BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

01-01-2010, 05:06 AM   #1
Vaheb
Crunkster
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: many

Interior color

I'm about to order a M3 and i'm not sure exactly what interior color I want.

I'm probably going with Jerez Black or Space Gray..but interior is more of an issue.

I've never really seen the Fox Red in real life but from pics it looks like its a bit orange-ish..is it really like that?

And lets say I would stick to black, is there a huge difference between the stock one and the novillo black?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2010, 07:43 AM   #2
djMpower
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 SSII F82 ZCP

Just go to a dealer and check them out. It's a big purchase; it should be worth a few minutes of your time.

To answer the first question, it's a bit darker in real life. Definitely a nice shade of red in my opinion.

As far as the difference between standard and novillo leather, your butt and hands will have to make that decision. Novillo is more supple and of a higher quality. Much like any other premium product.

But like I said, you're not gonna get a great answer from a forum. It's best to go check them out from yourself. We have like a dozen dealers in the LA area. It shouldn't be that hard.
      01-01-2010, 08:53 AM   #3
BMWxM
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 AW/BB DCT '10

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
I had silverstone on the e90, and really liked it. BUt its gets a little overwhelming. As far as fox red, FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN it doesn't wear well. I saw the bamboo beige with the extended leather!! and thought it looked great. Thats what i ordered on the e92!!

----2008 SSII e90 M3 6MT-----GONE
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2010, 11:43 AM   #4
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWxM View Post
I had silverstone on the e90, and really liked it. BUt its gets a little overwhelming. As far as fox red, FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN it doesn't wear well. I saw the bamboo beige with the extended leather!! and thought it looked great. Thats what i ordered on the e92!!
Why do you say Fox Red doesn't wear well? The leather is the same regardless of color as I believe is the dying process, is it simply that it captures dirt, etc.? I would think that beige and silver would be even worse. Just curious because the auto show cars I've seen with Fox Red seemed to be holding up to that tough usage. I just got Fox Red and with my experience dealing with perforated Nasca on my 550i I suspect it's going to be way easier. Of course it helps that no one rides in my car except me and I don't eat in my car.

TIA
      01-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #5
boynbeagle7
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG E92 M3

Fox red has grown on me but it does look a bit orange when you first look at it
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2010, 02:27 PM   #6
domobrown
Banned
Austria
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5 S-Tronic

You can never go wrong with black, but I'd say Fox Red.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #7
10M3MAN
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Nissan Altima SER

FR FTMFW
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2010, 05:27 PM   #8
carri0n m3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 x5M

fox red is awesome; it looks a little brown=ish imo but after 7k miles, absolutely love it
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2010, 05:37 PM   #9
autospiel
BMW CCA Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F10 diesel

Fox Red for sure -- adds some spice to the interior plain ol' black just doesn't do. My 335 had Coral Red interior (less orange, a touch more purple/pink) and I loved it -- never tired of the color-contrasting. I was going with FR till I changed my exterior paint color (Silver was better-coordinated with the paint color I chose).
      01-01-2010, 10:31 PM   #10
Vaheb
Crunkster
Lebanon
Rep

Made my mind up..

Probably getting Le Mans Blue and black interior. The red interior would make it look too superman-like.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2010, 01:18 AM   #11
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Rakete View Post
Why do you say Fox Red doesn't wear well? The leather is the same regardless of color as I believe is the dying process, is it simply that it captures dirt, etc.? I would think that beige and silver would be even worse. Just curious because the auto show cars I've seen with Fox Red seemed to be holding up to that tough usage. I just got Fox Red and with my experience dealing with perforated Nasca on my 550i I suspect it's going to be way easier. Of course it helps that no one rides in my car except me and I don't eat in my car.

TIA
i have extended fox red on jet black...and think it really helps the otherwise dull interior, i also went for titanium trim, cause i like contrast and a bit of color in my cabins.

regarding the wear factor: i wouldnt say that it wears quicker than other leathers - ie tears or wrinkles or saggs...which it does and i am gentle, and have had leatheriques it and have had it properly detailed before.

but it does change colors easier: ie transfer of dyes or something. my driver's seat is noticeably darker than all the others, as i am alone 90% of the time.

so be prepared for that.
i had it professionally detailed and it is practically back to normal now, but just keep in mind , that good leather details will be necessary a few times a year to keep it from darkening...

if all your seats were to darken together i suppose it wouldnt look bad, but in my case, the center of the drivers seat was nearing brown, and the rest fox red.

its a great color, cool on space grey too.
it was my number one criteria after m drive.

Last edited by niqui; 01-02-2010 at 01:19 AM.. Reason: pointless post i guess, since uve decided.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2010, 11:53 AM   #12
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by niqui View Post
i have extended fox red on jet black...and think it really helps the otherwise dull interior, i also went for titanium trim, cause i like contrast and a bit of color in my cabins.

regarding the wear factor: i wouldnt say that it wears quicker than other leathers - ie tears or wrinkles or saggs...which it does and i am gentle, and have had leatheriques it and have had it properly detailed before.

but it does change colors easier: ie transfer of dyes or something. my driver's seat is noticeably darker than all the others, as i am alone 90% of the time.

so be prepared for that.
i had it professionally detailed and it is practically back to normal now, but just keep in mind , that good leather details will be necessary a few times a year to keep it from darkening...

if all your seats were to darken together i suppose it wouldnt look bad, but in my case, the center of the drivers seat was nearing brown, and the rest fox red.

its a great color, cool on space grey too.
it was my number one criteria after m drive.
Sounds like the damp cloth every couple of months and a proper cleaning (Spinneybeck or Leatherique) once a year should do it. Doing this even on black leather, which might appear clean, will bring up all kinds of dirt. Thanks.
      01-02-2010, 05:51 PM   #13
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaheb View Post
Made my mind up..

Probably getting Le Mans Blue and black interior. The red interior would make it look too superman-like.
Nothing better than driving E9X Le Mans Blue M3, and eating Kenefeh . Yil3an 3ardak. Ask me. I personally like the JzB with Fox red. But the Le Mans is not bad.
I wonder what this car feels like driving it in Beirut.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2010, 09:39 PM   #14
Vaheb
Crunkster
Lebanon
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatrach73 View Post
Nothing better than driving E9X Le Mans Blue M3, and eating Kenefeh . Yil3an 3ardak. Ask me. I personally like the JzB with Fox red. But the Le Mans is not bad.
I wonder what this car feels like driving it in Beirut.
Haha I wish I drove it in Beirut, that would be insane. Police don't give a damn about anything.

But sadly, I live in LA haha.

I like the JzB too, the very very dark blue is a nice feel..but all my past cars have been black and its time for a change and I saw Le Mans as the perfect choice for me.

Also Kenefeh sounds too good right now
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2010, 08:06 PM   #15
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaheb View Post
Haha I wish I drove it in Beirut, that would be insane. Police don't give a damn about anything.

But sadly, I live in LA haha.

I like the JzB too, the very very dark blue is a nice feel..but all my past cars have been black and its time for a change and I saw Le Mans as the perfect choice for me.

Also Kenefeh sounds too good right now
i am getting hungry too, even though I am sick as a dog.
So Le Man it is? I was going to purchase E92 335 Le Mans. But had an unfortunate event (my old jetta began to die on me). So, waiting to finish my nursing school in June, and buy a slightly used M3.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 02:21 AM   #16
Vaheb
Crunkster
Lebanon
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatrach73 View Post
i am getting hungry too, even though I am sick as a dog.
So Le Man it is? I was going to purchase E92 335 Le Mans. But had an unfortunate event (my old jetta began to die on me). So, waiting to finish my nursing school in June, and buy a slightly used M3.
Yep, im going with the Le Mans. I'm going to order it for march/april production so I can get the LCI.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #17
Krozi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 ///M3 Alpine White

Silver Grey on Fox Red is HAWT!

2008 E92 ///M3 Alpine White//Fox Red//6MT//
Florida Bimmer - Join us on FaceBook!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 04:39 PM   #18
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
someone asked if there is a HP gain, and I can say this with confident: "Read my lips, no HP gain".

PS> SeaSweet sounds good
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2010, 03:05 AM   #19
defm
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: E93 330i

fox red

I was called today by BMW in Costa Rica and they said I could finally order my 2011 M3 with ZCP . My first choice was SG with Fox red, carbon leather, M-DCT,and ZCP but now there is a Low posibility of getting Frozen Gray and I have seen Mark'M rust brown interior and I'm having second thoughts about this last color combined with black exterior. Sill fox red is a gorgeous color . It is sporty yet somehow elegant . Take a look at the following threads http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75751
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145333, go to your dealer and see the color several times. The more you see it I bet the more you'll like it and ask for a photoshop of any other option you could like. I already made the downpayment and my car is scheduled for april production and late june deliver
Remember, this is your M3 , go with what you like, appreciate anybody else's positive, helpfull opinions and disregard the rest .
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2010, 05:28 AM   #20
CATCH_M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Don't discount speed cloth! I have it and it looks/feels great . Especially in Canada where it gets super cold in the winter. (/In Costa Rica where I imagine it gets super hot)

I am getting the shifter/ebrake boot/armrest/steering wheel wrapped in alcantara to complete the look.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2010, 09:15 AM   #21
Dieselino
Captain
Rep
Drives: 03 LSB M3 06 M coupe 08 M3 SG

Isma mineh, Fox Red is gorgeous looks much better in person. The color is more terracota then Red but I always get compliments on. I have it with Space grey, but if you dont get black you have to get extended, just doesnt look right without extended. Really do you wish to drive it in beirut? the roads are crap and everyone drives crazy, rubbing is racing over there LOL.
Appreciate 0