BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

01-07-2017, 04:28 PM   #1
ritzzzzzwik
Captain
Rep
Drives: SO M4 MT

Opinions on this 2009 E90 M3

Hello folks,

I've been looking for an e90 M3 for a while, and drove this one today.
Interior and exterior are in great shape. Wanted to get your opinion, and see what you guys think.

Its listed as Auto, but is a 6 speed MT

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...0075/overview/

Thanks,
RD
2007 335i E92 MT | MFactory LSD | Diff Brace | MHD/Wedge Tuned| BL Coils | Stg2 lpfp BoostConcepts | VRSF DPs | VRSF 7" HD FMIC | DCI | VRSF CP | BMW SSK | Billstein PSS Coilovers | M3 Control Arms | Whiteline Rear SF Inserts | SS brake lines | Z4 35is Rotors | Hawk 5.0 pads | M219s + PSS | PE Mod -SOLD
2016 M4 F82 MT
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2017, 05:40 PM   #2
jaehshim
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

The front seats look good and it usually tells well maintained life, especially with the E9X M3's novella interior.
Car looks like daily driven from about 35K miles till 80K miles, a solid 10K miles/yr.

Nice 1 state car, slick top, the peeling of steering wheel piece of common, that's a easy $60 replacement

looks like very well maintained service throughout the warranty period (proper 1200 mile service, scheduled full maintenance), something funny is that both front and rear brakes changed within 1 yr of period 2011 to 2012. Maybe the owner tracked the car, or he wanted to get an extra warranty service before it expired.

Looks like it had a good history early life unto 40K miles, not sure about post-warranty (40 to 80K miles), I guess it'd be hard to find that history

Check for bearing noise, also see if clutch still has good bite and not too late engagement. 09 is good with clutches generally (08 clutch is not available anymore and it costs a lot more to replacement).

I have the exact same 09 E90 6MT fully loaded with enhanced premium sound except mine came with sunroof. 09 and generally E90 M3 series is rock solid both chassis and mechanical and electric.

But do remember you are purchasing a once originally $65~69000 sticker car for 1/3 of a price with almost 90K miles on it. Obvious wear and tear stuff will be required
      01-07-2017, 06:03 PM   #3
ritzzzzzwik
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaehshim View Post
The front seats look good and it usually tells well maintained life, especially with the E9X M3's novella interior.
Car looks like daily driven from about 35K miles till 80K miles, a solid 10K miles/yr.

Nice 1 state car, slick top, the peeling of steering wheel piece of common, that's a easy $60 replacement

looks like very well maintained service throughout the warranty period (proper 1200 mile service, scheduled full maintenance), something funny is that both front and rear brakes changed within 1 yr of period 2011 to 2012. Maybe the owner tracked the car, or he wanted to get an extra warranty service before it expired.

Looks like it had a good history early life unto 40K miles, not sure about post-warranty (40 to 80K miles), I guess it'd be hard to find that history

Check for bearing noise, also see if clutch still has good bite and not too late engagement. 09 is good with clutches generally (08 clutch is not available anymore and it costs a lot more to replacement).

I have the exact same 09 E90 6MT fully loaded with enhanced premium sound except mine came with sunroof. 09 and generally E90 M3 series is rock solid both chassis and mechanical and electric.

But do remember you are purchasing a once originally $65~69000 sticker car for 1/3 of a price with almost 90K miles on it. Obvious wear and tear stuff will be required
Thanks!

I saw the interior, and this one out of all the ones I have seen, is the only one where the interior looked good. No fading/rips/scratches.

Clutch seemed ok. I wasnt able to really push it, because weather gods decided I needed snow! I'll be going back for another drive. But I did drive 2 M3s back to back today, and the other one had the weird clutch grab point(too high).

Not too worried about regular maintenance. My N54 has had a whole laundry list of problems- from turbos, to injectors, to dme. You name it. Only parts original on my 335 are body, engine, trans,clutch, and interior. Every seal/every gasket that could leak, did leak. I was thinking of putting in a LSD in my n54, but with all the power, and all the bits I put in, to seemed I am just wasting money. M just seems perfect. Modding is fun, but comes with a whole lot of head aches. I wanted to just drive a car thats ready from factory (like my previous cars), and worry only about regular ie: oil change, brakes, tires.

How about the Electronic Dampers. How well do they hold up?

I will be taking it for a 3rd party PPI, but wanted to get an idea.
2007 335i E92 MT | MFactory LSD | Diff Brace | MHD/Wedge Tuned| BL Coils | Stg2 lpfp BoostConcepts | VRSF DPs | VRSF 7" HD FMIC | DCI | VRSF CP | BMW SSK | Billstein PSS Coilovers | M3 Control Arms | Whiteline Rear SF Inserts | SS brake lines | Z4 35is Rotors | Hawk 5.0 pads | M219s + PSS | PE Mod -SOLD
2016 M4 F82 MT
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2017, 08:33 PM   #4
jaehshim
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritzzzzzwik View Post
How about the Electronic Dampers. How well do they hold up?

I will be taking it for a 3rd party PPI, but wanted to get an idea.
yea, people with previous tuning experience totally get what you mean.
It's fun changing things here and there until it reaches the max potential, at that point you realize a properly tuned vehicle from the factory (M, AMG, RS etc) is miles better to drive and maintain. The best & final tuning is stock lol

I've never heard of anyone experiencing trouble with the EDC. EDC has been used since long ago in M cars, and they generally have been very solid.
This ain't B7 RS4's shocks (lol), it holds up well and gets the job done both on track and on-road.

Ppl change either spring + keep stock EDC, or go coiler + use KW module to cancel EDC. I went with a conservative Eibach spring (.6~1inch drop) + keeping stock EDC. Also have 15mm/12mm spacers, perfect stance + no rub whatsoever on any type of driving style + any pavement. EDC works fine, change of ride is noticeable as before.
      01-17-2017, 12:55 AM   #5
monterey
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Seems very well priced. Good find
Appreciate 1
      01-19-2017, 10:56 AM   #6
bmwnukid
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92M3 with Warranty

Opinions on this 2009 E90 M3

I'll sell you my 2009 E92 M3 with a whole lot lees mile for a few more dollars, but not much.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 01:28 PM   #7
ritzzzzzwik
Captain
Rep

Thanks to everyone for their inputs.
I will sadly had to drop the idea of buying this car ATM. Buying a house so this will have to wait
I was so eager on this one because this was one the only e90 M3 that I tested, out of maybe 20, that was in great condition overall. My heart says yes, but my mind conviced me otherwise, atleast for the moment. Putting in a LSD on my 335 for the time being, to ease my pain a little (or as I call it F80 M3 beta with better sound lol)

So anyone looking for an e90 MT this one is in great shape. I hope i can find a good example after closing on the house
2016 M4 F82 MT
Appreciate 0