BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

02-10-2014, 06:32 PM   #23
mbintx
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 135i, Miata, and a truck

I'm coming around on a one-day Rhine trip. That might be nice excursion. And more interlaken research to do!
I like sticking to German speaking countries since I speak the language.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 07:43 AM   #24
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
As a European, let me give you one tip: concentrate less on the large European cities and instead explore the little cities and villages. That's where the real beauty of Europe really lies.
Couldn't agree more. The real charm of Europe is found outside of the major cities. Cities are typically overrun with tourists and the locals are, in turn, more jaded.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 04:25 PM   #25
FRFNUGN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Schaffhausen in Switzerland is a nice town to visit. My wife and I spent two nights there during our Germany/Switzerland trip, and there's a neat old fortification (the Munot) built in the 16th century as well as the Rhine Falls - the largest plain waterfalls in Europe.
It's also not far from St Gallen (visit the Abbey of Saint Gall) and Lake Constance, which is just a very nice area overall. And don't skip Zermatt, the Matterhorn is quite the sight, especially on a nice clear day. It's worth the money to take a gondola ride up the peaks around the area.
Appreciate 0