BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

02-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #23
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
This recall is not for the M3 guys!! /thread.
Source?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #24
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman View Post
Source?
It's listed in both this thread and at least two other reposts on the forum.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2017, 04:06 PM   #25
Butkolrpi
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Convertible

Just received a letter from BMW to replace battery cable terminal on 2011 M3 E93

I was searching the forums after receiving a letter from BMW about the battery cable connections.

The letter does not mention the vehicle model (odd) but the VIN for my 2011 M3 is listed. I scheduled an appointment tomorrow with the dealership but they seemed a little confused as well.

The verbiage about the issue, repair and information is identical to the other letters listed in this thread.

Any thoughts are welcome.

UPDATE: at the dealership now. They have a letter showing it as a recall. Both the NTSB and BMW's web pages do not have anything listed. They estimate 1hr for the repair.

Off topic: I am the 2nd owner and the car has 85,000 miles.

Did the rod bearings at 74k as a PM. They looked worn but OK. I think the idle control valve is going but everything runs great. (also did water pump, thermostat, belts, tensioners, pulleys at 80,000...PM)

Last edited by Butkolrpi; 06-03-2017 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2017, 04:41 PM   #26
Peahi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 CPE

e92 M3 complete power loss

I just got this letter too.

I had a complete power loss last month...luckily i was off the road and pulling into my parking spot. It could have been really dangerous if i was driving when this happened.

Engine shut down without warning, all power shut down. I was unable to lock car, close windows, etc. Most importantly, my hazard lights didn't work. Completely dead car. It could have led to a crash/accident if I was driving...and the car suddenly shut down on the freeway, being unable to activate the hazards could have have been catastrophic. I hate to think what could have happened if the car was stuck on the busy highway at night with no hazard lights blinking.

My car was repaired last month and i was charged for repairs. I asked if it could have been caused by vibration but got no reply. The battery was pretty new, being replaced at the dealer a year or two ago.

I emailed BMW USA and also contacted the dealer. This is a pretty concerning issue with the possibility of serious injury/damage/accidents. Getting warning lights and car going into limp mode is one thing, but having the car go completely dead/zero power without warning is terrifying.