BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

11-04-2009, 02:36 PM   #573
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.ulm1 View Post
Hello Great White. It was a nice experience. I learned something like usual.... At least let me say I am happy that people can consider me not a "LIAR". That's the main thing for me. Next time I will think a lot before to share something, be sure....
Savage, let me thank you once again and in public for sharing all this information which turned out to be completely true. I'm glad we found a way to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White View Post
@ South: next time Iīll keep you posted too
Thanks, much appreciated.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 02:39 PM   #574
savage.ulm1
Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Giulia Q.

Will be the official weight including like usual in Europe : driver (75kg I think), fuel at 90% and 5kg of generals? because if it is like this, the empty weight should be around 1.370 kg that means about 3.000 lbs.....
Who can answer?
      11-04-2009, 02:39 PM   #575
Great White
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92 DCT AW/PS

Garage List
2000 M5 E39  [10.00]
2008 M3 E92  [0.00]
2002 318i Compact  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
so whos buying one?
seriously considering !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
my take is,

hate the spoiler. it looks like it was on added on after.

Overall, its nice to see ///M doing things for the M fanatics. But...Im not in love!
The spoiler is as Mr. Schadow put it: "aerodynaically more efficient than a diffusor which is why we put it on. Racing cars need a certain amount of downforce which can only be achieved this way, so here we followed the rule of functionality over esthetics. "
      11-04-2009, 02:41 PM   #576
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Hello Great White. It was a nice experience. I learned something like usual.... At least let me say I am happy that people can consider me not a "LIAR". That's the main thing for me. Next time I will think a lot before to share something, be sure....
I would have taken away the same "message" you did. For what it's worth there were quiet a few people who did not have a negative impression of your thread or you but rather took a wait and see approach expecting that what you said would come to pass.

Perhaps we should have been more vocal in support as the negative voices were pretty loud and there were quite a few of them. When threads devolve like this one did at some points my usual reaction is to just walk away. I usually feel I want to jump in and show some support, but I've seen that when someone does that, even in a positive non-personal way, it just makes things worse and winds up the negative folks even more and things just go downhill faster.

Maybe that's the wrong approach? Maybe I should have jumped in and showed my support? I'm not sure what the best approach is when things turn sour--I still think entering the fray just makes it worse. I do think what South and the other Mods did (put a stop to it) was the best approach and the one that's the most likely to succeed.

All I do know is that you were treated poorly and unfairly, you came through in the end, and my hope is that valuable folks like you will stick around the forum. At the same time I do realize this experience means that information like this will be kept out of the limelight and folks like you will be less likely to contribute in the future. I understand that, and it's just a sad commentary on the state of affairs.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 02:41 PM   #577
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

I'd rather have the GT4 for only 5,000 euros more. If I were to buy a car like this it wouldbe strictly for track days and racing. You get better componenets with the GT4...its lighter...and goodies like optional air jacks
      11-04-2009, 02:50 PM   #578
savage.ulm1
Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Giulia Q.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
I would have taken away the same "message" you did. For what it's worth there were quiet a few people who did not have a negative impression of your thread or you but rather took a wait and see approach expecting that what you said would come to pass.

Perhaps we should have been more vocal in support as the negative voices were pretty loud and there were quite a few of them. When threads devolve like this one did at some points my usual reaction is to just walk away. I usually feel I want to jump in and show some support, but I've seen that when someone does that, even in a positive non-personal way, it just makes things worse and winds up the negative folks even more and things just go downhill faster.

Maybe that's the wrong approach? Maybe I should have jumped in and showed my support? I'm not sure what the best approach is when things turn sour--I still think entering the fray just makes it worse. I do think what South and the other Mods did (put a stop to it) was the best approach and the one that's the most likely to succeed.

All I do know is that you were treated poorly and unfairly, you came through in the end, and my hope is that valuable folks like you will stick around the forum. At the same time I do realize this experience means that information like this will be kept out of the limelight and folks like you will be less likely to contribute in the future. I understand that, and it's just a sad commentary on the state of affairs.
Tks a lot..
But sure I made some mistakes too. Simply I was too excited by this new and I was thinking to make good sharing it, like normally it is used to be done.
      11-04-2009, 02:59 PM   #579
iveman89
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E93

so when are they taking it to the Ring?!?! cant wait!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 02:59 PM   #580
Great White
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
2000 M5 E39  [10.00]
2008 M3 E92  [0.00]
Exclamation Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
That seems very unlikely IMHO - that an aftermarket diffuser, likely developed without wind tunnel time, somehow made the M3 significantly more stable.

on the contrary, the only real after market diffusor which I can say really hits the spot at high speeds is from Hamann! Now please understand that Iīm not doing any advertising for & do not work for them nor do I have a contract with them but my experience over here (on the German Autobahn before and after) at high speeds is :

Before - at 220 -240 km/h / 136 - 150 mph the car was very unstable in the rear section and I lifted off of the road once at a point that never even budged my M5 E39
Since I have put on the Diff the car is as stable at 165 mph as it can get without further aerodynic conditioning !
Now the Nürburgring / Nordschleife is a hell of a ride in comparison to the Autobahns and here is were I reall felt the difference after gett the diff !

BTW Hamann is the only tuning company here in south Germany that actually uses/rents the wind tunnel at the technical university of Stuttgart (let me tell you itīs F***ing expensive) to test all of their aero- products ! If it made no diffierence I would not have bought it ! here also I run the rule of fuction over ethetics.. and at the speeds I travel at I need the car on the ground, not airborn

Back to the topic
      11-04-2009, 03:01 PM   #581
Great White
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
2000 M5 E39  [10.00]
2008 M3 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iveman89 View Post
so when are they taking it to the Ring?!?! cant wait!
It was there already

for all who missed it

11-04-2009, 03:04 PM   #582
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Tks a lot..
But sure I made some mistakes too. Simply I was too excited by this new and I was thinking to make good sharing it, like normally it is used to be done.
And the fact you can acknowledge the approach might have been better, learn from it, and move on shows what a stand up guy you are.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #583
Great White
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
2000 M5 E39  [10.00]
2008 M3 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Will be the official weight including like usual in Europe : driver (75kg I think), fuel at 90% and 5kg of generals? because if it is like this, the empty weight should be around 1.370 kg that means about 3.000 lbs.....
Who can answer?
most likely it will be. And itīs 7 kg of baggage ...
what a joke 75 kg driver and 7 kg baggage with a tank 90% filled.. holy crap I have to CSL myself now
      11-04-2009, 03:13 PM   #584
Trier Germany
Banned
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: 2009 E-90 M3 space gray

Thumbs down Bad ass M3

I like every thing about it except the rear wing and the color.

How about some M colors on this badboy no stripes?

Frozen gray would look out of this worls!

Laguna seca blue would kick ass!

Im not feeling the orange

Porsche has had black orange GT3RS and Orange Black GT3 RS for awhile. I would have launched a differen't color!

I love thos wheels+++++++++++++++

What are the specs on the suspension? KW V3, clubsport, Competition?

I also like the Alcantera steering wheel!

These parts are gonna cost some serious dough!

I hope NMW doesn't put the smack down and don't make them available unless you have a VIN#
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 03:19 PM   #585
pepper
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

whats with the wing.. its still a BMW?

even the GT3 and RS should not have a wing
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #586
deshields
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post

I agree with that. Many of those same idiots attacked the site admins and claimed they were liars too when they posted spy photos of the real car. Who attacks a BMW site admin as a liar??? What stupidity! In the end, those naysayers just proved themselves as being stupid and the real BMW fans like savage come out on top. Many of us know they were acting stupid and you are right, we should be vocal with support next time. Good guys win in the end. End of story.

Cheers to savage.ulm1
      11-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #587
Great White
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
2000 M5 E39  [10.00]
2008 M3 E92  [0.00]
M3 Weights

Quote:
Who can answer?
Oh BTW I got very interested the other day in the weights area and decided to get my car on the scale:
It would seem that the weight of 1665 kg which BMW released in the brochures is slightly overstated.
My car weighs 1740 kg incl. driver (95kg) fully tanked no baggage & with a LOT of extras on board for eg. Leather inter. & what a lot donīt understand sun roof + DCT.
take off 25 kg from driver
20kg dct transmission
ca.40kg sunroof
ca35kg leather

thatīs 120kg less (264 lbs) !!
1740-120 = 1620 kg !!! thatīs 45 kg less than advertised. and as I said a lot more on the inside...
so if this new guy weighs 1490 kg as BMW says how much does it really weigh ??
      11-04-2009, 03:34 PM   #588
Mr.AK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 e92

People were considering canceling 2010 orders because of this thread. Yeh it's great news BUT for the average US driver it doesn't mean anything, ......... nothing!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #589
Green///Hell
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, F15 X5, 1199S

So how can we get the ///M racing suit and helmet
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #590
gabriel.psd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 AW 6MT

Garage List
2004 330ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans_Blue_M View Post
LOL...at this thread.

You don't know anything I don't all ready know!

I have an all-access pass.

Hint: 600HP...
Yeah.. NO. 450hp.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 03:42 PM   #591
Thrumcap
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Audi Q7

It would mean something to me if they were at least going to give us this engine in the 2010's with the LCI.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 03:43 PM   #592
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Those titanium exhaust tips are SEXAY! Wheels look great as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 03:54 PM   #593
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmilori View Post
Yeah.. NO. 450hp.
I initialy thought he was talking about the 'other' special M car project BMW was working on...
      11-04-2009, 04:08 PM   #594
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda///Monic View Post
So how can we get the ///M racing suit and helmet
If you sign up for the 2-day advanced M school you can get the helmet. I'm going in March!
Appreciate 0