BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

EXXEL Distributions

06-01-2013, 10:37 PM   #111
MAC335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Jet Black E90 335i

[QUOTE=mdosu]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw16 View Post
For those pondering why it's still for sale or thinking of buying this car...

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=844917
+2

Don't be such a scumbag. It's only $450.... This is the forums, we are supposed to help each other. Give the guy his money back. You know what you did was wrong. It's these types of actions that come back on you tenfold. Just saying.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #112
tigermack
OPN DIFF
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 10' E90 M3 6MT LB

Garage List
2010 M3  [0.00]
1995 BMW e36 325i  [7.91]
2006 BMW e90 330i  [8.34]

Autocross vids https://www.youtube.com/user/tigermack
https://www.instagram.com/tigermack
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #113
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
+1

Op, why don't you try to resolve your $450 6 month old iPhone sale dispute before you sell your $40k car on the same forum?
We don't know both sides of the story, no matter how lopsided one appears.

He has a +26 itrader rating from 26 other folks on this forum and 1 negative happens. That's reality.

By all means it should not sway anyone from not doing business with someone. Can you imagine if his +26 itrader rating were with 26 sets of $5000 wheels? Now someone brings up a petty iphone? I wouldn't even look at that 1 negative. I go for a history of good sales just like creditors when you apply for credit. They don't give a shit if you didn't pay your $100 iphone cell bill last month and have 5 cars at $50,000 a piece paid off on time with no late payments. Again just saying.

There are both sides to an iphone story.

OP bump for a clean car!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #114
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
We don't know both sides of the story, no matter how lopsided one appears.

He has a +26 itrader rating from 26 other folks on this forum and 1 negative happens. That's reality.

By all means it should not sway anyone from not doing business with someone. Can you imagine if his +26 itrader rating were with 26 sets of $5000 wheels? Now someone brings up a petty iphone? I wouldn't even look at that 1 negative. I go for a history of good sales just like creditors when you apply for credit. They don't give a shit if you didn't pay your $100 iphone cell bill last month and have 5 cars at $50,000 a piece paid off on time with no late payments. Again just saying.

There are both sides to an iphone story.

OP bump for a clean car!
totally agreed, but it's a larger issue on a forum where there is almost no recourse and the transactions are opaque. Paypal is the only recourse for bad deals over the forums and most members don't use the service which allows for recourse.

My assessment is, he involved himself with a friend who's a deadbeat. He put himself in the situation to take payment to trust his friend to send the correct product. One way or another, he's involved, and his inability to resolve the issue in 6 month is concerning on a forum marketplace, doesn't matter whether it's a $400 or $4000 item. If he really cared about reputation, he should refund the money and seek his own recourse with his friend.

Finally, he is an active member on the forum actively selling a car. he was given all the chances to explain the situation, and still not 1 peep from him, yet he logs in everyday. If he really had a 3rd side, where is the story, we're all waiting... How is this excusable?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #115
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
totally agreed, but it's a larger issue on a forum where there is almost no recourse and the transactions are opaque. Paypal is the only recourse for bad deals over the forums and most members don't use the service which allows for recourse.

My assessment is, he involved himself with a friend who's a deadbeat. He put himself in the situation to take payment to trust his friend to send the correct product. One way or another, he's involved, and his inability to resolve the issue in 6 month is concerning on a forum marketplace, doesn't matter whether it's a $400 or $4000 item. If he really cared about reputation, he should refund the money and seek his own recourse with his friend.

Finally, he is an active member on the forum actively selling a car. he was given all the chances to explain the situation, and still not 1 peep from him, yet he logs in everyday. If he really had a 3rd side, where is the story, we're all waiting... How is this excusable?
You are correct.

I am just going at face value of this thread and do not know any specifics. I am a non-interested party reading this thread and glanced at the other and didn't dig in due to his outstanding itrader rating here.

I agree, he should clear it up but for potential buyers of his car, a 1 negative itrader rating with a couple dozen positives shouldn't sway anyone from a good car.

Now let me go read the other thread in its entirety.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #116
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
You are correct.

I am just going at face value of this thread and do not know any specifics. I am a non-interested party reading this thread and glanced at the other and didn't dig in due to his outstanding itrader rating here.

I agree, he should clear it up but for potential buyers of his car, a 1 negative itrader rating with a couple dozen positives shouldn't sway anyone from a good car.

Now let me go read the other thread in its entirety.
yeah, and based on what I read, that was my assessment. I'm just trying to help out a local forum member. After all, we all look after each other....
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #117
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
yeah, and based on what I read, that was my assessment. I'm just trying to help out a local forum member. After all, we all look after each other....
Ok, just read the other thread and it also had links but I didn't goto those links but I have the same question as you guys, why the 3rd party? Other than deflecting blame, maybe he owed someone money and that was the third party? It happens. Did I read to much into this here? lol

OR there was no third party and it is actually the same person?

Still sounds a bit shady IMO.

Also, the FBI won't act on something like this. They may hand it down to the local internet crimes division if the police department is in a big city. If its like BFE Vermont, no go there.

Not much you can do but make people aware of the situation but at the same time I still have to stand by my initial saying that although a $300-$500 item is petty in the grand scheme of things this member does have 26 other folks that had a good dealing with him. It's tough. Hard call.

I probably would be doing the same thing though. I am not going to let someone walk with my money unless I know I am in the wrong.

Last edited by Endless619; 06-09-2013 at 11:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #118
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Ok, just read the other thread and it also had links but I didn't goto those links but I have the same question as you guys, why the 3rd party? Other than deflecting blame, maybe he owed someone money and that was the third party? It happens. Did I read to much into this here? lol

OR there was no third party and it is actually the same person?

Still sounds a bit shady IMO.

Also, the FBI won't act on something like this. They may hand it down to the local internet crimes division if the police department is in a big city. If its like BFE Vermont, no go there.

Not much you can do but make people aware of the situation but at the same time I still have to stand by my initial saying that although a $300-$500 item is petty in the grand scheme of things this member does have 26 other folks that had a good dealing with him. It's tough. Hard call.

I probably would be doing the same thing though. I am not going to let someone walk with my money unless I know I am in the wrong.
no, he is the 3rd party who took payment on behalf of his friend. Nothing wrong with it I suppose, just doing a friend a favor, I suppose. well, we'll let him respond....since we've already taken this thread over by now.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #119
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

This is a nice car, but personally, I wouldn't touch this with a 20 foot pole. The side story just taints it badly to me. Even if it were a third party, which is questionable, you'd this this OP would want to work it out with his compatriot, which he obviously is not.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #120
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
no, he is the 3rd party who took payment on behalf of his friend. Nothing wrong with it I suppose, just doing a friend a favor, I suppose. well, we'll let him respond....since we've already taken this thread over by now.
I didn't see that part for some reason on my small phone.

Anyway I hear you....
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #121
Chauncey.Bishop
Big girls don't cry.
India
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu
Don't be such a scumbag. It's only $450.... This is the forums, we are supposed to help each other. Give the guy his money back. You know what you did was wrong. It's these types of actions that come back on you tenfold. Just saying.
Yes, thank you.
Quote:

In defense to my credibility: I know I do not have a large presence on this forum, but I've have over 200 transactions between e46fanatics and m3forum, over 60 transactions between Honda-Tech.com, and B20vtec.com, and approximately 70 feedbacks on eBay.

M3Forum.net iTrader feedback left for me (~40 feedbacks)
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/itrader.php?u=109168

M3Forum.net iTrader feedback I have left for others (~90 feedbacks)
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/itrad...?u=109168&iv=4

E46fanatics.com iTrader feedbacks left for me (~10 feedbacks)
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/itrader.php?u=149846

E46fanatics.com iTrader feedback I have left for others (~75 feedbacks)
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/itrader.php?u=149846&iv=4

Quote:
This is the part that bugs me the most!
      06-11-2013, 02:27 PM   #122
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLuSioNz X View Post
Yes, thank you.

In defense to my credibility: I know I do not have a large presence on this forum, but I've have over 200 transactions between e46fanatics and m3forum, over 60 transactions between Honda-Tech.com, and B20vtec.com, and approximately 70 feedbacks on eBay.

Good luck with everything OP. One thing is certain, this OP lost most/all credibility here. Doubt he will be selling his car here. Not to bash on him, but it is what it is.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #123
SDPRT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 Space Gray/MT

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 e92  [0.00]
TurboKanji time to speak up bud.
      06-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #124
s65e90
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 e90

Quote:
Yes, thank you.

sorry to hear man; I can vouch for you, I'm pretty sure you bought my red Status seats a few years back from M3post.

Hope you get this resolved.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #125
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Yes, thank you.

I once had a situation similar to yours, with a guy deciding he was going to hold on to the pieces I sent to him for carbon fiber overlaying, after he did the work, and after I paid him. I called his local police department and filed a theft report. I actually had a detective call me back, so I sent him all the proof I had regarding the transaction. This detective drove to this guy's shop to let him know he wasn't screwing around, and then called me the next day. He said if I didn't have my stuff back in 3 days, to call him back. My stuff arrived 2 days later.

My advice: get the police involved.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #126
Chauncey.Bishop
Big girls don't cry.
India
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by s65e90 View Post
sorry to hear man; I can vouch for you, I'm pretty sure you bought my red Status seats a few years back from M3post.

Hope you get this resolved.
Yes, that was me, thanks for the vouch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
I once had a situation similar to yours, with a guy deciding he was going to hold on to the pieces I sent to him for carbon fiber overlaying, after he did the work, and after I paid him. I called his local police department and filed a theft report. I actually had a detective call me back, so I sent him all the proof I had regarding the transaction. This detective drove to this guy's shop to let him know he wasn't screwing around, and then called me the next day. He said if I didn't have my stuff back in 3 days, to call him back. My stuff arrived 2 days later.

My advice: get the police involved.
Good idea, I'm more than willing to get the police involved. The OP has had more than enough chances to make this right, so final chance, if he does not respond to my PM by this weekend, I will be filing a theft report.

On a related note, I no longer need the phone back, I have already switched carriers and received a new phone, so would the detective push to get me my money back?
      06-28-2013, 10:24 PM   #127
tpm3off
Rep
Drives: e46 m3 vert

Hello all sorry it took so long to get in here. But hopefully to clear this nonsense up. So I didn't have to type this all over again (from an iPhone) smh.. (Copied and pasted from m3forums)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpm3off
Wow! lol john and i are scammers now?? ..not at all Op has left a lot of information in regards to this transaction out. YOUR "iPhone" has been sent out to you once again. You can continue to refuse it if you like but As i've stated to you numerous times i will not be issuing a refund. 1) I sent you pictures prior to payment being sent. 2) you knowingly purchased a USED phone 3) as u asked, I made NUMEROUS attempts to please your "pickiness" as you described it with no guarantee of a brand new phone being issued. 4) the issue with the phone was corrected 5) YOU knowingly purchased a USED phone and persistently had me continue to make attempts to get a brand new phone. 6) this is ridiculous, which goes to show you've made numerous bashing threads on different forms showing your persistence and you gave the same persistence in having me ask every apple manager in house to try get this perfectly fine phone replaced when nothing is wrong with it. 7) you could have had your phone months ago but your own persistence caused the delay in your phone being delivered. 8) I have EVERY message you sent me that show each time you asked me if there were any updates and or to try again to get another manager to try issue a new phone. 9) I drove 45mins each trip to try and accommodate your persistence and because you didn't get a brand new phone I'm the bad guy..smh 10) I advertised and sold you a "like new" used phone and now John and I are scammers because the attempts you authorized to try and get a "brand new" phone didn't work out so now u refuse delivery and want a refund. You can use your persistence to sell your phone yourself.

*****I nor John are by no means scammers and have MANY vouches on many forums with superb I trader ratings.****

Sorry for the delay in getting to this thread I have been busy with my other half, a 2yr old kid, a recent move, job promotion but be assured im not running or avoiding OP or anyone for that matter. Now I have to go to work in a few hours so its time for my nap
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 10:34 PM   #128
tpm3off
Rep
Drives: e46 m3 vert

Can we please get back on topic and let this man sell his car(tho I hate to see it go!!) any other concerns can be pm'd directly to me thanks compadres!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2013, 06:44 PM   #129
mizzotch
Registered
Rep
Drives: Subaru STi

hi, new to this forum...is the vehicle (as is, with all mods) still available??

Please PM me, assuming I can receive and then respond...thanks!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #130
DrakeKemper
Sexiest Man Alive
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Great looking car, just spent more than this trying to build a simillar one using all used parts. Great deal too.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #131
mizzotch
Registered
Rep
Drives: Subaru STi

I am interested in this car...is it still for sale, my 2nd attempt, please shoot me a PM...thanks!
Appreciate 0