BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

01-20-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

Lexus IS-F test event at Homestead jan 27

so i just registered for a free autocross event where you get to drive a Lexus IS-F... i want to see how it compares to my E90 M. best part is, its FREE! and soem people get put in a raffle or something to do hot laps with scott pruett in the LF-A

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sout...7-january.html
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 06:12 PM   #2
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep

Patterned on a similar event held in Fontana, California in November 2009 (see http://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-o...alifornia.html ), this is an exclusive opportunity to experience the dynamic handling and performance of Lexus F Performance vehicles – including the IS F, and F-Sport-equipped IS, IS C and GS models. More notably, the winningest American professional sports car race driver ever, Scott Pruett will take a few select enthusiasts on the ride of their lives as he drives the pinnacle of Japanese automotive achievement, the Lexus LFA on hot laps on the track. The new LFA boasts a 4.8-liter, 552 hp V10 engine and lightweight carbon fiber chassis that rockets to 60 mph in just 3.6 seconds and tops out at over 200 mph!

Lexus invites you to take advantage of this one-day opportunity to experience Lexus IS F and F-Sport vehicles on a custom autocross course at Homestead-Miami Speedway at One Speedway Boulevard in Homestead, Florida on Wednesday 27 January 2010. The event will run from 8 AM to 1 PM, but you must register for one of the 8 available sessions, which start every 30 minutes. The first session starts promptly at 8 AM, the second at 8:30 AM and so on until the final session that starts at 11:30 AM. All participating drivers must be 18 years of age or older with a valid U.S. Driver’s License, and may register one guest.

All registered guests present on the day of the event are eligible to win a hot lap with Scott Pruett driving the all-new F Performance flagship, the breathtakingly fast LFA. Winners will be chosen at random from each session, and actual odds of winning are dependent on the total number of session attendees.

To reserve your space for one of the 8 available sessions, visit http://lexusf-eventinsider.com/ .
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 10:31 AM   #3
mike33176
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Jerez/ Black, E90 M3

I just did a post on this in the track/autocross section and I didn't see this post. I didn't see your car there, I had the only M3 there at the time. I was in the 1st group @ 8am. Did you go? What did you think? The LFA is Amazing, I won a ride. Here's my review.

I just came back from this event. This was the program; They gave us a 10 min classroom about the F Performance line of products and then let us loose on the Auto-cross course. The purpose was to drive their stock IS 350 and GS 350 and then try the performance upgrades on the same car along with a IS350 C with the performance package. And then you got to drive the IS-F. This was a lot of fun, of course the mods made a HUGE difference. I'll tell you, the exhaust on the IS-350 with the Lexus exhaust sounded great. The IS-F was impressive off of the line , the brakes were good, but it pushed like a pig. And, in my opinion, it's not a good looking car. This whole experience made me realize 100% that I made the right decision on the M3. It's just a MUCH better driving experience.
On the other hand, I did win one of the rides in the LFA with Scott Pruett. I can say this, HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That car is AMAZING, the engine note sounds incredible when it revs up to 9K. We did 1 Hot lap on the oval and one on the road course. We hit 172 MPH before he hit the brakes going into turn one. The Carbon Ceramic Brakes would have thrown me thru the windshiled if it wasn't for the seat belts. Fantastic car but, worth $375k, I don't know about that.
On a footnote, I did ask him why he was still doing Lexus events since Ganassi is now running BMW power, his answer was, if you could had the opportunity to do this , wouldn't you? A VERY fun way to spend a Wed morning.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 03:49 PM   #4
Labrada_Exoticz
Subscribed
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

^ Hey Mike its Reggy, I was the one with the white Suburban after the event with the 2 other guys..

Event was great, LFA was amazing
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 03:55 PM   #5
mike33176
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Jerez/ Black, E90 M3

Hey Reggy, I went back after lunch and spoke to Scott and he arranged a ride for me.Wasn't supposed to but, he gave me a winning sticker that was reserved for someone, if he wanted to use it. Very Cool!

Last edited by mike33176; 01-27-2010 at 04:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #6
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike33176 View Post
On the other hand, I did win one of the rides in the LFA with Scott Pruett. I can say this, HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That car is AMAZING, the engine note sounds incredible when it revs up to 9K. We did 1 Hot lap on the oval and one on the road course. We hit 172 MPH before he hit the brakes going into turn one. The Carbon Ceramic Brakes would have thrown me thru the windshiled if it wasn't for the seat belts. Fantastic car but, worth $375k, I don't know about that.
It revs from idle to 9500 rpm (yes, rev limit is exactly 9500 rpm) in 0.6 seconds only.

God I love the LF-A sound. Just unbelievably amazing. When I first said LF-A was astonishing on this board, many BMW owners were laughing at me. Lexus has created some of the most sterile and boring cars on earth that no one takes them seriously. I never considered an IS350 when I got my 330 CI despite the IS being only a tad more expensive, but man when the came out with the LF-A, they came out with a Nagasaki sized bang! It backs it up with Nurburgring endurance race wins. It is definitely the best new supercar overall.

- Lamborghini on turbocharging
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 04:47 PM   #7
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep

i was there at 1130 and i saw a red M3 with AA exhaust
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 11:35 AM   #8
Labrada_Exoticz
Subscribed
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike33176 View Post
Hey Reggy, I went back after lunch and spoke to Scott and he arranged a ride for me.Wasn't supposed to but, he gave me a winning sticker that was reserved for someone, if he wanted to use it. Very Cool!
Nicee! Thats great!
Appreciate 0