BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW

08-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #177
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SICKM View Post
I dont believe all the traps you read in the magazines. Its in perfect conditions! Regardless, my point is you can buy a preowned M3 and put 20k into it and you will run with the big dogs all day long w/o spending 200-300k!
Wrong again, there are plenty of owners who have. See below...bone stock turbo S 10.67@129.8

http://www.porsche**********/content...2-World-record

Sorry but the M3 isnt that impressive with trap speeds given that with the same amount or more WHP they arent or are barely trapping what a stock 530 crank hp turbo S is.

Again, by your same token, a 30K mustang with 10K in mods will also run with the big dogs...doesnt change the fact that its a mustang, same as an M3 with 1000 hp doesnt change its still an M3. You can always buy a cheap car and make it faster than anything...

Exotics and sports cars like Porsches and Ferraris arent just about being fast...its the experience and the event of driving them that an M3 or mustang no matter how fast will never compare. Ill take driving a GT3 or 458 over a 2000 hp M3 any day because they are simply better to drive and have engines to die for.

And just to clarify, not trying to knock your M3, Ive had 4 of them, and still have an e92 m3 which I love. And furthermore, stock vs modded throws all out the window. Im far more impressed by a 530 crank hp car that traps 130 mph stock than a 550-600 WHEEL HP car that stuggles to trap the same.

Last edited by Wolfinwolfsclothing; 08-28-2013 at 03:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #178
JDM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinwolfsclothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SICKM View Post
I dont believe all the traps you read in the magazines. Its in perfect conditions! Regardless, my point is you can buy a preowned M3 and put 20k into it and you will run with the big dogs all day long w/o spending 200-300k!
Wrong again, there are plenty of owners who have. See below...bone stock turbo S 10.67@129.8

http://www.porsche**********/content...2-World-record

Sorry but the M3 isnt that impressive with trap speeds given that with the same amount or more WHP they arent or are barely trapping what a stock 530 crank hp turbo S is.

Again, by your same token, a 30K mustang with 10K in mods will also run with the big dogs...doesnt change the fact that its a mustang, same as an M3 with 1000 hp doesnt change its still an M3. You can always buy a cheap car and make it faster than anything...

Exotics and sports cars like Porsches and Ferraris arent just about being fast...its the experience and the event of driving them that an M3 or mustang no matter how fast will never compare. Ill take driving a GT3 or 458 over a 2000 hp M3 any day because they are simply better to drive and have engines to die for.

And just to clarify, not trying to knock your M3, Ive had 4 of them, and still have an e92 m3 which I love. And furthermore, stock vs modded throws all out the window. Im far more impressed by a 530 crank hp car that traps 130 mph stock than a 550-600 WHEEL HP car that stuggles to trap the same.
Different strokes for different folks. We could go all day with this. My buddy was into his turbo s for 200k and I drove it a lot. It just didn't do it for me. Now he drives a F430. The sound is intoxicating and its a cool ride. Your right about the mustang but everyone has one and they are built like shit with no refinement.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #179
M4Now!
Captain
Rep
Drives: MG / SO F83

OP, it appears you currently have an M3 and an S4? is one a garage queen?

If so, she may think that 2 garage queens is enough, so maybe explain you're just swapping one out? And I have no idea about your finances, so maybe she also thinks that she supported you on cars so far, but two including a Porsche is fiscally imprudent. So, should you show how the 911 is well within your means?

Cheers

Bye bye E93 M3 - Hello F83 M4!
Appreciate 0