was it?
It was great!!!!!! ...What a fun car to drive!

I have never seen a car so well taken care of on the inside as well as outside. Even the passenger seat looked like no one has set his/ her tush on it at all. Not a dent, not a scratch. And it runs and sounds like an R32. The mods are extensive and tastefully done. The power and acceleration is lot more than a regular GTI.

The only downside is no Nav and the stereo, although is the "premium" version of the stock, still leaves a lot to be desired for my ears. I am spoiled with Logic7 for three years Also, the wheels and tires although in pretty decent shape, need to be replaced soon. Well, of these are not deal breakers, IMO.

I will have my mechanic check it on Tuesday. If he says, GO ...I'm going to pull the trigger. It will be fun ride
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #50
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondtar View Post

I have never seen a car so well taken care of on the inside as well as outside. Even the passenger seat looked like no one has set his/ her tush on it at all. Not a dent, not a scratch. And it runs and sounds like an R32. The mods are extensive and tastefully done. The power and acceleration is lot more than a regular GTI.

The only downside is no Nav and the stereo, although is the "premium" version of the stock, still leaves a lot to be desired for my ears. I am spoiled with Logic7 for three years Also, the wheels and tires although in pretty decent shape, need to be replaced soon. Well, of these are not deal breakers, IMO.

I will have my mechanic check it on Tuesday. If he says, GO ...I'm going to pull the trigger. It will be fun ride
You can get a pretty good system (and no, I'm not talking about eight sub boxes placed in the hatch) put in there for not a whole lot of money. It doesn't take much money to install an aftermarket system optimized for the entire range of sound that beats Logic7.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #51
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
You can get a pretty good system (and no, I'm not talking about eight sub boxes placed in the hatch) put in there for not a whole lot of money. It doesn't take much money to install an aftermarket system optimized for the entire range of sound that beats Logic7.

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #52
Want
YVR
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Monaco Blue

How does it compare to a bimmer?

I test drove the new jettas, with sport pack, i was unimpressed.
      03-06-2011, 03:03 PM   #53
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want View Post
How does it compare to a bimmer?

I test drove the new jettas, with sport pack, i was unimpressed.
No comparison. They are in two different class of cars, IMO. I think it would be unfair to both cars to put them side by side.

The ride was rougher (this specific car is dropped and has upgraded suspension parts) and overall sense of comfort is less than a Bimmer. However, it definitely had Fahrvergnügen The initial acceleration felt better and faster than my E92 (one of my biggest gripes with E92).

I think it's best to compare this specific car to a Cooper S. Although, this one was a lot faster car.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #54
aretardedorange
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Nice the 2011 Jetta S only has 115HP and they wanted $17k for it.... Car was slow as balls even a standard corolla or civic is faster.

How much are you looking at picking up the GTI? And do you know how VW reliability is? Is it like Audi LOL?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #55
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Nice the 2011 Jetta S only has 115HP and they wanted $17k for it.... Car was slow as balls even a standard corolla or civic is faster.

How much are you looking at picking up the GTI? And do you know how VW reliability is? Is it like Audi LOL?
Nah, dude ...this car was anything but a slowball. This thing moved!

The price tag is $15.9K which may be a bit a high for a 2006 as stated above but considering the mileage, the mint condition and the amount of mods and extra's (I estimate at least in the $8-10K range), I think it's worth it. Hopefully, the mechanic will think so too after he inspects it. We shall see ...
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #56
Want
YVR
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Monaco Blue

Quote:

Top of the line jetta is 170hp but nothing compared to even a 328. but I'll take it over a camry any day.

Cool, good looking car tondtar. I'm so jelly, I hate how you guys get everything el cheapo down there. I had to pay for a 328 e90 what you guys pay for a 335 e92.

Edit
I have to ask, why do you want a beater? It's not like you get crazy winters or anything down where you live. Do you just wanna save the wear and tear during rush hour or something like that?
      03-06-2011, 10:02 PM   #57
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want View Post
Top of the line jetta is 170hp but nothing compared to even a 328. but I'll take it over a camry any day.

Cool, good looking car tondtar. I'm so jelly, I hate how you guys get everything el cheapo down there. I had to pay for a 328 e90 what you guys pay for a 335 e92.

Edit
I have to ask, why do you want a beater? It's not like you get crazy winters or anything down where you live. Do you just wanna save the wear and tear during rush hour or something like that?
Your Canadian dollar is kicking our Yankee dollar's ass ...so don't be jelly. We are a doomed nation. We are just using our last drop of credit to tickle our never ending vanity before the final goodbye.

As for the car, my own E92's lease is coming to an end in a few months. I can't afford getting another Bimmer or a similar type of car for now. My son will start driving by early next year. I thought a car like this may be the solution to all the problems above. I have not even decided to get it yet! And He's already bitching about it being a stick shift.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 10:20 PM   #58
aretardedorange
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Your Canadian dollar is kicking our Yankee dollar's ass ...so don't be jelly. We are a doomed nation. We are just using our last drop of credit to tickle our never ending vanity before the final goodbye.

As for the car, my own E92's lease is coming to an end in a few months. I can't afford getting another Bimmer or a similar type of car for now. My son will start driving by early next year. I thought a car like this may be the solution to all the problems above. I have not even decided to get it yet! And He's already bitching about it being a stick shift.
I would love a stick shift .

I am planning on buying a used G35 sedan and slapping a single turbo inside. The G is reliable and easy to mod with plenty of modifications available. I wish you luck with this car..just curious do you think it could outrun a E90 328i? And what kind of gains did the car receive with the chip?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 10:22 PM   #59
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
I would love a stick shift .

I am planning on buying a used G35 sedan and slapping a single turbo inside. The G is reliable and easy to mod with plenty of modifications available. I wish you luck with this car..just curious do you think it could outrun a E90 328i? And what kind of gains did the car receive with the chip?
depending on the year, a G isnt as reliable as you think.
      03-07-2011, 02:09 AM   #60
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by abisson View Post
DD a 997 in Beirut
I do...
      03-07-2011, 02:41 AM   #61
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW R - Stg 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
I do...
I know... but you wouldn't in Montreal, which is nice that you live in a place where you can do it!

But jokes aside, a 997 4S/S/Turbo is probably the best DD in the world. Great choice man.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 05:02 AM   #62
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by abisson View Post
I know... but you wouldn't in Montreal, which is nice that you live in a place where you can do it!

But jokes aside, a 997 4S/S/Turbo is probably the best DD in the world. Great choice man.
I was looking into trading in my 335 for a Porsche in Montreal.
but all that power is wasted with a speed limit of 70km/h

Here in Beirut, I push it to 160km/h no sweat. We have the roads for it.
but over there... the car will either be impounded or in the garage for new shocks every week..

335 is a great DD.. I have to agree, I don't understand why people make it a garage queen.
      03-22-2011, 04:29 PM   #63
aretardedorange
Banned
Rep

u ever get this tondtar?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 04:52 PM   #64
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
u ever get this tondtar?
Yes, Sir ....Picked it up two days ago.

Full report with photos coming soon. Stay tuned

Last edited by Tondtar; 03-22-2011 at 05:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 05:44 PM   #65
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

omg.. everyone watch out for a posing old man in a modded GTI.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 06:09 PM   #66
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian III View Post
omg.. everyone watch out for a posing old man in a modded GTI.
Appreciate 0