BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

08-20-2010, 02:49 AM   #1
Schmoman
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Ahhh the Open Desert Road (very inviting pic)

So, I took the I-15 from San Diego to Vegas... what a BORING ride. So, to liven it up a little bit on the way back, I went south and took a better route; us route 95 over the hoover dam, 93, and then south on some back country roads eventually ending up on 8 west. Well, I ended up on hundreds of miles of roads like this (below). I saw a car maybe every 10 minutes. The traffic was light because of a dust storm that caught up with me (sad to say there's a bunch of microscopic pits on my windshield now, but thank god I had the venture shield.)

Doesn't this pic look inviting? I'm proud to say that there were a few twisties along the way Kinda makes you appreciate the size and splendor of our amazing country.

I stopped in the middle of the desert to take a pee. On the way back, I saw my m3 against the backdrop of the open Arizona desert... would have been a beautiful pic. I'm kicking myself for not taking it
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2010, 03:36 AM   #2
M3Fool
Loves FFDP
Germany
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 SOLD 11 5.0 'Stang

Nice........ a more interesting pic though would have been of you taking a pee on the back tire.... with the Arizona desert in the back ground. Surely would have started a 65 page thread. J/K I am from Reno and I am very familiar with these roads to and from Vegas. But the scarcity of Gas stations along the routes..... really makes you reconsider wasting the fuel for a few minutes of speed.
      08-20-2010, 05:06 AM   #3
Rshane
M-Flight Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

I used to drive that road all the time going from Vegas to Phoenix. That is some boring driving IMO, especially the section between the Dam and Kingman.

2015 Audi S4 Prestige, Brilliant Black S-tronic
2012 Le Mans Blue 135i M Pkg DCT
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2010, 07:18 PM   #4
xxxryno
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Pee?
Appreciate 0