BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

09-26-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
Sully1Time
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18' MR440i

Garage List
I cant believe they would sell this car without M mode, thank you Mike Benvo!

Just Had Mike do the MDM retrofit, Tune & code my M3. All i can say is why would BMW even offer this car without MDM? Needless to say but what a diiference this makes!

Operating system now 240e not sure of the benefits but i like to be up to date!

As for the tune, holy shit my car now has tons of midrange and sounds a bit more evil then it did before! runs like a raped ape Mike might as well of wore a lab jacket as he dug into my tune like a scientist!

Throttle response even in Sport+ is completely manageable now where before in just sport it was so twitchy made it hard to drive smoothly.

and then the coding, what a dream it is to not have all the warnings every time i get in it! Seatbelt warning gone, Idrive warning gone, key in ignition only chimes 5 times then stops.

I did so much coding i dont know where to begin to tell you about it.

Euro MDM is how this car should come from the factory, before with DSC on and it shuts the party down before it begins, DSC off and the party boils over before the real fun starts, now with Euro MDM it gets just enough out of hand and DSC barely steps in to keep it all in check and i mean barely. I can now get the rear to step out just enough to point the nose into the turn and power stays on like you would want.

6MT launch control, Set mine at 3500rpm as mike recommended, wow is all i can say. Effortless launches like I'm John Force

Efficient dynamics display, well i didn't buy an M3 to get good gas mileage, but with this info on the display and doing as it suggest, I can gaurentee i will get the most mpg possible!

Instant MPG readout, makes you realize how bad this car is on gas the lightest press on the pedal and its 10mpg, stick your foot in it and its 6mpg!

LCI coding, nothing to talk about here, but my new tail lights work without faults!

DVD in motion, the kids will love this.

Welcome light tweaks, angel eyes now snap on instead of ramp up. works as the new cars do.

Windows, Moonroof close with the lock button! Mirrors fold up too

8 shortcut buttons, never used the am/fm one anyway

Doors unlock when key is removed, no more double pull, Sweet!

Windows finish rolling up even if door is opened

Wipers finish cycle

Hazards double blink euro style

changed low fuel warning to 1/4

Overall had an very professional experience with BPMSport, not one issue and i was in and out in 5 hours including having a lunch break. (i needed one more then Mike) Mike definitely knows these cars, i would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone near or far!

1000% satisfied!!!
      09-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
So glad to hear about your good experience with us! We're happy to add you as another of our valued clients! Thanks again!!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #3
ilya335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Good choice of coding and tuning features. I agree that the tune does wonders for the car in the low and mid end. I don't think I need to even mention what goes on in the top end
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
oldmarco
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Nice, Mike does great work!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 03:05 PM   #5
Sully1Time
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
So glad to hear about your good experience with us! We're happy to add you as another of our valued clients! Thanks again!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya335 View Post
Good choice of coding and tuning features. I agree that the tune does wonders for the car in the low and mid end. I don't think I need to even mention what goes on in the top end
for sure, all the way thru the rev band its night and day better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip@McKennaPerformance View Post
Nice, Mike does great work!
Absolutely!

Forgot to mention I opted for a 4500rpm limit when cold, it gradually climbs up as the oil temp goes up!! full rev limit is not available til at least 180˚
      09-28-2012, 10:56 PM   #6
HeartMD
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 MW,ZCP E92

Sorry for the dumb question, but what exactly is 6mt launch control? Does this mean that via the new coding you can floor the throttle and it will max out at 3500 RPM before you drop the clutch?
2011.75 E92 MW/BB extended,ZCP,ZP2,ZCV, IPOD,BMW APPS, Heatedseats,6MT, Edition Black Chrome Grills & Side Gills, CF splitters, CF performance spoiler, CF mirror caps, Turner black anodized pedals, Akropovic Evolution exhaust w/CF tips, Still Undecided on tune, AFE Pro5r, AFE intake scoops, LUX H8
2009 E92 JB/Black 335 xdrive (retired)
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 11:03 PM   #7
Sully1Time
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartMD View Post
Sorry for the dumb question, but what exactly is 6mt launch control? Does this mean that via the new coding you can floor the throttle and it will max out at 3500 RPM before you drop the clutch?
Exactly, mash it to the floor and it will sit at 3500rpm or where ever you want & as soon as you hit 1 mph it removes the rpm limit.