BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-18-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
IPvFletch
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Charger SRT8

Is this a good deal??

2008 E90 M3 Sedan
Jerez Black
6MT Transmission
Premium Pkg (folding mirrors, garage door, digital compass, bmw assist)
Electronic Damping Control for the Shocks
Carbon Leather interior trim
Novilla Leather Black interior
Mooroof
19" Forged wheels
iPod+USB adapter

It only has 17K miles on it and it's almost 3 years old. Hardly used IMHO.. Or maybe it was a 100% track car dohhhhh!!

The dealer sold it NEW and has bought it back and has it for sale used. It just came in but they are doing CPO on it. I *COULD* get the CPO cancelled/deferred and save $3500 (worth it? might just get it with CPO I dunno)

They're asking $52,900 but I'm hoping to negotiate that. There's usually some wiggle room in ANY dealer pricing.

I'm trading in something worth around $25K but I doubt I'll get that much. I really like the sales guy - probably the only one I've ever liked to be honest with you. VERY straight and to the point!

I'm not sure what's it's missing that is a deal-breaker for me. I don't think it has flip-down seats which seems like a deal-breaker but when's the last time I did that in my current car, ya know?

The premium audio pkg, nahh... Competition pkg, nahh... It has keyless and I will get an alarm for it, so that is good.

Oh it doesn't have NAV but he sold me on using my smartphone (which I already do in my gps-enabled car today anyways).

The only other deal breaker I can think of is Jerez black. He talked me into it but I feel like I really want Jet Black. Jerez doesn't look black to me. And for those folks who say it looks the same, you obviously wear glasses or have some cataract or something. I saw a Carbon Black M5 pic tonight on the Internet and could tell it had blue in it from a mile away. It looked terrible I recall because the wheels were matte black. VERY OBVIOUSLY DIFFERENT HUE!!

Anyways, assuming I can get over the Jerez Black bit (I will just powdercoat my wheels Jerez Black too I guess oh man really)...

What do you guy think about it? Warranty is good for another 15 months and CPO makes that 39 months..

Anything else I need to be aware of or check out before pulling the trigger?

Also note I'm still thinking of another car (Jeep SRT8), so my mind isn't 100% made up just yet... But I'd like to think the M3 would be more fun even though the new Jeep looks and seems to perform like it's totally off the hook..

Your thoughts?? Thanks in advance!!

ps. My inspiration:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1280592002

Last edited by IPvFletch; 07-18-2011 at 07:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

thats high i got my 08 e90 3 years ago for almost that price with every option except dct. please dont compare this car to a jeep!

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
upmba1
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 e93

I bought a fully loaded 08 Convertible from BMW with 10k miles for $54,500. Seems a bit high to me.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 07:29 PM   #4
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: .

Way too high
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #5
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

shoot for mid 40s for that car. jerez isnt black but once you have it i think you will apreciate it. its a pretty sick color.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 07:39 PM   #6
Antilag
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Mid 40's would be ideal. That seems a bit high.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 07:39 PM   #7
IPvFletch
Enlisted Member
Rep

I don't know how it will look with Jezez black and then black wheels, but I'm hoping it can still pull it off. My inspiration pic: http://www.m3post.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1280592002 - I hope I can pull this off with Jerez still!!

I know it doesn't compare to a Jeep but it's about the same price and it's an awesomely performing vehicle in it's own right, so these are the ONLY two vehicles I'm looking at as such..

I will have to do more research on the price and go in better equipped next time. I also could haggle with my trade value I suppose. Thanks for the info guys!!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 07:43 PM   #8
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

mine is jerez on black wheels i think i pull it off well
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 07:46 PM   #9
IPvFletch
Enlisted Member
Rep

Edit: Rather than upsetting anyone I will just widdle through a thousand Jerez blue pics on the thread and see if I can't find the right wheel combo which I can live with. Thanks for all the advice though guys, keep it coming!! I think you have already saved me $1K or more easily, so thanks for that!!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 07:52 PM   #10
cb4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

JZ black doesn't show well in Picts. In my opinion its the best color. So amazing when clean. Not to bad when dirty. It's not black but it's close.

I'd pay 48k max for that car with cpo.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 08:11 PM   #11
IPvFletch
Enlisted Member
Rep

Yeah I just looked at like 100 Jerez Black pics and I'm totally turned off all over again now. No offense to those owners but I just like the Jet Black color way better. Everyone has their own opinion. Just don't try to tell me that is Black cuz it's not, it is blue and it looks black in some light (I'm just mad at the dealer for not LISTENING to me)... Most everything in my life is black and red, like my clothes and even my phones, etc, so trust me, I know my blacks. I think I'm going to go check out this Jet Black E92 M3 2-door coupe tomorrow at another dealership. It's a bit cheaper ($49K) and the coupe looks way sexier, but it has a few more miles on it (26k).
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 09:29 PM   #12
haze gray
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe / 2011 X5

I have an 09 Jerez Black coupe. Wasn't 100% sold on the color at first (had Sparkling Graphite before), but the subtle changes in different light are worth it compared to Jet Black IMHO. Still like SG better.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2011, 04:43 AM   #13
2fastcars
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3

52.9k is close to what we paid for the wife's 08 M3 a few weeks ago with just under 13k. Price is up right now in the used M3 market due to supply and demand, higher than last year. Thoughts...If you decide you want Nav/technology package, you would be happier with an 09 as it was improved upon.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2011, 07:59 AM   #14
IPvFletch
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastcars View Post
52.9k is close to what we paid for the wife's 08 M3 a few weeks ago with just under 13k. Price is up right now in the used M3 market due to supply and demand, higher than last year. Thoughts...If you decide you want Nav/technology package, you would be happier with an 09 as it was improved upon.
I heard someone hating on the 08 iDrive but I never got any details. Honestly I'm a geek so I will just use my dozen or so Android/iPhone/Tablets for tech stuff, BUT isn't there something those CANNOT replicate? Anything worthwhile? Not that a beggar can be a chooser (i.e. the used E92 M3s for sale are few and far between so what's there is all I have to pick from)...
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #15
IPvFletch
Enlisted Member
Rep

Ok so I checked out another M3 today. This was an E92 Coupe which I REEEEEALLY liked WAYYYY MORE than the E90 sedan (no offense). My wife feels cramped but it's obviously different coming from a Charger or a 4Runner. The paint on this one was Jet Black and it had a lot of swirl marks but so many you almost didn't even see any of them, and from 5 feet away it just looks clean and crisp. No blue hue either since it is "Jet Black"..

Wheels were like a dark charcoal color. I thought they were bright finished aluminum?? They are the forged 19s with the M logo but they looked much darker than I thought. Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyways, it was:

2008 E92 M3
26K miles
Premium Pkg
Extended Novilla Leather
Carbon Leather Int Trim
HD + Satellite Radio (not that I care)
Nav, iPod adapter, etc..
EDC
Retractable rear sunshade
Moonroof (not CF not that I care really)
Parking control
BMW Assist

They are asking $49,900K. I think if it checks out at a local inspector, and nothing else comes through (like my Jeep) and I can get what I hope/want for my Charger, then I will pull the trigger here.. Still kind of hoping the (NEW) Jeep comes through but losing faith every day and can't hold out much longer with all the pricing drama BS going on over there...

Anyways, what'cha think??

Last edited by IPvFletch; 07-19-2011 at 05:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2011, 11:08 PM   #16
IPvFletch
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hey everyone, my wife thinks I should get the sedan not the coupe. Any ideas on how I can help sell her on this??

We test drove a coupe today and played around with getting in/out of the back a lot. My 7-yr old daughter did too. It's a little work to get in/out, moreso if you have in-law senior citizens, etc.. I dunno, the sedan just doesn't cut it for me though. I'm trying to find some cool pics to sell me on it but I'm totally wanting an E92 coupe instead, and plan to put a carbon lip on it for sure!
Appreciate 0