BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

01-01-2014, 09:42 AM   #23
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
oh ill tell you whats going on

on this forum, if you say anything that is negative about any of the sponser's parts, it will be deleted. its always been like that

EAS owns macht schnell so you can piece together the details

ON topic. I have always had issues with spacers the couple times I ran them. It is tempting because they can look damn good when done right, but I just avoid it at this point because its not worth the safety risk and headache IMO
Safety risk? Unless you have really screwed up the install, what safety risk are you speaking of?
      01-01-2014, 09:44 AM   #24
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
Safety risk? Unless you have really screwed up the install, what safety risk are you speaking of?
on the track it is definitely a safety risk having the wheel / spacer not flush with the hub.

under continuous high speeds and heavy braking / cornering, there are plenty of potential issues that could occur. probably wont, but might.
      01-01-2014, 01:28 PM   #25
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
oh ill tell you whats going on

on this forum, if you say anything that is negative about any of the sponser's parts, it will be deleted. its always been like that

EAS owns macht schnell so you can piece together the details
Absolutely right. Those of us who have been around for a while have seen it happen over and over again.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2014, 08:00 PM   #26
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
on the track it is definitely a safety risk having the wheel / spacer not flush with the hub.

under continuous high speeds and heavy braking / cornering, there are plenty of potential issues that could occur. probably wont, but might.
Yes, but now you are talking about an improperly installed spacer. What I am saying is that even with a perfect install and proper bolting, you may still get a faint vibration in the steering wheel.
      01-01-2014, 11:50 PM   #27
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
Absolutely right. Those of us who have been around for a while have seen it happen over and over again.
What's the point in having a board. Might as well shut down. Toughen up. One has every right to voice one's opinion. In Australia we call it "free speech". This forum is for men who drive /// cars not for cry babies.
      01-02-2014, 02:01 AM   #28
BLACKnWHITE168
Private First Class
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW E92 ///M3 DCT

in the past I had custom spacers made to fit 20" Maserati rims on my M3 (they were not the right fitment), I had vibrations, in the end my tire shop balanced those rims with the spacers on and that got rid of the problem. Did that actually work or was it just a coincidence?
Appreciate 0