BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

EXXEL Distributions

12-27-2013, 05:00 PM   #1
quackman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M3 6mt

Rudtner's Racing Group in Freeport: Great first repair experience there

On Christmas Day I was driving a friend back home to Queens when *poof* "Engine Malfunction--Reduced Power" errors came up on the idrive. Right away I worried that it would be the 2nd "throttle valve actuator." I was about to bring my M3 to a dealership to see what's up.... but the dealership wasn't able to get me an appointment until almost a week later, not to mention the huge bill I got from the dealer during the summer for the 1st actuator's going sour. Since being out of warranty, I decided to try out an independent shop. I immediately looked on here for suggestions and checked the stickied recommended shops thread. I called up Rudtner's first thing in the morning today and lo and behold they were able to have me come in immediately
Bill over at Rudtner's not only had my car diagnosed nice and quickly (unfortunately it was the other bank's throttle valve actuator), but proceeded to get the part, again immediately, and they began to replace it. After just a couple of hours waiting, my car was ready and I was good to go. When I had the dealership replace the first one over the summer it took them two days to get my car back. This place took barely three hours total. In addition to their quick, attentive work, the people are great: very friendly owner and receptionist who showed me around the shop. I was informed about my car's upcoming services due, given a great deal on costs, and treated very nicely. I'm done with dealers AND I've found my new shop for service and repairs: Rudtner's Racing Group in Freeport!
http://www.rudtnersracing.com/index2.php

Sidenote: I hate the throttle valve actuator problems on this car... My first one went at only 35k miles, and now the other one at not even 38k miles. I know I've got an old 2008 model, but most people I've read about don't need to replace their actuators until after 60k. I've never even tracked my car, so it hasn't been driven overly hard.... Is there preventative maintenance that could have prevented this perhaps-premature fault?