BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Mporium BMW

04-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #1
325rider
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 e90 M3 6mt

Tire mounting/balancing and TPMS rebuild

Where in miami can I go? Dealer charged me $57 to mount and balance one tire. Not cool.

I need to get TPMS installed on aftermarket wheels, Id like to go to the most competent of tire shops anywhere in MIami or SOFLA. Will drive.
Please help me as there are so many low grade tire shops I cannot identify who will be top quality
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
M3amigos
HP addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Jerez Black E93 6MT

I've always taken my cars to discount tire. They have a lot of experience with aftermarket wheels and usually do a great job. They have a bunch of locations in Cent. FL, not sure about miami area.
      04-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #3
325rider
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 e90 M3 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3amigos View Post
I've always taken my cars to discount tire. They have a lot of experience with aftermarket wheels and usually do a great job. They have a bunch of locations in Cent. FL, not sure about miami area.
Yea Im actually bummed about that. They offer the best tire warranty I've ever heard of and in the past 2 months living in miami I've replaced THREE Michelen PS2s and ONE front tire. I spent 1 months paycheck practically on tires and I'm fed up. Maybe it would be worth the drive to take my wheels up there, have them install the TPMS, and buy the tires/warranty.
my MAIN concern is that the wheels won't accept OEM TPMS and I'm shit of out of luck. Maybe they could just install a brand that works or an adaptor? I suppose contacting them may be the best idea here...
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #4
M3amigos
HP addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Jerez Black E93 6MT

Check the tire rack website, they are partnered with various tire shops around the country, they may have a recommendation for your area.