BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-18-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
shamoo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 GT3, 2017 X5M

Pocono Run & Cheesesteak Run 2010 (Lots of pics)

Hey everyone. You'll probably find this cross posted on a few forums (since I previously came from a Honda S2000).

Yesterday, a few of us participated in the 2010 Pocono Run. The run was to benefit Marko850's son (BMW forum). The next run, which was to begin at 4:30pm was the Gold Run. All proceeds/donations from that rally will go to underprivileged children at Valley View Intermediary School in Peckville, PA.

Onto the pictures! All pics were taken by a Canon 7D with either a 24-70mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8 or Sigma 10-20 f/3.5-4.6. High res versions are available upon request.

Bright and early (7:30am) we all met at the Rockaway Mall in North Jersey. No pictures there, but we quickly made our way across the Delaware Water Gap into Pennsylvania. There we met a few others at a local gas station.

Steve's M5. Had some dry rot problems with his tire so he couldn't push it too hard. I don't know...those 70mph stints through the windy 25mph Pocono roads probably didn't help haha.

Audi S6 maybe? Nope.

Turbo M3 making ~400+whp. I miss the sound of the blow off.

One of the cleanest (literally) E46s I have ever seen. This thing was shiny!

Mustang that was with the group.

Driver of turbo M on left, and 850i on right.

My buddy Nat who came with me.

My car.

My riding buddy.

So as we were looking for fun roads to drive, the car I was following made a sudden turn. I made it, most of the people behind me did not. Here we are waiting for the others to catch up to us. I'll skip the pic I snapped of Steve taking a leak by the trees.

Another riding buddy.

We eventually found some park. Figured it was a good spot to take some pictures. It was VERY bright so the sun didn't help the clarity of the pictures.

Beast of a V12 850.

The Audi A6 causing some grass damage. Whoops!

Wide angle lens making the two Ms look bloated.

Whoops!

A few people had the GoPro HD camera. Wish I had one too.

Back out on the road trying to decide where to eat.

Interior of the turbo M. Classic.

After some eats, we finally made it back to Whippany, NJ where the Gold Run was about to start. This was a 1985 Lamborghini Jalpa. I never heard of it before. It had 29K original miles. I thought it was a Ferrari at first.

This was the rear.

1991 Porsche turbo with new style Porsche wheels. Beautiful car. Immaculate condition.

There was a photographer with the Daily News there too snapping pictures. She had an assortment of nice lenses. Her camera was a Canon 50D I believe.

One of the guys we were with switched cars for the Gold Run to this old school Janguar. V12 with only 12K miles or something.

Driver/passenger of the Dodge Charger I think.

Driver of the Porsche turbo.

Registration tent. This girl was a cutie haha.

Look over here!

Girl driving M3.

1980's Ferrari 308 quattrovalvole. This one only had 29K miles or so.

Photog snapping pics of the 308.

Interior. Was like a cockpit or something with all those switch looking things.

Okay, I guess you're somewhat turned in this direction.

This guy living in the stone age or something? Haha.

Finally arrived in Philly. Fuggetaboutit.

Random fun with Photoshop.

Hope you enjoyed!
      07-18-2010, 06:42 PM   #2
bknight
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M Competition

Great pictures! Looks like a fun drive. Do you remember which roads around the Poconos you were on, was it around 447 and 191?
Appreciate 0