BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

10-28-2008, 11:11 PM   #45
watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X5 M-Sport 45e White

Garage List
Don't worry fella's, its a long way to go before its finished with 11" of rubber on the rear, lowered etc.

The car actually gets a lot of good remarks seen live in the flesh. Remember the front of the M3 is very agressive with its wide guards, large bulge on bonnet & low stance, the back needs the same aggressive look.

The side profile now actually flows from the front to the rear, starts aggressive and finishes the same way.

MY22 X5 M-Sport 45e White, 22"rims, Red Calipers, Ceramic Pads. Better off saying what it does not have and that's a B&O Audio System, otherwise all option boxes are ticked.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 09:54 AM   #46
continentalg5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Ugh, that wing does not go with the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #47
PowerPlay3
Rep
Drives: 2004 Porsche 996 Turbo

horrible
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 06:17 PM   #48
unique
SiDeWaYz
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC kid View Post
Nice job...you now drive a shopping cart.
hahahhahaaa
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 08:33 PM   #49
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by watrob View Post
Some may not like this spoiler but I am DTMing this M3. If its good enough for DTM Merc's, Porsche, Nissan has one, BMW manufactured the same spoiler for its Club Sport e46 and nearly ever other manufacturer has something similar , then its good enough for me.
watrob, buddy, I love your car but let me just say something.

A spoiler is cool if its a functional mod. That is, it makes sense if you get some performance benefit. But here I don't think you do. Are you going to track your vert? Even if you do, will it really help?

I mean it would be almost like adding a roll-cage to your car. Or maybe putting a parachute on the back of your Mustang like as if you are John Force's funny car. Would that be ok? Just something to think about.

See, chrome exhaust tips aren't a functional mod to begin with. You already have to have exhaust tips anyway, so some people just like to make them look a little flashier.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 10:19 PM   #50
watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
watrob, buddy, I love your car but let me just say something.

A spoiler is cool if its a functional mod. That is, it makes sense if you get some performance benefit. But here I don't think you do. Are you going to track your vert? Even if you do, will it really help?

I mean it would be almost like adding a roll-cage to your car. Or maybe putting a parachute on the back of your Mustang like as if you are John Force's funny car. Would that be ok? Just something to think about.

See, chrome exhaust tips aren't a functional mod to begin with. You already have to have exhaust tips anyway, so some people just like to make them look a little flashier.
The chrome tips you speak of is a Eisenmann Race Exhaust!

The car is also getting lowered plus Forged 360 Mesh 8 all black matte (including black lip) 20" wheels and 11" of rubber (rear), tyres are Pirelli PZero's, also black matte grills and the dark tint has now also been completed. The M3 when finished will have the "Murdered" track look. The car is currently up about 35-38hp (chipped) and is running on 100 octane.

When finished this brut of a car will not only look like it goes fast, it already does go fast and sounds fast and it's a Vert at that.

And last of all it may not be your cup of tea but everyone here that see's it in the flesh wants it and to top it off it's one of a kind and I own it and you will never get to drive it.

Now I hope I was'nt to nasty.
Attached Images

MY22 X5 M-Sport 45e White, 22"rims, Red Calipers, Ceramic Pads. Better off saying what it does not have and that's a B&O Audio System, otherwise all option boxes are ticked.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 03:02 AM   #51
414AW
Private
Rep
Drives: AW E90 08' M3

Shouldn be called a "DTM" spoiler...more like KCS.....Karate Chop Spoiler!!! Everytime I see these spoilers and those big ass Supra spoilers on wtv car....I jus want to karate chop it......not feelin' the ricer type spoilers from the late 80's...jus my opinion
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 03:34 AM   #52
DC5ITR88
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

how many photos did you merge for the first image ?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 03:53 AM   #53
watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
I only use 3 images, one under, one normal, one over, 2 steps apart, 100 iso, f11, tripod. The more images the higher the combined iso the more noise. I use a good lens on Nikon. The other thing is the quality of your video card in your computer. The pictures at work look like normal photo's whereas at home on a graphics computer they are post card perfect.

So some forum members may see just a normal photo whereas other see a HDR image.

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 08:00 AM   #54
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No, its cool.

Sorry if I came off too harsh myself, just wanted to give you my honest opinion from one E93 M owner to another.

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 09:22 AM   #55
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

I guess somebody had to do it. You realize that 'stang drivers are going to challenge you everywhere?

Has it been repainted or is it just the pic? It looks more like candy apple red than melbourne. But I like it.
      10-30-2008, 09:35 AM   #56
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
Has it been repainted or is it just the pic? It looks more like candy apple red than melbourne. But I like it.
I think that's the photo-retouching ersin. And I must say that he has done a really nice job with that aspect. They are sort of reminiscient of the E90 pics that came out around the press release. Mostly B&W save for the red and white accents on the tail lights and the track (and trees, etc). Like here:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88398
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 09:43 AM   #57
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Rear wing make me wanna
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 10:32 AM   #58
Alec693
BMWholic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Equinox 1LT AWD

Garage List
Quote:
The chrome tips you speak of is a Eisenmann Race Exhaust!

The car is also getting lowered plus Forged 360 Mesh 8 all black matte (including black lip) 20" wheels and 11" of rubber (rear), tyres are Pirelli PZero's, also black matte grills and the dark tint has now also been completed. The M3 when finished will have the "Murdered" track look. The car is currently up about 35-38hp (chipped) and is running on 100 octane.

When finished this brut of a car will not only look like it goes fast, it already does go fast and sounds fast and it's a Vert at that.

And last of all it may not be your cup of tea but everyone here that see's it in the flesh wants it and to top it off it's one of a kind and I own it and you will never get to drive it.

Oh, it will look "murdered" alright, with that spoiler on it especially.

I'm sorry but it looks terrible, maybe in person it looks good but these pics do no justice, especially how you're taking these "HDR" pics, take normal pics and maybe you'll get better thoughts on this.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 11:37 AM   #59
ace996
NASA/PDA Instructor
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3

Its too small. That's right...I said it...it's too small.
The E9XM3 needs something to finish it off regarding the rear profile. Yes, a DTM wing, like the one that will be employed on the ALMS car would look great. I'm coming from an STI, so a wing doesn't scare me...but this particular wing...in red...looks small.

IMHO, the M3 really is not a balanced car when viewed from front to back. Up front, you've got the differrent front bumper, the vents onthe hood, the hood bulge, then the side "faux-vents", super sexy mirrors, then....a tini, floss-like lip on the trunk???? WTF??? The E30M and the E36M had rear wings...they matched the car well. We need something for the rear of the car to complete it.....the carbon trunks just don't do it for me. It needs a wing, I just haven't seen anything that "fits"...

To the OP...good job with having the balls to try something and I think you're on the right track.

Do us a favor and take a full profile shot of the car.

Thanks,
TomK

"Arcadian, I've fought countless times, yet I've never met an adversary who could offer me what we Spartans call "A Beautiful Death." I can only hope, with all the world's warriors gathered against us, there might be one down there who's up to the task."Μολὼν λαβέ!!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 01:23 PM   #60
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

hmm, I need to see your final car w/ the mods to justify that

Is it a functional spoiler?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 09:49 PM   #61
watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
The story behind the spoiler is:- I have a CLK AMG vert as well. AMG Antwort Germany has done some extra work on the car when I first bought the AMG, 40% locker diff, bigger axles, lowered, quad exhaust, etc.

I wanted them to install there spoiler from the DTM CLK vert on mine which is handmade for each car. They said each spoiler is numbered but as of the business I did with them they gave me the name of a German Tuner who could get it made from the same company they get it from as well.

So the spoiler has been highly designed and wind tunnel tested.

Now the interesting part, the shape on the curve of the boot, the leeward edge and the small lip indentation is the same on the M3 Boot to the CLK boot, its edges are same, the profile is the small.

So when I contacted them in Germany and ask could this be made for the M3 they said the cost would be hugh to adapt it to work and fit the M3. I told them that from my measurements and the fact each one is handmade it would only be $100 if anything at all. To there supprise they came back and said it bolts straight on and all angle were in spec.

So this Spoiler is a highly test working spoiler, I admit its not cheap. What AMG paid this company to develop it I don't know but it would have been a lot. The one on my AMG has a serial number but the one on the M3 has been covered over. The design is not far off the Club Sport BMW spoiler from the e46 days.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 10:46 AM   #62
360 FORGED
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F430 // 997TT // CLS63 // RR

WoW Robert the Vert is really coming along and I actually like the wing! I can't wait to see the set up completed!! And great pics!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 11:33 AM   #63
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3 Coupe  [8.14]
Talking Your wing is cool for a vert

I am looking forward to seeing your M3 complete. Don't get mad at the rude comments its your M3 vert do what you want and enjoy it. people don't like my Hamann style M3 in pics but when they see it in person its like

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger custom tuned,ARH Long Tube Headers,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, ARH X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2008, 05:34 AM   #64
argonboy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 Space Gray

When I saw the first pic I thought it was a photoshop, but I unfortunately scrolled down.

If you need more looks, that's the way to go. In Bucharest I get more looks in the Black X6 than in the Space Grey M3, so I think it's the need to stand out that drives people to get mods like this.
      11-03-2008, 08:57 AM   #65
drZ
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: black sapphire e92

hey watrob..where's the profile pics my man?..need to see the spoiler in profile and also with less processing..please..!!
You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. Welcome to the layer cake son.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 05:19 PM   #66
watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
I am waiting for Miguel from Forged 360 to send me my WHEELS, Miguel work harder,

Appreciate 0