BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-15-2018, 10:31 AM   #45
carenthuziast
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 E93 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_92101 View Post
A quick update:

Good news: We arrived in Montreal today.

Bad news: M3 is still in Boston.

Good news: A BMW service advisor in the Boston area told me that this is nicest used E93 they’ve ever seen. He said sitting in it was like sitting in a time capsule.

Bad news: The M3 needs a new Idle Air Control valve. I cleared the codes multiple times with Carly between Cape Cod and Boston but they kept coming back and the car always went into limp mode.

Even worse news: After diagnosing the issue, the dealer ordered and received the wrong part so we had to leave the car behind in order to complete our trip on time. I had promised my wife that we will also tour Canada and that she gets to see her aunt in Toronto before we fly back. To do all that, we couldn’t wait any longer.

Good news: the M3 will arrive in San Diego with 1,000 miles less on odometer. But would I have really cared about that.... nope!

A shipping company is supposed to pick up the car soon and take it San Diego. I plan to change the idle air control valve myself. I told the dealer not to do it after they called and informed me that their parts department screwed up the part order and there would be another 24 hour delay... my blood was boiling today driving the small, curvy roads between Portland, Maine and Montreal in a rental Nissan.
I had plenty of drama with my E93 as well, but my issue was the EDC module. Luckily it was CPO.
      06-15-2018, 10:38 AM   #46
JDM_CL9
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Garage List
2009 BMW E93 M3  [0.00]
Very nice find and so sorry to hear about the troubles. Hopefully it didn't totally ruin the trip and you and your wife still had some time to enjoy all the sites, etc.!

I was curious how much an example like yours was worth - if you don't mind sharing the price paid or can PM me privately, that would be great!

Thanks,
      06-15-2018, 10:45 AM   #47
Mr. BMW
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
2012 M3  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2018 Jeep Grand Che ...  [0.00]
Quote:
A quick update:

Good news: A BMW service advisor in the Boston area told me that this is nicest used E93 they’ve ever seen. He said sitting in it was like sitting in a time capsule.

Bad news: The M3 needs a new Idle Air Control valve. I cleared the codes multiple times with Carly between Cape Cod and Boston but they kept coming back and the car always went into limp mode.

Even worse news: After diagnosing the issue, the dealer ordered and received the wrong part so we had to leave the car behind in order to complete our trip on time. I had promised my wife that we will also tour Canada and that she gets to see her aunt in Toronto before we fly back. To do all that, we couldn’t wait any longer.

Good news: the M3 will arrive in San Diego with 1,000 miles less on odometer. But would I have really cared about that.... nope!

A shipping company is supposed to pick up the car soon and take it San Diego. I plan to change the idle air control valve myself. I told the dealer not to do it after they called and informed me that their parts department screwed up the part order and there would be another 24 hour delay... my blood was boiling today driving the small, curvy roads between Portland, Maine and Montreal in a rental Nissan.
What dealer did you bring it to in the Boston area?
06 330i Monaco Blue/Black (retired)
02 X5 3.0 Topaz Blue/Black (retired)
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2018, 03:42 PM   #48
timothy2001
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 6MT ZCP

Garage List
2011 M3 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
A quick update:

Brutal. Damn disappointing missing the ride home. I would expect other random but probably minor failures due to lack of use.
Appreciate 0