BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

EXXEL Distributions

04-15-2010, 12:57 PM   #45
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
its really good, the last boss however, will make you want to slit your wrists

i had no trouble with him...i slaughtered him actually...and i just slaughtered Gabrielle Celeste as well, im at the 2nd bonus Dungeon, the Wandering Dungeon, at level 255 she still owns my ass...i have to level up other people and get all their ultimate gears too...this game is worth the money IMO, ive played over 110 hours already...gained like 10 lbs and lost a little bit of my sex drive, very lazy now...

i just want to beat that whore and move on with my life

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 02:07 PM   #46
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Finished it a week or two ago as well. Did not like. It was one of those games where you keep saying to yourself, "It's going to get better, it's going to get better..."
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 08:12 PM   #47
Noc57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
Finished it a week or two ago as well. Did not like. It was one of those games where you keep saying to yourself, "It's going to get better, it's going to get better..."
Yep, the extreme linearity was a killer. When I got to Pulse I was like, "FINALLY it's going to get good." .....next zone it's back to the same old path.

I enjoyed it for what it was I guess. Been an FF fan since the NES days. I wasn't NOT going to play it.

Still have a ton of missions to finish up post-game, but I'm just not getting the motivation to load it up.
      04-15-2010, 08:18 PM   #48
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc57 View Post
Yep, the extreme linearity was a killer. When I got to Pulse I was like, "FINALLY it's going to get good." .....next zone it's back to the same old path.
When I got to Gran Pulse, I was like...ah, so this is where the overworld map begins. I thought it looked great, and thought, man...it really took a long time for this game to start getting good. Do a few missions, then head over to that village I'm supposed to go to...still not liking the shopping system at every save point, but I can forgive that now that we're getting some towns in there!

After exploring and doing missions for a while, I thought, man, I haven't accidentally stumbled upon a different town yet, but that's OK...I guess the overworld map is just really, really big!

Then you get to their "town." I won't spoil the game, suffice to say, you're not going to visit any other towns.

Then it's point A to point B all over again.

The enemies have some strange balancing too. You can fight one enemy type and have no problems whatsoever, maybe even never being hit. Then in the same area, run across an enemy you have a really hard time with. Some enemies are really luck based. You can do the same thing 5 times against them, and 4/5 you'll win. But for some reason, that 1/5 you will get your head handed to you.

Other areas, you can beat certain enemies, but not others which your supposed to just avoid altogether. Other times, the enemies are really hard, and then you get to the "boss" of the area and it's really easy. WTF is going on with the balance?

The other thing that crossed my mind when you first get to Gran Pulse is how good it looks. And the two wenches who are native to the area are talking about nature and how they respect it, not like on Cocoon, and blah blah. So what's the first thing you do in Gran Pulse? Start killing anything that moves. So much for nature, eh?
Appreciate 0