BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)
Closed Thread

06-01-2016, 07:08 PM   #89
RickP
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Comp/DCT

If I was ESS, I'd have the new owner sign a waiver saying he/she understand the risks and sell the pulley. Notarized, Docusign, DNA codes, whatever to cover them.

Customer does waiver, pays money, gets product, and everyone is happy.

Would that be bad business?

2011 Frozen Grey E92 M3
http://rpollak.com
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2016, 07:38 PM   #90
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

In CA, courts do not take kindly to SLAPPs, so would warn the company that threatening legal action is a potentially high risk and costly endeavor.

http://www.casp.net

Moreover, defamation only occurs if you're not telling the truth.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2016, 07:39 PM   #91
VT3M33
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 MCB M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93
Normally, I am not the type of person who takes time to share a negative experience, but I had to put this into words because it is too surreal...

The following event are true events. To protect the names of the belittled and disrespected - I'll not name names (For the record - it is NOT Active, Harrop, Gintani), in an effort to remain factual however, the events and exchanges happened exactly as described below.

Many on this forum know I own a E9X M3 with a particular S/C kit. Many on here also know that I sourced this kit second hand with about 2k total miles on the kit. I also bought the tune aligned with this particular company. I have no illusions that I'll receive service from this company for a used kit; HOWEVER as a paying customer for the tune and the fact this company makes/sells this particular kit - I expected the ability to source parts and have an intelligent conversation about the tune and level of boost the kit makes.

Initially - I was told they didn't sell that part, but would gladly 'upgrade' me to the larger kit for a nice fee. When I asked if they have the part - they said yes, but they do not service 'used' kits. I again asked how much for the part in question, and that I am not asking for service or an upgrade - simply that I wanted to buy this part. Again - the customer service representative explained they could not help me. I then elevated this to a higher level employee that I had worked with before.

Now - to be completely candid, I love the quality of this kit and have ZERO complaints in this area. My issues is not with the kit, but rather the condescending responses and profound level of disrespect I received from this company - simply because I wanted to source a part to make ~ 1 more pound of boost....1 MORE POUND OF BOOST!!!

From a simple question and request - these exchanges escalated to the point where I was attacked in email at a personal level, belittled, and disrespected.

A particular individual from this company actually had the audacity to attack my method of communication (work email) and then make reference to my position at my company for some reason - I can only assume to seemingly gain leverage in this exchange. Eventually - I even received a call at my place of work, after work hours, on my direct line to offer me the part for free if I would never disclose this transaction. This particular employee also STATED AS MUCH IN EMAIL TO ME!! All of this is after they claimed they did not sell and would never sell me that same part.

As a paying consumer - the only real recourse I have is the power of feedback. I explained that I'd share this experience among others who share a similar interest, and ONLY THEN did this company want to 'give' me this particular part provided I never spoke of it.

At this point, I had enough of of being belittled and disrespected, I refused the free offer with strings, and decided to let it go.

The final straw came to my work email last week - a 'stern' warning from an attorney 'strongly' advising me to abstain from any negative feedback....and that I have been accused of costing this company 'many hours' of time and effort on the phone and responding to my emails with my unrealistic demands.

In my opinion, Credibility and Honesty are the only true currencies a business possess. Legally - It isn't what you know, but rather what you can prove. I have every email as well as the benefit of a recorded work phone conversation to document this matter, and documented cell records to prove the total phone time is less than 30 minutes actually talking to this company.

At the end of the day - I am simply one customer who will never use this company again.
I understand your frustration but when asking for more boost/pulleys in their eyes your asking for trouble .. Especially if the kit is designed for a specific boost... Can you imagine if something goes wrong ?! Who's to blame ?....
I see why they wouldn't want to sell it.. They're protecting you and themselves ... Why don't you just upgrade your kit ? Sounds like it's upgradable ..
Best of luck !
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2016, 07:41 PM   #92
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkwerks View Post
Re-read through thread and I have another question. Did you know the kit was used when you sold OP the tune?

If so, that's a little hypocritical to not sell the requested part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
Agree to disagree.

Someone noted above a very good point - the company was more than willing to sell a tune on a known used kit, but not a part?
Was the tune they sold you for the kit you bought or one up from the one you bought?

If you bought a 625 kit and got the associated software for a 625 kit, however, wanted a pulley for a 650 kit to run with the 625 kit, I can't see why ESS is in the wrong based on AJ's post.

Again, (because it wasn't answered) I'd like to know what company you work for and your title because how I interpret your statement of facts, it looks like things may have gone south based on those two things.

So did you eventually find a way to get that other pulley you need from someone else? I'd like to read a happy ending to this ordeal.
Kit was sourced third party from the original owner, and only had 2k miles on the set up.

New parts are being sourced.

I run a three 1/2 mile events each year. All are above 3,000 feet - and the parts will only be used here. I have a high performance BMW shop in the area with a Dynojet to make sure the car is optimal and remains within tolerances.

My occupation is completely unrelated to cars, coding, or software. I am still not sure why it was brought into the original conversation - but it was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2016, 07:43 PM   #93
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT3M33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93
Normally, I am not the type of person who takes time to share a negative experience, but I had to put this into words because it is too surreal...

The following event are true events. To protect the names of the belittled and disrespected - I'll not name names (For the record - it is NOT Active, Harrop, Gintani), in an effort to remain factual however, the events and exchanges happened exactly as described below.

Many on this forum know I own a E9X M3 with a particular S/C kit. Many on here also know that I sourced this kit second hand with about 2k total miles on the kit. I also bought the tune aligned with this particular company. I have no illusions that I'll receive service from this company for a used kit; HOWEVER as a paying customer for the tune and the fact this company makes/sells this particular kit - I expected the ability to source parts and have an intelligent conversation about the tune and level of boost the kit makes.

Initially - I was told they didn't sell that part, but would gladly 'upgrade' me to the larger kit for a nice fee. When I asked if they have the part - they said yes, but they do not service 'used' kits. I again asked how much for the part in question, and that I am not asking for service or an upgrade - simply that I wanted to buy this part. Again - the customer service representative explained they could not help me. I then elevated this to a higher level employee that I had worked with before.

Now - to be completely candid, I love the quality of this kit and have ZERO complaints in this area. My issues is not with the kit, but rather the condescending responses and profound level of disrespect I received from this company - simply because I wanted to source a part to make ~ 1 more pound of boost....1 MORE POUND OF BOOST!!!

From a simple question and request - these exchanges escalated to the point where I was attacked in email at a personal level, belittled, and disrespected.

A particular individual from this company actually had the audacity to attack my method of communication (work email) and then make reference to my position at my company for some reason - I can only assume to seemingly gain leverage in this exchange. Eventually - I even received a call at my place of work, after work hours, on my direct line to offer me the part for free if I would never disclose this transaction. This particular employee also STATED AS MUCH IN EMAIL TO ME!! All of this is after they claimed they did not sell and would never sell me that same part.

As a paying consumer - the only real recourse I have is the power of feedback. I explained that I'd share this experience among others who share a similar interest, and ONLY THEN did this company want to 'give' me this particular part provided I never spoke of it.

At this point, I had enough of of being belittled and disrespected, I refused the free offer with strings, and decided to let it go.

The final straw came to my work email last week - a 'stern' warning from an attorney 'strongly' advising me to abstain from any negative feedback....and that I have been accused of costing this company 'many hours' of time and effort on the phone and responding to my emails with my unrealistic demands.

In my opinion, Credibility and Honesty are the only true currencies a business possess. Legally - It isn't what you know, but rather what you can prove. I have every email as well as the benefit of a recorded work phone conversation to document this matter, and documented cell records to prove the total phone time is less than 30 minutes actually talking to this company.

At the end of the day - I am simply one customer who will never use this company again.
I understand your frustration but when asking for more boost/pulleys in their eyes your asking for trouble .. Especially if the kit is designed for a specific boost... Can you imagine if something goes wrong ?! Who's to blame ?....
I see why they wouldn't want to sell it.. They're protecting you and themselves ... Why don't you just upgrade your kit ? Sounds like it's upgradable ..
Best of luck !
A written request was made to receive a quote on upgrade - unfortunately, no written quote was ever received.

By this point - the dialogue had become uncivilized on both sides.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2016, 08:43 PM   #94
modkrazy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

If this was a replacement part, I would understand. But it's actually a part from a separate kit that they do not support, they are not obligated at all to sell you anything, especially when it potentially makes them liable, or at the very least at risk for some negative press.

"ESS supercharger explodes and kills driver and family". You can bet no one will be talking about non-standard pulleys.

So I kind of get both sides. It's not nice to hear a different story each time, but at the same time they didn't have to put up with you near the amount of time that they did.
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2016, 02:01 AM   #95
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

I have to say, the more I read this thread, the more I feel as though we are not getting the whole story.
OP: You were very vague in your opening post, but I think you wanted us to know who this was. Reason? You stated things like "many on this forum know I own a E9x M3 with a particular S/C kit" and then went on to name almost every single major SC manufacturer that makes a kit for the E9x and stated it wasn't any of those. If you truly wanted to keep it a secret you wouldn't have given out so many details. I figured it out in a second by logical deduction and posted who it was in the 2nd post. Wasn't a stretch. Also, I'm not sure what you meant by the below:

Quote:
To protect the names of the belittled and disrespected - I'll not name names
According to you, you were the one who was belittled and disrespected, not them, so how is choosing not to name who the other party was (you did a great job hiding it btw) protecting you?? I'm confused by that statement, but that's neither here nor there.

You seem like a cool dude, and I have no issues with you whatsoever. I don't doubt you feel disrespected, but I'm going to go ahead and say it, your story is full of holes. You came on here and intentionally defamed ESS Tuning with claims that you still have not been able to back up with any written or recorded proof, though you've stated numerous times you have both. Fact remains, ESS Tuning came in here, and in one post shed more light on the real story than you've done in all of your banter. They said what needed to be said, and I commend them for choosing to stay out of it beyond what they already posted.

Bottom line, ESS Tuning refused selling you a part which is typically not for sale by itself, and which the sale of would have gone against what all of their R&D told them is acceptable for the kits they produce. This is the only fact that has been agreed on by both parties at this time. They did this to protect not only themselves, but you and your car from potential engine damage. If you ask me, they did you favor. Everything else that you claim is hearsay and does nothing for anyone, except get people all riled up (or in my case, provide some good entertainment). One thing is for sure, I can guarantee whatever you attempted to accomplish in this thread won't hurt their sales, or their reputation, and I am inclined to side with ESS at this point, as I just don't see half of what you claim they said being likely. Do I feel they were irritated with you? If what they claim about you calling and emailing 30 times (likely an exaggeration on their part, but still enough to irk them) is true then I can't blame them for getting a little stern with you in the end, but I have my doubts it went down exactly as you recall.

I honestly thing a mod should just close this thread. It's not going anywhere, and serves no purpose. Any issues OP has with ESS Tuning and vice versa they should work out in private.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 04:12 AM   #96
AaronJ47
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, Ford Cosworth, FPV F6

so they wouldn't sell you a part but then offered that same part in exchange to keep you hush? Simple way to get everyone on your side is to prove thats what they offered.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 04:29 AM   #97
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ47 View Post
so they wouldn't sell you a part but then offered that same part in exchange to keep you hush? Simple way to get everyone on your side is to prove thats what they offered.
somehow I don't believe that's how it went down. I feel like words were misconstrued.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 04:31 AM   #98
AaronJ47
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ||||||||||
Quote:
somehow I don't believe that's how it went down. I feel like words were misconstrued.
Your basing that on ESS being a big company, which really means nothing.. Id like to see proof of said situation.

Regardless ESS have twisted the truth anyway claiming he rang 30 times in a day, if thats true can they please provide records to prove this?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 04:33 AM   #99
AaronJ47
Private First Class
Rep

The individual has nothing to gain by slating ESS, they have everything to loose if they cant make his story out to be BS.. So we wait and see what the outcome is.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 05:36 AM   #100
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The individual has nothing to gain by slating ESS, they have everything to loose if they cant make his story out to be BS.. So we wait and see what the outcome is.
I disagree with the "they have everything to lose" statement. what exactly do they have to lose? one customer plus however many followers he manages to amass? They are a huge company with huge assets and a huge customer base. I'm sure OP isn't hurting them any. And why would they feel the need to prove OP called them 30 times in a day? Come on man..I'm sure they have better things to do with their time. They said what they needed to say and moved on, just like everyone else should do.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 05:41 AM   #101
AaronJ47
Private First Class
Rep

I was looking at getting a supercharger, and now having second thoughts about going to ESS, so if theres 10 people like me thats 80k there potentiolly loosing out on.. plus how many other people search for ESS and come across this thread. Everything was an exaggeration but not gaining customers is obviously not good for business.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread