BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Mporium BMW

04-22-2013, 09:33 AM   #23
8_is_enough
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 GT3, 18 Macan GTS, 22 X540i

Nice! That's how the car should look from the factory
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 01:16 PM   #24
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
Best pics Ive seen yet. You clearly show the gap and the contrast is good to actually see the gap. Most pictures people are are in the sun which makes it hard to tell exactly how much gap is removed. Nice job man.
+1 I too am looking for a conservative drop and this looks perfect. In for the performance review. I like the lower ride height but not if it will make the car handle worse than stock. I'm riding on EDC on non-ZCP too.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #25
Rk-d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT3 Touring, 993 C4S, M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Also...think about the difference...Denk has a E92,and you a E90
I'm going with 12/10 MS spacers. From what I'm reading, the Pirellis are notorious for running wide and square. The PSS at stock size on Eibach should be ok (I hope). I'll update with pics when they're installed.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 02:08 PM   #26
FVM3
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i

spacer
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #27
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotk View Post
I'm going with 12/10 MS spacers. From what I'm reading, the Pirellis are notorious for running wide and square. The PSS at stock size on Eibach should be ok (I hope). I'll update with pics when they're installed.
Great approach. That'll look pretty aggressive and hopefully you'll clear the liner on those big dips. Although as it sits now, it looks damn fine.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #28
325rider
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 e90 M3 6mt

eibachs and 15/12mm spacers. Im happy will certainly hold me over till i can go with coil overs

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 09:38 PM   #29
Rk-d
Lieutenant
Rep

So I installed the MS spacers today. Completely cleaned off the hub with a wire cup wheel and scotchbrite pad. Mounted the wheels with a torque wrench using a star pattern. It took about 2 hours to do. Also installed IND painted reflectors while I was at it.

The difference is subtle, but definitely improved. The rear wheels don't look sunken, as before. The front wheels fill out the well a little better. I definitely wouldn't do spacers without a drop - I'm positive it would accentuate the gap on the stock suspension.

I haven't had a lot of chance to drive it yet. Turn in seems faster and the steering seems more immediate. It's a touch more sensitive. Feedback is higher and the car feels a bit more alive. (This is not all good though. I drove the car at 80 on the interstate - there's a section of this road that always sends a light shimmy to through the wheels. With the spacers, this shimmy is much more amplified. When the road is smooth the car is rock solid. I'll have to give it some more time driving to see how I like it on a variety of roads - not to mention after alignment.)*

So far the Eibachs have been good. No bottoming and, oddly, the car is a little more composed over rough roads. The handling is basically unchanged from stock - I'm not able to test the limits legally, so unless you are on a track, the springs don't appreciably degrade handling on the street.

EDIT: Disregard the cons above. Had the car road force balanced and aligned. It drives perfectly now with no bad vibrations. Like everyone else has said about spacers - the car has to be in meticulous shape/tune or the ride will suffer badly.

Last edited by Rk-d; 04-26-2013 at 08:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #30
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Cool beans, looks nicely dialed in! I like the Eibach setup also, especially with aftermarket wheels. Thanks for the detailed pics and review, good job!

Re: Spacer's and stock suspension, I always felt they removed a tiny bit of gap. It's a nice route to go for a slightly more aggressive stance for guys not wanting a drop. Here's mine with just spacer's before Eibachs.

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 01:53 PM   #31
Rk-d
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denk View Post
Cool beans, looks nicely dialed in! I like the Eibach setup also, especially with aftermarket wheels. Thanks for the detailed pics and review, good job!

Re: Spacer's and stock suspension, I always felt they removed a tiny bit of gap. It's a nice route to go for a slightly more aggressive stance for guys not wanting a drop. Here's mine with just spacer's before Eibachs.

I may have been wrong about that - I've noticed the suspension has settled in over the past 24 hours and the gap does look smaller with the spacer.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2017, 07:01 AM   #32
solle
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotk View Post
Just to follow up - I haven't hit the bumpstops and the handling difference is negligible. The car is stiffer and damping seems best matched in Sport EDC mode, as opposed to Comfort. Overall ride comfort is very stock feeling. Incidentally, I went with OEM bumpstops and not the e36 ones, after mulling it over for a few days before the install.

These cars looks so much better with a subtle drop - anyone on the fence should go for it.
Now this was 4years ago lol.. But do you remember if you trimmed the strut guides (as referened to the thread "E92 M3 ZCP Lowering Springs. WRITE UP INSIDE")?

Im owning a e90 aswell and going to change for lowering springs. Would you go with the e36 bumpstops if you could?
Appreciate 0