BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

10-18-2007, 10:34 AM   #1
Leg
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 V8 Alpine White

Two Colour Leather

My dealer has just rung me to confirm I can order Bi Colour leather (as per the Z4M Coupe I assume although Im off down tomorrow to see the range) for my M3 due in April if I want.

He still hasnt been able to confirm if I can order the pearlescent brilliant white seen on the 6 series yet. Still investigating.

They have a white M3 in too (BMW Leeds, UK) so it will be interesting to finally see one in the flesh.

Last edited by Leg; 10-18-2007 at 01:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2007, 01:23 PM   #2
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
2-tone leather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leg View Post
My dealer has just rung me to confirm I can order Bi Colour leather (as per the Z4M Coupe I assume although Im off down tomorrow to see the range) for my M3 due in April if I want.

He still hasnt been able to confirm if I can order the pearlescent brilliant white seen on the 6 series yet. Still investigating.

They have a white M3 in too (BMW Leeds, UK) so it will be interesting to finally see one in the flesh.
Is this through the Individual program, since it's obviously not a standard option?

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2007, 01:31 PM   #3
Leg
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Is this through the Individual program, since it's obviously not a standard option?
Oops sorry should have said, £1205.00 option through individual. Also includes a contrast stitch. Ill take my digi camera tomorrow and get some pics of the options.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2007, 01:36 PM   #4
EBuyuk
Private
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

Which two colors are you getting? And what options in two tone are available?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2007, 01:38 PM   #5
DonM3
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW e92 M3

Black and red is a nice combo
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2007, 01:40 PM   #6
EBuyuk
Private
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonM3 View Post
Black and red is a nice combo
You read my mind. Which parts were you thinking in red? The inside of the seat?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2007, 01:42 PM   #7
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

i like blue and black with le mans...but not sure it would go well with IB. maybe black and fox two tone on SSII or Space.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2007, 02:50 PM   #8
DonM3
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW e92 M3

Red inside and black on the outside with red stiching/piping on the black leather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBuyuk View Post
You read my mind. Which parts were you thinking in red? The inside of the seat?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2007, 05:00 PM   #9
Leg
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBuyuk View Post
Which two colors are you getting? And what options in two tone are available?
As per the OP Im off down tomorrow to see the range available, my assumption is its like you can get on the Z4Coupe but at this stage I have no idea, all I know is I can have 2 tone.

With a white car red and black or even possibly blue and black would look good. Ive seen a Z4M Coupe in white that had white(light grey?) and black leather that also looked very nice. I think you can also get black and yellow on the Z4 Coupe?

Ill take my digi camera as I said and get some pics and post them. I think it will be worth it for the individual look it will give the car and to lift the interior a little although I dont want to be crass.

These are the Z4 ones fromt he BMW site but whether they will be like this I dont know. I reckon the white and black with either a white or space grey M3 would look great.

Last edited by Leg; 10-18-2007 at 05:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2007, 07:50 PM   #10
Niro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 C4S Cab (after M3)

Leg,

You've got exactly the same taste as me. I too am going for either Fox Red, or Blue leather with Individual Brilliant White. The bi-colour leather shall look awesome, but not convinced about it having the same contrast factor impact as, for instance, just Fox with IBW.
My girlfriend's not convinced with IBW, but white is DEFINITELY back - I can put lots of photos up of friends' white-colour cars - yes, yes, I know that white is not a colour, before somebody points that out!
Just remember that Alpine White is a creamier white, and is not as glossy as IBW.

Niro

P.S. My stealer has confirmed that he can source me IBW on my M3 Cab. He says it'll cost me £1600, i.e. I've gotta earn almost £2,700 gross to afford it!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2007, 02:50 AM   #11
ShinySteelRobot
iPhone/iPad Developer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niro View Post
yes, I know that white is not a colour, before somebody points that out!
Depends on whether you're dealing with an additive or subtractive color model.

When dealing with colored light, white is the presence of ALL colors (so I'd say it's definitely a color too). You can demonstrate this when you shine light through a prism--it breaks up into a rainbow of colors, all of which are contained within that white light. Isaac Newton, my favorite scientist, originally figured that out, I think.

In a color model such as paint, black is the presence of all colors (mixing more and more paints together usually makes it darker and darker).
      10-19-2007, 11:30 AM   #12
Leg
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niro View Post
Leg,

You've got exactly the same taste as me. I too am going for either Fox Red, or Blue leather with Individual Brilliant White. The bi-colour leather shall look awesome, but not convinced about it having the same contrast factor impact as, for instance, just Fox with IBW.
My girlfriend's not convinced with IBW, but white is DEFINITELY back - I can put lots of photos up of friends' white-colour cars - yes, yes, I know that white is not a colour, before somebody points that out!
Just remember that Alpine White is a creamier white, and is not as glossy as IBW.

Niro

P.S. My stealer has confirmed that he can source me IBW on my M3 Cab. He says it'll cost me £1600, i.e. I've gotta earn almost £2,700 gross to afford it!
Saw my first real world Alpine White M3 today and Im not so sure IBW is even worthwhile now. Im sure its great but AW looks fantastic on this car and in the real world, for £1600, I dont think it will be worth it.

Think ill stick with AW. Nice and easy to care for too (compared tot he Phantom Black Audi I have now which is a nightmare for swirls and stone chips).

However, I am definately spending some cash on individual leather. Dealer seems to think I can definately have any of the standard M3 leathers in a dual leather set up but I reckon the only two of those that remotely go are FR and Black or Silver and Black and Im not sold on either.

However, he also said he is confident I can get the 3 coupe individual leathers and combine any of those (as per the Z4 option). They include:

Syrah Blue
Platinum
Champagne
Rust Brown
Cohiba Brown
Carneol Red

Sorry about the crap picture, forgot the camera and had to use my PDA..

The red with black would be nice including stitching although Platinum and black may look nice too. Having said that, originally I wanted red but didnt like Fox and the Carneol Red is more to my taste so I may just go for AW, Carneol Red and Black stitching and forget the dual colour.

He is checking if I can have the Z4 colours as I quite fancy the Silverstone/Anthracite in theory although a colleague came with me and he reckons it will be too flashy with 2 colours, something in the back of my mind tells me he is probably right.

Just going back to the AW again, I was really surprised how much it suited the M3. I thought AW was all about brochures and fancy photos but it looks great in the real world too.

One thing I found out was that a black with FR M3 that was delivered a couple of weeks back was in because the owner had managed to 'boil' the power steering oil (dealers words) on track. Mind you the rear tyres were nearly bald already so he must have been really caning it, the tyre edges were badly worn so Im guessing it had been sideways a lot!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2007, 02:51 PM   #13
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
a two tone leather seat would be hot!
      10-19-2007, 07:08 PM   #14
The CSL
For the love of ///M3
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Peugeot 306 XSI 16v

Rust Brown or Carneol Red FTW. Glad to see them offering more choice, as with the E46 version.
      10-20-2007, 03:49 AM   #15
Stahlgrau
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Backwards

Damn...I've got to find a way to get BMW Individual options. If I take European Delivery, is that possible?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2007, 06:00 AM   #16
Davo2003
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded

Must be nice. I am sure we won't have these options in the USA. My luck they will allow individual next year (2009 MY). I may push my order to 2009 because there are no color combos I truly like available in the USA yet!
      10-20-2007, 06:16 AM   #17
vm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahlgrau View Post
Damn...I've got to find a way to get BMW Individual options. If I take European Delivery, is that possible?
No, European Delivery makes it even more difficult.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2007, 11:00 AM   #18
Stahlgrau
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by vm View Post
No, European Delivery makes it even more difficult.
Well, aren't you the bearer of good news? LOL, j/k. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2007, 12:48 PM   #19
Leg
Captain
Rep

Went back down this afternoon to take another look at the AW M3 they have in (being prepped for a customer) and took my Dad. Absolutely convinced this is the right colour for me now and am getting the M3 in AW. Saw it yesterday outside and today inside in the workshop and it looked awesome. Thats saved £1600 for IBW which can go on the leather.

Noticed a nice touch under the bonnet, M3 logo embossed into the underside of the bonnet on both sides!

Now just the leather. the darker Individual red or red/black or light grey (nearly white) and black. Choices, choices........
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2007, 01:39 PM   #20
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Absolutely convinced this is the right colour for me now and am getting the M3 in AW.
You can't do that; you said you were getting Space Grey in my color combo survey!!!

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ght=color+poll

Enjoy your M3 either way!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2007, 02:50 PM   #21
Leg
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
You can't do that; you said you were getting Space Grey in my color combo survey!!!

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ght=color+poll

Enjoy your M3 either way!
LOL changed my mind, AW was my original colour and then I changed to SG cos I bottled it and im back on AW again. In SG the M3 is a nice car, in AW its a wow car IMO.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2007, 03:15 PM   #22
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
LOL changed my mind, AW was my original colour and then I changed to SG cos I bottled it and im back on AW again. In SG the M3 is a nice car, in AW its a wow car IMO.
Looking forward to seeing pics of your individual interior when you get your car...
Appreciate 0