BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

EXXEL Distributions

01-10-2015, 09:56 PM   #23
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
That thing looks amazing! Yeah I'd to see more pictures too.

Congrats!
2017 F55 Mini Cooper S
2015 F22 BMW M235i
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 07:27 AM   #24
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar

Hey man, congrats. Luv the performance package trim. The rims and the Recaro seats look really good.
I am really jealous. We have a monopolized dealership here in the uae So I had no choice but to order it from them as it more safer then importing one from USA via third party. I paid a booking fee of 1300$ back in Sept end 2014 for a mustang with guard v8 gt premium AT but I really wanted race red. The wait was already too long (march2015) as i dunno why they are releasing it so late. For crying out loud, didnt they assemble a freaking mustang on top of burj khalifa dubai. AND now the salesman informed me, I can have race red in April 2015 but I have to wait.
So looking at ur car real life pics, the color guard doesn't look that bad. I think I will go back to him and say march it is.

Ps, don't flame me for not buying a manual. I want to use this car more as a gt rather then racer. Even though manual would be fun but I need to be relaxed. The traffic is really bad over here.

Anyway, God bless u and all the best with ur amazing car. And keep us updated with ur mods.
      01-11-2015, 07:30 AM   #25
J_Vang
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F30 335i M Sport

That paint is dope!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 08:59 AM   #26
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End View Post
She arrived at the dealership yesterday so I decided to take a quick peak.

Sale will be finalized on Monday, I'm just trying to sell my E92 335i privately before resorting to CarMax as a last result.

This car is absolutely GORGEOUS. I could not be happier with how everything was specced out. The paint is amazing.

Congrats man you did very well!!

Please pop the hood up and take some pics. Also wheels/brakes, interior and exterior pics when you get a chance.

Mustang is an amazing value no question about it just like C7 and I expect they will sell a lot of them. Hope they are reliable.

Enjoy!!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 12:45 PM   #27
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBI_agent
Hey man, congrats. Luv the performance package trim. The rims and the Recaro seats look really good.
I am really jealous. We have a monopolized dealership here in the uae So I had no choice but to order it from them as it more safer then importing one from USA via third party. I paid a booking fee of 1300$ back in Sept end 2014 for a mustang with guard v8 gt premium AT but I really wanted race red. The wait was already too long (march2015) as i dunno why they are releasing it so late. For crying out loud, didnt they assemble a freaking mustang on top of burj khalifa dubai. AND now the salesman informed me, I can have race red in April 2015 but I have to wait.
So looking at ur car real life pics, the color guard doesn't look that bad. I think I will go back to him and say march it is.

Ps, don't flame me for not buying a manual. I want to use this car more as a gt rather then racer. Even though manual would be fun but I need to be relaxed. The traffic is really bad over here.

Anyway, God bless u and all the best with ur amazing car. And keep us updated with ur mods.
Awesome! You'll be pleased either way. If you're getting an auto, I'm just going to suggest that you hold out for a year or two if you can bear the wait.

One, Ford is going to introduce a new infotainment system for the MY16 Mustangs. I'm sure it'll be much better than my car's MyFordTouch (more efficient, pinch to zoom, compatibility with Apple's CarPlay). And two, they should be introducing a new auto trans in the near-ish future which is rumored to have eight to ten speeds. I've test driven an auto Mustang; the transmission isn't bad, but it's not competitive with modern performance offerings (e.g. ZF8, DCTs, MCT, etc.). In fact, the 6AT's attributes are near identical to the E9X 335i's ZF6, to give you a frame of reference.

Thanks and good luck to you bud.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 12:49 PM   #28
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth 330i
Quote:
She arrived at the dealership yesterday so I decided to take a quick peak.

Sale will be finalized on Monday, I'm just trying to sell my E92 335i privately before resorting to CarMax as a last result.

This car is absolutely GORGEOUS. I could not be happier with how everything was specced out. The paint is amazing.

Congrats man you did very well!!

Please pop the hood up and take some pics. Also wheels/brakes, interior and exterior pics when you get a chance.

Mustang is an amazing value no question about it just like C7 and I expect they will sell a lot of them. Hope they are reliable.

Enjoy!!
I'd be more than happy to do so! In fact, I just bought a GoPro Hero4 and a head strap, so I'll try and give you a little walk around of those things.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 08:39 PM   #29
blackturbo
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

Those recaros look real nice... wow
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 10:11 PM   #30
E821M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M/330CI ZHP

Congrats! Love the new Stang, and love that color. Been out and about to some nearby Ford dealerships in the area to see what all they have on the lot, and this is the only color I have yet to see, which means it might be somewhat rare relative to the other colors offered. Of the colors I have seen, I really dig that Competition Orange.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 10:52 AM   #31
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Speaking of a 10-speed auto like a said earlier, Ford just revealed their new Raptor with one. Oh boy.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 03:42 AM   #32
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Awesome! You'll be pleased either way. If you're getting an auto, I'm just going to suggest that you hold out for a year or two if you can bear the wait.*

One, Ford is going to introduce a new infotainment system for the MY16 Mustangs. I'm sure it'll be much better than my car's MyFordTouch (more efficient, pinch to zoom, compatibility with Apple's CarPlay). And two, they should be introducing a new auto trans *in the near-ish future which is rumored to have eight to ten speeds. I've test driven an auto Mustang; the transmission isn't bad, but it's not competitive with modern performance offerings (e.g. ZF8, DCTs, MCT, etc.). In fact, the 6AT's attributes are near identical to the E9X 335i's ZF6, to give you a frame of reference.

Quote:
Speaking of a 10-speed auto like a said earlier, Ford just revealed their new Raptor with one. Oh boy.

Bro, thx for your input and advice.*

The first point about infotainment system, it doesn't bother me but I understand your concern about it. Its usually a very very important aspect for most buyers but I'm not one of them. I was never a tech savvy guy even though I tried to be one. It should have a usb port and thats all i need. lol

Secondly, *8 or 10 speed auto would have been nice but having an old tech 6 speed auto is less of a risk as its been trialed and tested. I understand its not going to be as responsive as mct, dct,pdk etc but as you compared it to the bimmers 6 speed auto, it can't be that bad

*In addition, I have some illogical yet important reasons as well. First, I always wanted a 1st year model aka completely revamped model. Its been like a dream for me. I know its a risk as I have heard horror stories about how 1st year models are still test beds for manufacturers with customers as their experiments subjects but anyway, I'm still going ahead. For the mustang, I want to be a the manufacturers hamster as the new mustang looks so good. *

Second, the suspensions upgrade was a deal clincher for me. Live rear axle in the previous mustang was modified to its limit to be comfortable for the users but at the end of the day, it was still worse then a badly setup independent rear suspension. I would know as I have driven a almost brand new 2011 mustang . Thumbsup to ford for finally making this decision. I am no drag racer and I want my comfort thank you very much

Anyway, If God wills, I hope we all future mustang owners *enjoy great reliability,comfort and good performance. Cheers

Take care,

Obaid.
      01-14-2015, 09:24 AM   #33
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBI_agent
Quote:
Awesome! You'll be pleased either way. If you're getting an auto, I'm just going to suggest that you hold out for a year or two if you can bear the wait.*

One, Ford is going to introduce a new infotainment system for the MY16 Mustangs. I'm sure it'll be much better than my car's MyFordTouch (more efficient, pinch to zoom, compatibility with Apple's CarPlay). And two, they should be introducing a new auto trans *in the near-ish future which is rumored to have eight to ten speeds. I've test driven an auto Mustang; the transmission isn't bad, but it's not competitive with modern performance offerings (e.g. ZF8, DCTs, MCT, etc.). In fact, the 6AT's attributes are near identical to the E9X 335i's ZF6, to give you a frame of reference.

Quote:

Bro, thx for your input and advice.*

The first point about infotainment system, it doesn't bother me but I understand your concern about it. Its usually a very very important aspect for most buyers but I'm not one of them. I was never a tech savvy guy even though I tried to be one. It should have a usb port and thats all i need. lol

Secondly, *8 or 10 speed auto would have been nice but having an old tech 6 speed auto is less of a risk as its been trialed and tested. I understand its not going to be as responsive as mct, dct,pdk etc but as you compared it to the bimmers 6 speed auto, it can't be that bad

*In addition, I have some illogical yet important reasons as well. First, I always wanted a 1st year model aka completely revamped model. Its been like a dream for me. I know its a risk as I have heard horror stories about how 1st year models are still test beds for manufacturers with customers as their experiments subjects but anyway, I'm still going ahead. For the mustang, I want to be a the manufacturers hamster as the new mustang looks so good. *

Second, the suspensions upgrade was a deal clincher for me. Live rear axle in the previous mustang was modified to its limit to be comfortable for the users but at the end of the day, it was still worse then a badly setup independent rear suspension. I would know as I have driven a almost brand new 2011 mustang . Thumbsup to ford for finally making this decision. I am no drag racer and I want my comfort thank you very much

Anyway, If God wills, I hope we all future mustang owners *enjoy great reliability,comfort and good performance. Cheers

Take care,

Obaid.
Those are all solid points. Well happy hunting and I hope you get your car soon! I've put a little over 100 miles on mine so far.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 09:26 AM   #34
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Two shots before leaving the dealership and one shitty night pic for ya.

This is Guard in "natural" lighting, so much less teal than my original photo. I love it!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-14-2015, 09:31 AM   #35
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
definitely looks more green in sunlight.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 03:39 AM   #36
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep

looks good op.....luv the dark green color. God bless Ford
      02-11-2015, 12:56 AM   #37
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

So I've failed miserably at getting back with any kind of a real review. Here's the Reader's Digest of the past three weeks: I can't wipe the smile off of my face every time I driver her. The performance is outstanding. Suspension could use better spring and damper rates (the former more-so than the latter), so I'm waiting for a coilover set to come out. Fingers crossed for KW to step up to the plate.

I have my exhaust pre-ordered and awaiting a rough shipment ETA of 30 days. It's Corsa's "Xtreme" X-pipe catback. There's a pretty cool twist to it... there are two X crossover pipes! The sound clips are promising too; kind of like a Jag-meets-Mustang-meets-6.2L AMG. I've been looking for a sound that's less muscle-y and more euro-inspired. I think this nails it.

Listen for yourself!

Fly-bys at the 7:20 mark followed by some good fixed WOT run footage. Thoughts?

It'll come with black 4.5" tips to go with my Guard's black wheels and tint.

And now for the bad news...

Some jackass reversed his panel van into my car's nose, so the aluminum hood and fenders need replacing along with the entire front end. I'm pretty sure the damage is strictly cosmetic. In the meantime, I'm driving a stripper Jetta; this is easily one of the worst cars I've ever had the pleasure of driving. It feels like a street legal golf kart in every sense of the expression, and none of that is positive.

I can't wait to get my baby back. Should be just in time before my exhaust arrives.

To be continued...
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 10:39 AM   #38
///M ARMY
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90

it looks good. The color is going to stand out.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 11:05 AM   #39
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

I'm not that familiar with what's happening with Mustangs today. Is this a special edition?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 11:52 AM   #40
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Wonder why all the lights on the interior are different colors. Very busy.
      02-11-2015, 12:00 PM   #41
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M ARMY View Post
it looks good. The color is going to stand out.
Thanks man. The color gets tons of compliments. It's one of my favorite things about it (although I secretly wish Ford offered something like BMW's EBII ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I'm not that familiar with what's happening with Mustangs today. Is this a special edition?
Nope! Just a loaded "vanilla" GT. The lower volume models will probably make their way to showroom floors later this year, or maybe early 2016.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Wonder why all the lights on the interior are different colors. Very busy.
You can choose any color you want for the instrument cluster and gauge packs; I chose orange because I prefer that color at night for low night vision disturbance (and it reminds me of my E92 and other BMWs in that sense). Otherwise I leave everything a uniform white (or white-ish/blue) color from sunrise to sunset. That pic does look cluttered though!
Appreciate 0