BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

11-29-2008, 09:27 PM   #89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brusso View Post
Sticky... As a supercharged M3 owner and a modded 335 owner I don't think you know how you make yourself sound with your replies. If you were to tone down your comments you wouldn't get into these forum debates.
All you have to do Is admit a properly modded 335 can out run a M3 with non FI bolt ons or shall I say "keep up".
There is always a faster car out there.....
If you could not tell already, I could care less how I sound to people I don't know and will never meet. If I were to tone down my replies, I would be acting like someone I'm not. I'm sick of 335 owners coming onto threads on M3post and posting nonsense about their car modded vs. the M3. The 335 is not an M3, never will be, and I could care less about that low end junk. We don't need that here, they can sit on e90post and talk about their cars all they want.

Secondly, what is a properly modded 335? What is a properly modded M3? What is keeping up? All I know, is a modded 335 thought he could keep up with me, and it was an embarassing beat down. Are there faster 335's? Yes, sure are. Are there faster M3's than mine? You bet. Once you get into modded vs. modded the sky is the limit.

In my opinion, a 335 heavily modded on pump gas will not be near an M3 heavily modded on pump gas. That is without forced induction for the M3, with, it isn't a discussion.

Last edited by Sticky; 11-29-2008 at 10:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2008, 01:12 AM   #90
brusso
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E92

simple physics tells me that a 370-390 whp on pump gas 335 vs a NA tuned M3 which can make 370 or so on pump gas also is a very close race. The car you raced had a chip only...
and a very poor excuse of a chip at that. I hope you get to compare your car with a v3 or jb3 car with intake and dps on pump gas. Anything less than that and you should pull away slowly with your mods.
Again your e92 M with VF's supercharger will be bad ass and discussion over until a turbo upgrade comes along.
Some properly modded 335's will be out in the long beach area on sunday the 7th for a little event. You are more than welcome to come by with a camcorder and we can make some friendly comparo's.
you can pm me for more info on the time and location if you are interested.
take it easy man and enjoy your M ....
      11-30-2008, 01:21 AM   #91
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
simple physics tells me that a 370-390 whp on pump gas 335 vs a NA tuned M3 which can make 370 or so on pump gas also is a very close race. The car you raced had a chip only...
and a very poor excuse of a chip at that. I hope you get to compare your car with a v3 or jb3 car with intake and dps on pump gas. Anything less than that and you should pull away slowly with your mods.
Again your e92 M with VF's supercharger will be bad ass and discussion over until a turbo upgrade comes along.
Some properly modded 335's will be out in the long beach area on sunday the 7th for a little event. You are more than welcome to come by with a camcorder and we can make some friendly comparo's.
you can pm me for more info on the time and location if you are interested.
take it easy man and enjoy your M ....
Thanks, I appreciate the invite and I have a run with a JB3 set up because I guess that will finally put an end to this nonsense.

An NA tuned M3 will be putting out more than 370 wheel on pump, just to let you know.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2008, 10:53 AM   #92
eagletangogreen
Got Track!!!!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 coupe

I will jump on here and give you my nonsense.. N/A cars deliver power instantly, where a boosted cars needs to build boost> I dont care how good of a driver you are boost needs to build, once that car has the initial momentum he will continue to pull until the race is over... 600 hp N/A Zipers and Z06 would give me a run for my money and sometimes beat me to my 700hp> every shift you lose boost and have to build it back up in, that doesnt happen in a N/A its instantly. Look a t a N/A and boosted dyno and most of the time the peak Hp in instant with torque nice and flat, were a boosted car looks like mount Everest.

Here is a video of my good Friend and me with our cars (at 500 to the wheels) on just the wastegate boost setting (boost controller off) Same hp, same weight, same wheels same everything, He is a better "turbo driver", and shifts a cunt hair faster than me. But just to show that even with a the cars being even, its all driver, and technique when driving a boosted car... If you think having the car in the power band and stepping on the gas is all that needs to be done.. Ha your in for a rude awakening, if you come across guys like us ...

Heres the video >>>> I know your comments are going to be I cant drive >>> If I couldnt I would not be driving a stock M in the 12's

So my point is that a 500hp 335 would have a good run for his $$$ with a good M driver, as we have seen in Stickys Video... Seeing is believing!

Somewhere In Mexico!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by eagletangogreen; 11-30-2008 at 11:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2008, 11:22 AM   #93
brusso
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Sticky... what are the supporting mods on the jb3 car? They can make a world of difference
      11-30-2008, 01:26 PM   #94
brusso
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagletangogreen View Post
I will jump on here and give you my nonsense.. N/A cars deliver power instantly, where a boosted cars needs to build boost> I dont care how good of a driver you are boost needs to build, once that car has the initial momentum he will continue to pull until the race is over... 600 hp N/A Zipers and Z06 would give me a run for my money and sometimes beat me to my 700hp> every shift you lose boost and have to build it back up in, that doesnt happen in a N/A its instantly. Look a t a N/A and boosted dyno and most of the time the peak Hp in instant with torque nice and flat, were a boosted car looks like mount Everest.

Here is a video of my good Friend and me with our cars (at 500 to the wheels) on just the wastegate boost setting (boost controller off) Same hp, same weight, same wheels same everything, He is a better "turbo driver", and shifts a cunt hair faster than me. But just to show that even with a the cars being even, its all driver, and technique when driving a boosted car... If you think having the car in the power band and stepping on the gas is all that needs to be done.. Ha your in for a rude awakening, if you come across guys like us ...

Heres the video >>>> I know your comments are going to be I cant drive >>> If I couldnt I would not be driving a stock M in the 12's

So my point is that a 500hp 335 would have a good run for his $$$ with a good M driver, as we have seen in Stickys Video... Seeing is believing!

I agree NA cars make power differently and the drivers play a huge role but in this case the tq of the twin turbo and size of the turbos allows max boost to be made at 4k rpm. this means with an auto like my car the driver has nothng to do with runs and both cars would be in their power curves after every shift. I would love to make some friendly runs with an M for comparison sake.
      11-30-2008, 02:40 PM   #95
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sticky... what are the supporting mods on the jb3 car? They can make a world of difference
I don't know, I'll let you know.

As far as torque, gearing plays a huge factor in the torque getting to to the tire. The 335 I already ran was making far more torque than I at the crank, did not matter in practice.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2008, 07:16 PM   #96
eagletangogreen
Got Track!!!!!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I agree NA cars make power differently and the drivers play a huge role but in this case the tq of the twin turbo and size of the turbos allows max boost to be made at 4k rpm. this means with an auto like my car the driver has nothng to do with runs and both cars would be in their power curves after every shift. I would love to make some friendly runs with an M for comparison sake.
Right I agree but look at your boost gage next time your ready to start a race when your holding the speed you wan to start>> It will be in neg vac when you begin the race and even thou you see that boost gage climb quickly to your max boost thats time wasted (building boost) where a N/A car is instant no boost to build.

Second
Next time you speed shift look at your boost gage! If your good your boost will drop to 0 if your really good you will hold 2 or 3 lbs of boost, BUT most likely you will go into Neg vac when you shift, witch in turn, time is lost building boost.. (unless you have a two step witch I never heard a BMW with).

I wish I lived back home in So Cal so I could show you what I am talking about>> Look at my second drag video racing a 500hp 350Z, he has 150hp more than me and 160 more ft torque, and you will see how the M's keeps up all the way.. In the end it all driver.

click here>>
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2008, 07:59 PM   #97
Advskier
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92

Out of curiosity, do these modded 335's go around corners? All I ever see around here are drag races.
If all these modded 335's do is drag race, why not mod a Mustang or some other domestic vehicle?

Then there are the repairs. Just look at all the problems with stock 335's in the E90 section. Forget modded ones, because even if the dealer will touch them, the warranty is gone.

Seriously, if I were looking for a car in the 335 price/performance range I'd be hard pressed to buy a 335 after reading all the complaints in the E90 forum. Then again, the 335 is probably a fine car, but typical owners who post here just whine 10X as much as other car owners. Which is another reason not to own one, because then I'd be associated with all the whiners.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2008, 09:18 PM   #98
brusso
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Right I agree but look at your boost gage next time your ready to start a race when your holding the speed you wan to start>> It will be in neg vac when you begin the race and even thou you see that boost gage climb quickly to your max boost thats time wasted (building boost) where a N/A car is instant no boost to build.

Second
Next time you speed shift look at your boost gage! If your good your boost will drop to 0 if your really good you will hold 2 or 3 lbs of boost, BUT most likely you will go into Neg vac when you shift, witch in turn, time is lost building boost.. (unless you have a two step witch I never heard a BMW with).

I wish I lived back home in So Cal so I could show you what I am talking about>> Look at my second drag video racing a 500hp 350Z, he has 150hp more than me and 160 more ft torque, and you will see how the M's keeps up all the way.. In the end it all driver.

click here>>
I thought as a turbo guy you might appreciate how the 335 can hold boost through shifts. This is an old vid and we are using different mapping to achieve max boost targets by 4K rpm. check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5VVM...d.php?t=134592 this one just shows what they are able to do .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ6QcRqUfWc I haven't seen many M3's run the quarter.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advskier View Post
Out of curiosity, do these modded 335's go around corners? All I ever see around here are drag races.
If all these modded 335's do is drag race, why not mod a Mustang or some other domestic vehicle?

Then there are the repairs. Just look at all the problems with stock 335's in the E90 section. Forget modded ones, because even if the dealer will touch them, the warranty is gone.

Seriously, if I were looking for a car in the 335 price/performance range I'd be hard pressed to buy a 335 after reading all the complaints in the E90 forum. Then again, the 335 is probably a fine car, but typical owners who post here just whine 10X as much as other car owners. Which is another reason not to own one, because then I'd be associated with all the whiners.
You are right about the twisties..... My 335 with stock suspension can't touch my M which had full suspension( KW V2 ect) . Once you upgrade the sway bars and go with a coil over set up they handle very very well. The only big problem with the 335 is the High pressure fuel pump failures and the wastegate rattle . I haven't had either but I agree BMW owners complain and whine way to much.
      11-30-2008, 10:11 PM   #99
cipher5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Donington Grey X3M Comp

can't wait to see more pics
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2008, 10:16 PM   #100
eagletangogreen
Got Track!!!!!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I thought as a turbo guy you might appreciate how the 335 can hold boost through shifts. This is an old vid and we are using different mapping to achieve max boost targets by 4K rpm. check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5VVM...d.php?t=134592 this one just shows what they are able to do .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ6QcRqUfWc I haven't seen many M3's run the quarter.....

You are right about the twisties..... My 335 with stock suspension can't touch my M which had full suspension( KW V2 ect) . Once you upgrade the sway bars and go with a coil over set up they handle very very well. The only big problem with the 335 is the High pressure fuel pump failures and the wastegate rattle . I haven't had either but I agree BMW owners complain and whine way to much.
You got to love auto gear boxes!! Seeing is believing that thing held boost nicley.. Dont get me wrong I am a turbo guy for Life!!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 10:44 AM   #101
faris13
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E92 M3

Quote:

Is that Alberto from My350z.com? nice to see fellow my350zer's on here
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 11:25 AM   #102
eagletangogreen
Got Track!!!!!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by faris13 View Post
Is that Alberto from My350z.com? nice to see fellow my350zer's on here

We are everywhere!!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 11:51 PM   #103
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

I just saw a prelim dyno for the E9x M3 supercharger system from ESS Tuning... um, damn... on pump fuel... damn! My Stage 3 tuned 335i has no chance.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 12:20 AM   #104
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelPhx View Post
I just saw a prelim dyno for the E9x M3 supercharger system from ESS Tuning... um, damn... on pump fuel... damn! My Stage 3 tuned 335i has no chance.
Link? Graph? Info? Anything?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 12:29 AM   #105
camaross305
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Yea what the hell man! More info or !!!!! lol

User name lmims526894rou

Or contact me at chrism9551@aol.com
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 01:03 AM   #106
michaeldorian
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaross305 View Post
Yea what the hell man! More info or !!!!! lol
More info please!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 06:11 AM   #107
M-Maika
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 AW

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [10.00]
This topic is wayyyyyyy of topic.
Sorry guys.
      12-13-2008, 12:35 PM   #108
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Hey Todd. There's a few E46 SC'd M3's out there that your 335I would have no chance against either.

Seriously, that is great news on the ESS kit, can't wait to see how it progresses and the power it makes! Like the rest here we'd love to see the #'s.
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.14s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690WHP/463WTQ
Shift-S3ctor E92 M3 - 1/2 Mile Trap Speed WR - 174.13 MPH
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 12:36 PM   #109
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 ZCP

If this kit is anything like the E46 M3 VF kits, then we're in good shape.
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.14s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690WHP/463WTQ
Shift-S3ctor E92 M3 - 1/2 Mile Trap Speed WR - 174.13 MPH
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 04:14 PM   #110
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Hey Todd. There's a few E46 SC'd M3's out there that your 335I would have no chance against either.

Seriously, that is great news on the ESS kit, can't wait to see how it progresses and the power it makes! Like the rest here we'd love to see the #'s.
Drew: There are more than a few! lol... I don't have the fastest 335i in the world by any means.

And I saw they posted "goodies" at E46fan...

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=632455
Appreciate 0