BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

08-06-2011, 10:37 PM   #793
RnmEvo9
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Goddamn you Tito! LOL
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2011, 04:00 AM   #794
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Tito is gonna get fired now, too bad.
      08-07-2011, 07:42 AM   #795
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Best card I've seen in ages. Awesome finishes.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2011, 10:00 AM   #796
RnmEvo9
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
Tito is gonna get fired now, too bad.
I highly doubt it. He put on a good show and took the fight with 2-3 weeks notice. I'm sure he will be back.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2011, 02:36 PM   #797
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
yes, Tito will be back. He looked ok until Rashad turned it up. Def no ring rust for him, he looked as good as ever

Rory MacDonald appears to be the real deal and LOL at Dana giving Ebersole a bonus for "Thanks for getting those horrifying shorts off TV as soon as possible"
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2011, 04:28 PM   #798
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: Nike shoe

Noway tito gets release, he was rewarded fight of the night bonus and he really did Dana a favor and saved this card.
Please ufc, mandate some kind of dress code, please. The speedo shorts is disgusting.

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2011, 05:39 PM   #799
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

We all couldn't stop laughing for a good 2 minutes when we saw the speedo shorts. I'm glad Dana is banning them. It was disgusting.

Also, I thought Belfort looked awesome and Tito looked quite good until Rashad took care of business.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2011, 07:28 PM   #800
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
Rep

Ufc Brazil, man this could be exciting.
I know a lot of people is favoring Anderson, I don't blame them, but I think okami has a great chance. If you didn't know okami does train with sonnen, so I'm sure the same blueprint will be implemented and hopefully some submission defense added. I will go out on a limb and predict the upset of the century with okami's arm raised.

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2011, 09:37 PM   #801
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymu View Post
Ufc Brazil, man this could be exciting.
I know a lot of people is favoring Anderson, I don't blame them, but I think okami has a great chance. If you didn't know okami does train with sonnen, so I'm sure the same blueprint will be implemented and hopefully some submission defense added. I will go out on a limb and predict the upset of the century with okami's arm raised.
Silva never loses, and he won't take any chances in his home country Brazil. The guy is so talented he can KO anyone with any limb of his body. Just watch his highlight reel, enough said. I would never bet against him, ever. I believe anyone can lose on any given day but it's going to take a special formula to defeat Silva. Anyways, I expect the Spyder to put on another show and prove why he's no.1 P4P.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 07:13 AM   #802
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
if Okami is planning on implementing Sonnen's game plan, he better hope Anderson hurts his ribs again or that plan isnt going to work

i will never bet against Anderson, i dont expect him to be champ forever but Okami isnt it. Jon Jones or Cain Velasques maybe...
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 09:10 AM   #803
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
Rep

Well, first time they met okami did take down Anderson with ease. Granted the KO was awesome, nonetheless it's still a rule now so that can't be used. Anderson, biggest(if you consider a weakness) is his ground game. First time they met, no rib injury, so takedown is possible.

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 06:14 PM   #804
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

I think a takedown is possible considering both fighters have improved a lot since then. My hunch is all Silva has been training is takedown defence, his stand-up doesn't need any work, the speed and accuracy is all the difference. Also, he might just finish it with a KO in the opening 90 seconds. It wouldn't surprise me.

Btw, did you guys see Matt Hamill is retired now?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 08:45 PM   #805
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
took him down w/ ease? really? did you actually watch the fight?

Okami got ONE take down before he was knocked out 30 seconds after. Anderson stuffed every attempt w/ EASE but he got lazy after a scramble and lost it but nearly got a triangle out of it.

And by not being able to implement Sonnen's game plan, I meant he is not going to be able to take Anderson down and keep him down. I'm sure he'll score a few takedowns but Anderson will get up.

This fight is essentially Condit vs Kim part 2 but at 185
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 08:46 PM   #806
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Btw, did you guys see Matt Hamill is retired now?
yea, i was sad to see that, he was a good fighter but in his last two fights he didn't look like he wanted to be in there so I understand. I wonder if he's movie will be any good, I'll def check it out
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2011, 06:40 AM   #807
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
Rep

Yes I believe with ease, when okami was able to clinch a single leg on Anderson, yes it looked easy. Now comparing the two telegraph attempt with no setup, Yah that won't work obvious. Even I can see that coming. I'm not going debate that Anderson is best or not, cause I know he is but I'm just predicting an upset. It's called an upset for a reason.

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2011, 05:07 PM   #808
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Yes I believe with ease, when okami was able to clinch a single leg on Anderson, yes it looked easy. Now comparing the two telegraph attempt with no setup, Yah that won't work obvious. Even I can see that coming. I'm not going debate that Anderson is best or not, cause I know he is but I'm just predicting an upset. It's called an upset for a reason.
I know anything can happen in MMA but when you predict an upset, you have to go into more detail then just flip a coin. How do you expect Okami to win?

Silva is way too fast and is technically a better striker than Okami.
Silva grapple game is perfect, he has an awesome Muay Thai clench with brutal knees.
Silva is comfortable on his back, he's submitted opponents before - even Dan Henderson. You will rarely see him on top because he prefers to stand up and finish the fight in style.
Silvas takedown defence is really good. It takes someone with a resume of Sonnens wrestling background to take down Silva and hold him down. Also, you need to take into the fact that Silva had a rib injury going into the fight and Sonnen was banned for PEDs later. Imagine if he had won the fight he would have been stripped of his title - then people would pay more attention to the fact that Sonnen cheated.
Silva might get taken down, he might - or it might end up being like every other fighter that has tried - remember Maia?

The guy has the ability to finish the fight at almost any moment. I think if you take Silva out of the MW division, it's a pretty stacked looking division with some good fighters. But with Silva in the mix, the difference between no.1 and 2-100 looks huge.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2011, 09:38 PM   #809
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
Rep

Are you serious? you really think the only reason Sonnen dominated so badly was of rib injury and drugs? I bet you if they fight again it'll be same result. Watch how Anderson lost to Takase. Anderson also did defend against Takase takedown in the beginning but eventually needed just one success and lost. Takase is not a great fighter but still was able submit him so please don't use injury as a reason. How did Henderson dominate the first round against silva? sure you can argue henderson did get rear naked but the point is it can happen. Everyone trains and fight with injury, even I train with injury. It comes with the territory.

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 07:33 AM   #810
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
lol come on man, that fight was 8 years ago.

And I do think the injury was part of the reason Anderson got held down by Sonnen, I dont know how much the HGH helped him so I wont go there. But when you see a guy as dangerous of his back like Anderson, just sit there and do nothing, you know something has to be going on. I have watched just about every single Anderson fight and I have never seen him move so slow and sluggish like he did in that fight.

And another thing, guys w/ great BJJ are too comfortable of theirs backs, so they dont try to get up, ie Nate Diaz. So when they fight good wrestlers, they get taken down and they dont try to get up cause they think they can pull off a submission

I sure hope we see Silva vs Sonnen 2, so we can end this debate but I think Brian Stann is going to put an end to Sonnen tittle hopes

anyways, I cant wait for Henderson vs Miller and Olivera vs Cerrone, great card coming up
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 08:09 AM   #811
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Are you serious? you really think the only reason Sonnen dominated so badly was of rib injury and drugs? I bet you if they fight again it'll be same result. Watch how Anderson lost to Takase. Anderson also did defend against Takase takedown in the beginning but eventually needed just one success and lost. Takase is not a great fighter but still was able submit him so please don't use injury as a reason. How did Henderson dominate the first round against silva? sure you can argue henderson did get rear naked but the point is it can happen. Everyone trains and fight with injury, even I train with injury. It comes with the territory.
Lol that fight was 8 years ago mate but yes it was a legitimate loss. I do think Sonnen had an advantage taking PEDs and with Silva having a rib injury and I don't think I'm the only one that thinks that either. I'm not sure what your point was with Henderson. I think that was the 1st round Silva ever lost in the UFC and he hardly got dominated, he was just controlled on the ground. From memory I think Henderson was inside Silva's guard the whole time - which is a neutral position for an experienced black belt BJJ. Silva did lose that round but when he came back for the 2nd round he stepped it up and finished the fight, he nearly KO'd Henderson but ended up taking the rear naked choke. He seems to fight better when he's under pressure, I'm not sure if you've watched most of his fights but he seems to coast and take his time and do his thing. Yes everyone fights with pre-existing ongoing injuries but in all fairness Silva didn't have to take on that fight with that kind of rib injury. I'm pretty sure I remember him saying it happened a week before the fight and that the fight must go on for the fans. Anyways, we'll see what happens against Okami, I'm confident Silva will win this fight comfortably.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 08:19 AM   #812
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
Rep

Even if it was plus number of years ago, I still see a lot of similarity. He still doesn't know how to sweep off his back or attempt to shrimp into.better position. Blackhouse are known for great offense. Jose aldo, Diego nunes and silva all wore down. You never saw Anderson weak cause all his fight don't last more than 1 or 2 rounds.
Sonnen has come out and said okami is the strongest fighter he has ever face.

Last edited by johnnymu; 08-11-2011 at 08:23 AM.. Reason: add
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 09:02 AM   #813
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Even if it was plus number of years ago, I still see a lot of similarity. He still doesn't know how to sweep off his back or attempt to shrimp into.better position. Blackhouse are known for great offense. Jose aldo, Diego nunes and silva all wore down. You never saw Anderson weak cause all his fight don't last more than 1 or 2 rounds.
Sonnen has come out and said okami is the strongest fighter he has ever face.
And Silva said if Jose moved up to MW he would retire

We'll just have to wait and see what happens. There's a good reason why Silva pays 1.22 vs 3.96 for Okami.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 09:12 AM   #814
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
Rep

That's why I said popular choice is silva and I don't blame them. Look all the good wrestler jiu jitsu guy vs silva. All were either super boring or very close. Against stand-up, no chance. Remember Travis Luther? Yes I know they all lost but I'm just saying I feel okami will be the one to overcome what other wrestler jiu jitsu guys couldn't do.

Appreciate 0