BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

12-09-2013, 10:27 PM   #1
Spyris
Private
Rep
Drives: None

How to remove e93m rear window trim??

Searched and searched and tried to pry off my rear window trim to no avail. Prefer not to break the dang thing or bend it. Can someone point me in the right direction? Reason is, it's loose and making lots of rattling noises and driving me crazy . Tried to put some felt tape but not doing the trick. Thanks in advance. Will buy a drink to whoever can help me out

Apologize for crappy pics, but gives you an idea as to what I'm talking about.

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 01:01 AM   #2
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
It just pulls out of a channel around the glass. It has several metal push in clips around it that hold it in place. They have teeth on them that make them easy to install and harder to remove. Once you get it started it comes out pretty easily.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 03:17 AM   #3
AJ_MO
Private
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E93

Hi! I had the same problem problem...I put felt tape everywhere on the roof rubber closing position, and got better but the was still a vibrating rattle on bad street tarmac...them I putted felt tape around the rear window trim, nothing changed, but then bought a RUBBER tape like 5mm thick sprayed with oil and pushed in between the window and the plastic....problem solved!

But I still want to know how you solve this issue. My homemade technique sometimes has to be redone (once every 2-months!)...

'08 M3 E93 DCT - Individual Diopsidschwarz/Palladium -19" 220 Gunmetal - 12mm H&R spacers - H&R Swaybars - BMC filter - M Performance grills - ECU - Zimmerann Rotors/Brembo Sport Pads
Appreciate 0