BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

ESS Tuning

07-21-2014, 11:05 AM   #133
happos2
Dingleberries

Drives: Gray E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Coming into Indi for the United race this week, and then a track day @ Putnam.

Any must see/do's in downtown, and downtown restaurant recommendations from locals? Thanks
I might need to look into going to this race!!! Which event is at Putnam this week? I need to make it out there...

As for what to do...um, If you want a nice dinner, I suggest St. Elmos for some great steak ($$$$) and shrimp cocktail! Cars and Coffee will be on Saturday morning at 10 if you have a little time then. Usually there are some free concerts happening someplace...sometimes there are partys on Georgia Street (www.georgiastreetidny.com). "Ball and Biscuit" and "Libertine" has great old fashion drinks (very strong and cost at least $10 per drink - though very strong).

Of course there are museums and such (war mueseum, state museum, war memorial, renting and riding bike on cultural trail...)
      07-21-2014, 03:40 PM   #134
FormulaMMM
Major

Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by happos2 View Post
I might need to look into going to this race!!! Which event is at Putnam this week? I need to make it out there...

As for what to do...um, If you want a nice dinner, I suggest St. Elmos for some great steak ($$$$) and shrimp cocktail! Cars and Coffee will be on Saturday morning at 10 if you have a little time then. Usually there are some free concerts happening someplace...sometimes there are partys on Georgia Street (www.georgiastreetidny.com). "Ball and Biscuit" and "Libertine" has great old fashion drinks (very strong and cost at least $10 per drink - though very strong).

Of course there are museums and such (war mueseum, state museum, war memorial, renting and riding bike on cultural trail...)
Appreciate the recommendations.

Really looking forward to the race. United is a seriously good live show with all of the classes. I prefer it to Indycar actually. Race is on Friday -- http://www.imsa.com/races/brickyard-grand-prix

Track day Saturday, but it looks like they've sold out. Never been to Putnam before and excited for that as well! Going to be a motorsports sort of weekend. http://www.1010thsmotorsports.com/July_2014_Putnam.html
Jerez Black 6MT E90 M3: Velos Designwerks Tune, Megan Racing Catback (past) | Akrapovic Evolution (present), Macht Schnell Filter, Stoptech ST-40 Front + Pagid RS29 | Stock Rear + Ferodo DS2500, Apex EC-7 18x10 ET25 + Nitto NT01 275/35/18.
Jet Black DCT E90 M3: Akrapovic Slip-On, tbd...
      07-22-2014, 02:12 PM   #135
happos2
Dingleberries

Quote:
Appreciate the recommendations.

Really looking forward to the race. United is a seriously good live show with all of the classes. I prefer it to Indycar actually. Race is on Friday -- http://www.imsa.com/races/brickyard-grand-prix

Track day Saturday, but it looks like they've sold out. Never been to Putnam before and excited for that as well! Going to be a motorsports sort of weekend. http://www.1010thsmotorsports.com/July_2014_Putnam.html
No problem! I might look into getting tickets for the race, wouldn't mind going.

I have done the 10/10th motorsports before...not a bad setup. I guess I had my weekends off because I thought that was on the 19th, must have been a different club. Have fun!!

Also, let me know if you need anything while here (tools, place to wrench, etc) as I should be in town.

Last edited by happos2; 07-23-2014 at 07:56 AM.
      Yesterday, 01:32 PM   #136
happos2
Dingleberries

Wake up Indy!! Let's get together and do something next week!
      Yesterday, 07:13 PM   #137
FormulaMMM
Major

Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by happos2 View Post
No problem! I might look into getting tickets for the race, wouldn't mind going.

I have done the 10/10th motorsports before...not a bad setup. I guess I had my weekends off because I thought that was on the 19th, must have been a different club. Have fun!!

Also, let me know if you need anything while here (tools, place to wrench, etc) as I should be in town.
Just spotted your offer man, I appreciate that. Everything went as planned, and had a blast.

Walked pretty much all of downtown I think and ended up here for food. Good stuff! http://www.bakersfieldmassave.com/ Hope to come back for the race again next year.
Jerez Black 6MT E90 M3: Velos Designwerks Tune, Megan Racing Catback (past) | Akrapovic Evolution (present), Macht Schnell Filter, Stoptech ST-40 Front + Pagid RS29 | Stock Rear + Ferodo DS2500, Apex EC-7 18x10 ET25 + Nitto NT01 275/35/18.
Jet Black DCT E90 M3: Akrapovic Slip-On, tbd...
      Yesterday, 07:36 PM   #138
happos2
Dingleberries

Quote:
Just spotted your offer man, I appreciate that. Everything went as planned, and had a blast.

Walked pretty much all of downtown I think and ended up here for food. Good stuff! http://www.bakersfieldmassave.com/ Hope to come back for the race again next year.
No worries. Ended up going to a Beerfest down in Brown County (south near IU) that Saturday.

Bakersfield has some great tacos and strong margaritas!! Bru Burger is also very good and just up the street from Bakersfield. The nice thing about is Indy is that it is fairly small and easy to cover on foot!

Glad you had a good time!
      Today, 07:05 AM   #139
happos2
Dingleberries

Black E92 on fall creek this AM...looked stock! Who are you? And thanks for waving back to me!!