BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

03-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
MMattar9
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M5 Competition

Options for Amplifier Replacement with iDrive

Hey guys, I bought my 08 M3 from a BMW dealer at wholesale due to some issues it had. The major one besides new tires was the fact that the amplifier needs replaced. The car is no longer under any warranty and I know this is pricey. Car has iDrive and I heard there is no aftermarket amps for this issue. I've talked to a couple of local radio installers for pricing but I get worried sometimes when non-BMW companies work on my stuff. The BMW store told me it was $800 for just the amp itself, then an additional $300 for installation. Making it a grand total of $1,100.00 before tax. This seems to be ridiculous. Anyone come across this and find an alternate route to save some money?

Thanks for all feedback!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 02:48 AM   #2
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMattar9 View Post
Hey guys, I bought my 08 M3 from a BMW dealer at wholesale due to some issues it had. The major one besides new tires was the fact that the amplifier needs replaced. The car is no longer under any warranty and I know this is pricey. Car has iDrive and I heard there is no aftermarket amps for this issue. I've talked to a couple of local radio installers for pricing but I get worried sometimes when non-BMW companies work on my stuff. The BMW store told me it was $800 for just the amp itself, then an additional $300 for installation. Making it a grand total of $1,100.00 before tax. This seems to be ridiculous. Anyone come across this and find an alternate route to save some money?

Thanks for all feedback!
Need more information but there are options. Some more costly than others depending on what factory system you had. Was it hi-fi or individual (also known as enhanced premium sound)?
      03-05-2013, 05:03 AM   #3
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMattar9 View Post

Thanks for all feedback!
That looks to me like the price of the Individual Audio/Enhanced Premium Audio system OEM amp. If so then either you replace it, use this or do this.

However you slice it, you will be spending pretty much the same $1100 or so after parts and install.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 07:39 AM   #4
MMattar9
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M5 Competition

Thanks for the feedback! Looks like there are not many options!
2007 BMW 335i Coupe 6MT-Sold
2008 BMW E92 M3 6MT-Sold
Appreciate 0