BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

10-12-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
SeanPlunk
Rep
Drives: None

Opinion on a car

Hey everyone,

I have a buddy looking to buy an M3, and I wanted to see what you guys think of the deal. I've looked at similar cars online and it seems reasonable, but I figure you guys are the experts.

This is the car.

Graphite Metallic
Red Interior
13,039 miles.

It looks basically loaded except for the cold weather package. The dealer has the complete maintanence history on the car. We live in Southern California, and the deal is 47K OTD and shipped here. What do you guys think? Too high, or about right?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 04:14 PM   #2
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

if its a e92 with dct and cpo then 47 out the door isnt bad for shipped and cpo included.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 04:16 PM   #3
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Looks about right ... tell your friend to offer 45K and settle for 45.5 if he has to or walk away. He should tell the dealer 45.5 is his best offer, if the salesman shakes his head ask him to leave him his number then tell him to call him if he or his manager changes there mind then tell him he should walk away.

The salesman will stop him before the reaches the door or call him at home within a day or so. I think it is a buyers market. After all your friend still needs to pay the tax.

Make sure to tell him to carefully look over the last inspection report also how much warranty is left or extended on the car. If the dealer knows the car is in top shape then they will have no problems to extent the warranty for a price of course.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 04:36 PM   #4
SeanPlunk
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
if its a e92 with dct and cpo then 47 out the door isnt bad for shipped and cpo included.
It's actually a 6 speed (he wants a manual), and I'm not sure about CPO.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 04:38 PM   #5
SeanPlunk
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Looks about right ... tell your friend to offer 45K and settle for 45.5 if he has to or walk away. He should tell the dealer 45.5 is his best offer, if the salesman shakes his head ask him to leave him his number then tell him to call him if he or his manager changes there mind then tell him he should walk away.

The salesman will stop him before the reaches the door or call him at home within a day or so. I think it is a buyers market. After all your friend still needs to pay the tax.

Make sure to tell him to carefully look over the last inspection report also how much warranty is left or extended on the car. If the dealer knows the car is in top shape then they will have no problems to extent the warranty for a price of course.
The dealer isn't local. I think it's in Chicago he said. I think shipping is probably going to cost them about a grand. The 47k price would include everything, tax, shipping, etc. I think it works out for getting the car for roughly 42k or so
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #6
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
The dealer isn't local. I think it's in Chicago he said. I think shipping is probably going to cost them about a grand. The 47k price would include everything, tax, shipping, etc. I think it works out for getting the car for roughly 42k or so
Well that sounds good then. Perhaps he should consider flying out and picking it up? Would be a nice drive back.

One problem I would have is purchasing a car that I never saw in person. Once the car is at his place it be too late don't you think? Then that is just me, other people might think different then I on this issue.

I would at least try to find a member here on this forum in Chicago and see if he can go to see the car before your friend finalizes the deal, what you think?

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 03:00 PM   #7
SeanPlunk
Rep

They wouldn't bite at the 47k shipped, but he's looking at a couple others. I appreciate all the help.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 09:37 PM   #8
rye m3
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3

Thought you had the deal at 47k. On such a used car, you really want the CPO. Good lucksounds like a fair deal.

2007 997S - sold
2003 E46 M3 Steel Grey on Red- sold
1997 E36 M3 Arctic Silver on Black- sold
Appreciate 0