BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

03-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #1
Cameronc08
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997.1 Turbo/F82 M4/'06 Saleen

MW with red center caps and side markers?

On a mineral white/fox red e92, I have semi-gloss black ZCP rims with dark tint. Otherwise the car is stock. Going to order blacked out grill, black hood vents, color matched bumper reflectors, and black and white trunk and hood roundels. Now here is my question. Originally I wanted to get black and white bmw center caps, and dark tinted sidemarkers with a touch of color to add uniqueness. Was thinking red, orange, or blue. But that may look cheesy with no other color. I'm now thinking of getting side markers painted red and getting red bbs center caps. Any thoughts? Maybe even someone could do a photochop for me? Up for suggestions, want something slightly different than white or black side markers (not planning other mods other than lux eyes).
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
M3_FJ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

IMO I wouldn't put BBS center caps on wheels other then BBS, it's like putting a Brembo decal on a OEM caliper. I'd stick with your original idea of the black/white BMW center caps. Second painting your side markers red isn't going to really "flow" nicely. Black is going to look best on white especially if all your other trim is black or going to be black as you stated. That's my 2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 09:35 PM   #3
skins333
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E93 BMW M3 MR/21 X7 40i AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_FJ View Post
IMO I wouldn't put BBS center caps on wheels other then BBS, it's like putting a Brembo decal on a OEM caliper. I'd stick with your original idea of the black/white BMW center caps. Second painting your side markers red isn't going to really "flow" nicely. Black is going to look best on white especially if all your other trim is black or going to be black as you stated. That's my 2 cents.
Actually, pretty sure the oem zcp wheels are made by bbs.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #4
Cameronc08
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997.1 Turbo/F82 M4/'06 Saleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins333 View Post
This is true, which is the only reason I considered the red caps. I may do the black/white all the way around, just thought a little color on the side markers might make a unique touch.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #5
M3_FJ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins333 View Post
Hmm I did not know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameronc08 View Post
This is true, which is the only reason I considered the red caps. I may do the black/white all the way around, just thought a little color on the side markers might make a unique touch.
I wouldn't paint em. However I think, not positive, someone makes a side marker with a red lens. That may look ok?
Appreciate 0