BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

09-12-2007, 01:20 AM   #23
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post

Last directly to Hans: Must be wonderful to have a small stable of cars to choose from including the "wifes" P-car as well. But I just can't see making an Evo your DD over the M3 and also labeling the M3 as your "luxo-cruiser" as clearly neither are among it's stongest points. I think it is almost embarrassing to buy an E92 M3 as a "luxo-cruiser". Since I enjoy and agree with most of your opinions posted here and note that you certainly have great tastes, I must just be confused or misreading your intent. I suspect if you saw that particular label attached the the M3 in isolation you very well may question it as an appropriate label as well.
swamp, are you "calling me out" ?

Last edited by Hans Delbruck; 09-12-2007 at 01:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2007, 02:54 AM   #24
nonick
Enlisted Member
South Africa
Rep
Drives: e92 335i; e36 M3

Scandal!!! Haha jokes
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2007, 06:27 AM   #25
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
swamp, are you "calling me out" ? Well I guess I could clarify although I've been trying to avoid divulging too many details, for as long as possible... I just want to fit in around here. And I agree, taken in isolation, that statement doesn't make a lot of sense. The M3 is certainly far from a luxo-cruiser! But in our "stable" that's kind of where it slots in. Next to the buzzy high-strung S2K, the kit car-ish Elise, the chick-car Boxster S, the boy racer Evo, and the GT3, the M3 should make a very refined, luxurious car "with an edge" -- one that I can drive TO the track, and probably on it occasionally. I will drive the M3 to work sometimes, but my commute totals about 100 miles a day, over LA's worst freeways. So I stick my Evo with that torture. The M3 would get beat up and rack up too many miles. But it will be a wonderful change of pace when I do indulge and drive it to work! I've wanted a German V8 sedan ever since I bought a 528i 7 years ago and my friends had 540's. I just love the sound of a V8 - especially a German one. I don't really like "soft" cars - I'd get bored with that quickly - so I think the M3 will be perfect (as long as the steering isn't too light!) I've had my deposit down since May '05!

I am flattered that you would assume the P car is the wife's car. I assume this is based on my intelligent, rational posts here so far, under the name "Hans Delbruck"... That's what I want! To fit in like any other enthusiast, regardless of ehhhh.... "gender." Yes, "we" are extremely fortunate to have some nice cars. We have both always been car enthusiasts and we in fact met on a car club drive (we both had Boxster S's and he still has his) Anyhow, we both track, but he has a Radical SR3 and does an arrive and drive program with it. Right now I am driving his S2000 as my "track car" but I am planning to get an S2K of my own and weld in a roll bar and do some other track-focused stuff to it. I prefer the S2K on the track because it is fun and cheap! So that should explain my car choices and... maybe a little more. Like why "I'm not too technical" among other things...... Now shhhhh... forget you read this. I will likely delete it soon so I can remain "stealth"
Well done.
      09-12-2007, 07:11 AM   #26
Filthy Monkey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Ah, so that explains it then. You need the M3 to go shopping for shoes and bags
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2007, 08:34 AM   #27
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Thanks Peppernick!

LOL @ Hans. Had me fooled!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2007, 08:49 AM   #28
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

More than I asked for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
swamp, are you "calling me out" ? Well I guess I could clarify although I've been trying to avoid divulging too many details, for as long as possible... I just want to fit in around here. And I agree, taken in isolation, that statement doesn't make a lot of sense. The M3 is certainly far from a luxo-cruiser! But in our "stable" that's kind of where it slots in. Next to the buzzy high-strung S2K, the kit car-ish Elise, the chick-car Boxster S, the boy racer Evo, and the GT3, the M3 should make a very refined, luxurious car "with an edge" -- one that I can drive TO the track, and probably on it occasionally. I will drive the M3 to work sometimes, but my commute totals about 100 miles a day, over LA's worst freeways. So I stick my Evo with that torture. The M3 would get beat up and rack up too many miles. But it will be a wonderful change of pace when I do indulge and drive it to work! I've wanted a German V8 sedan ever since I bought a 528i 7 years ago and my friends had 540's. I just love the sound of a V8 - especially a German one. I don't really like "soft" cars - I'd get bored with that quickly - so I think the M3 will be perfect (as long as the steering isn't too light!) I've had my deposit down since May '05!

I am flattered that you would assume the P car is the wife's car. I assume this is based on my intelligent, rational posts here so far, under the name "Hans Delbruck"... That's what I want! To fit in like any other enthusiast, regardless of ehhhh.... "gender." Yes, "we" are extremely fortunate to have some nice cars. We have both always been car enthusiasts and we in fact met on a car club drive (we both had Boxster S's and he still has his) Anyhow, we both track, but he has a Radical SR3 and does an arrive and drive program with it. Right now I am driving his S2000 as my "track car" but I am planning to get an S2K of my own and weld in a roll bar and do some other track-focused stuff to it. I prefer the S2K on the track because it is fun and cheap! So that should explain my car choices and... maybe a little more. Like why "I'm not too technical" among other things...... Now shhhhh... forget you read this. I will likely delete it soon so I can remain "stealth"
Whew, that was a lot more that I asked for! I was just curious. It is not that you had me fooled in any way, you said explicity that the GT3 was the wife's car! I don't give a rat's a%% about gender or what kind of car someone drives. Your posts are intelligent and I enjoy your opinions.

I'm still not sure a 100 mi commute would beat up a car that much (even in LA) but it certainly would age it a bit faster than normal though. Certainly if the car is leased that'd be a big no, no. From what I've read it really sounds like the new M3 is amazingly comfortable (more comfortable than the 335i as we've heard in one place). EDC will only make things that much better. Great to hear that you plan on getting the new M on the track at least a little bit - that will be my plans as well. I don't envy you having to look at the Evo and the new M each morning and "have" to "settle" for the Evo.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2007, 09:13 AM   #29
AxelLopezzzz
Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 2008 Alpine White M3 Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Speechless!!!

2008 Alpine White M3 Sedan, 6 speed manual, extended Red Novillo Leather, Navigation.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2007, 10:04 AM   #30
Bavarian13
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335, E36 M3

Looks good, I'll have to try to drive on myself. I hope the steering has the same feel as the E46 M...

BTW: Next time, keep the windows up went you record inside the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2007, 11:02 AM   #31
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
This car is fully optioned, the price, 6 large ones, GBP.
Not really.

Doesn't have full novillo leather.

Doesn't have the individual sound system.

Doesn't have the rear sun blind.

Amongst other things probably.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2007, 11:14 AM   #32
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
Not really.

Doesn't have full novillo leather.

Doesn't have the individual sound system.

Doesn't have the rear sun blind.

Amongst other things probably.
Optional 19" wheels.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2007, 01:01 PM   #33
dechoong
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 530 Sport

Beautiful pictures of Jerez Black... now I've an honest idea what the colour really looks like

I would say the new M3 is a highly accomplished road car, one of the best (if not the best) as a luxury high performance daily driver. But at 1655kg, it is not a track car. It may not feel its weight on the road but on the track it will be very revealing. IMO, the current best DD/Track car is the Porsche GT3... though it has a problem with its low ride height and long front overhang. Maybe the upcoming CSL will give it a run for its money.

What I'm really looking forward to is BMW return to the ALMS with the E92 M3 GTR. The V8 E46 M3 GTR demolished the Porsche 996 GT3R in the ALMS but was disqualified in its 2nd year due to Porsche's complain about the E46's homologation issues (a V8 M3 that doesn't exist on the road). Now the E92 M3 has a mighty V8, lets hope BMW takes the fight to Porsche again in the ALMS from 2008
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2007, 01:33 PM   #34
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Whew, that was a lot more that I asked for! I was just curious. It is not that you had me fooled in any way, you said explicity that the GT3 was the wife's car!

Cheers
Cheers guys! Hey I said it was the "spouse's" car.... hehe.

Yes, we are building a bigger garage... can't keep them all in one place right now.

peppernick, apologies for the thread-jack... please share more thoughts!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2007, 01:36 PM   #35
the_stranger
Captain
India
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6MT

Garage List
What were the settings in the MDrive manager when you drove the car? Especially the steering. What are your views on the Fox Red interiors? How was Jerez Black with the carbon fibre roof? Your review was awesome. Hope I got to drive that car.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2007, 05:53 PM   #36
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Optional 19" wheels.
What you talking about?

It has the optional 19" wheels.