BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

03-15-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
happos2
Dingleberries
Rep
Drives: Gray E92 M3

Tune - BPM - Happy

So I finally pulled the trigger and got the M tuned (2008 E92 52k miles, stock + AFE filter). I thought I wouldn't modify this car, turns out I was just kidding myself per usual. Anyways, I chose the BPM tune after reading the good reviews and used the group buy as a reason to pull the trigger now. I bought the stage II tune knowing test pipes would be in the near future.

I received my tuning cable in prompt fashion, and Mike even tried to get me tuned in the same day as the cable arriving at my doorstep. I was lame that night a fell asleep before he could reach me. Next day (today), Mike and I completed the tune (though I had a really crappy computer and Mike was very patient with me and I wasted probably an hour of his time with my own computer problems). This just gave me an impression he is of good character and sounds like a standup guy.

As for the tune, the car runs smoother, throttle response is much better, and the butt dyno (I would say 300 gauge r&r) says the V8 has a few more ponies in it. No I don't have a dyno to prove out numbers, but all that matters is how I feel and I like it! The exhaust has a little extra rumble as well (could be because it was finally 50 degrees out and finally rolled down my windows with out freezing!!)

So with all that, I would do this experience all over again (and will when I get the test pipes). I would like to also plug "THE TECH" for answering numerous questions for me no matter how dumb they were (though not as dumb as some of the new threads starting in the general forum). Thank you Mike for a great experience and I am looking forward for the stage II portion of the tune when the test pipes arrive!
Appreciate 0