BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

04-20-2012, 11:17 PM   #507
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
The threads were started by outside people and not someone who had bought wheels from them.
People have started smear threads against other vendors here too...so you have to consider both sides. I guess this conversation is pointless because I can't see any of the "internet evidence" in question.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 11:18 PM   #508
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
How do you guys know that Vossen had anything removed? Maybe they reached an agreement with the poster to remove the post?

Just for the record. I have no idea what you are talking about, but I'm just saying...
The TECH and I were on a thread that was promptly deleted after 4 posts..an open and fair discussion was called for ..when a thread about a known wheel failure get deleted it begs the question ...WHY?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 11:22 PM   #509
MR///M3
e90post veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: '12 M3, '09 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
The TECH and I were on a thread that was promptly deleted after 4 posts..and open and fair discussion was called for ..when a thread about a known wheel failure get deleted it begs the question ...WHY?
You should see what goes on, on the e90post side of things. So many threads got deleted back in the day, just like the vossen one. It's ridiculous. It's about who has $$$$ at the end of the day.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 01:21 AM   #510
crabman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 S580 Exec

Its a private forum guys. Its purpose is to make the owner(s) money. Sponsors deleting threads or posts is pretty much standard as near as I can tell from the forums I have been on. Not saying I like it but pointing out that this forum is about par for the course in that regard.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 01:35 AM   #511
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

Weren't there two vossen threads that got deleted? One by a random member and one by the owner?
      04-21-2012, 03:40 AM   #512
SECRET M
Engineer
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajag View Post
I'm the poster from MBworld who was quoted earlier in the thread with the concave ADV08s that came in 25% above the estimated weight. Just wanted to post a nice update of how customer service should be handled, and ADV did it right.

Had a nice chat with Jordan, the president of ADV, yesterday. I have to say, after the initial poor response from their customer service, they have stepped up in a major way, and have gone beyond what I even expected. Below is part of the email Jordan sent me after our chat:

"Great speaking to you earlier, thank you for taking the time to speak with me. As discussed I appreciate your business very much and we apologize for the issue, regardless of the cause we're always more than happy to do whatever is necessary to satisfy you as our customer. To reiterate on the resolution that you and I discussed we are going to be making you a new set of wheels, same sizes, finish, style, offsets however engineered this time around with the intent to meet or exceed your expectations in terms of weight.

You were quoted an estimated weight of 24 –26 lbs from what I understand and we'll engineer them with this intent, should we not be able to meet this weight we will discuss alternatives that may be better for you if needed. This is something we do every day so it's really not an issue, and would not have been had they originally been ordered this way. No problem though, I appreciate the opportunity to make it right for you and I'll do exactly that.

As agreed, you can continue to use the existing wheels in the meantime and once the new ones are complete we'll ship them over to you with return labels included. Once you've installed the new ones, just let us know and we'll schedule the pick up for the old ones.

I'll process the new order on the next batch that I input which will likely be tomorrow and you'll receive a new invoice at $0.00 which will be order # 2692W (warranty). Once it's in the system it will go through production as all of our orders do and you and I will personally handle the order and keep you updated as we go as well as on the weight analysis and 2d / 3d drafts for your review. "

Impressive!

-A
i could really care less how good the customer service is. doesn't mean shit when you're shipping product is founded upon negligence.

1. i'd venture a guess that outers are simply received from triangle with zero destructive testing to even validate temper. aluminum is a very complex medium to work with; it's not just a matter of buying a solid 'forged' billet from some vendor and throwing on a fancy 5 axis.

$5 says the top 'engineer' at ADV may fail miserably if asked how one should properly inspect incoming material, let alone understand how to determine a statistically significant number of outers to evaluate to ensure quality standards are maintained. forget talking about selecting the right aluminum alloys or why a wheel would crack.

2. the fact that there are even any discussions about cracked ADV wheels is enough to keep me away. the onus is on ADV to prove themselves, not by the number of wheels sold or the number of idiot exotic car owners that they can offload their crap onto and snap some photos, but by proving how they'll NEVER allow this to happen.

to say that they buy their barrels and billets from the same vendor the 'everyone' buys them from and that 'everyone' will have this problem is f***ing bullshit. story then changes to being it's small 'batch' with an 'issue.' if you allow them to get away with that level of stupidity and lack of sound engineering, you're a f***ing idiot, and i question how you are able to make a living such that you can afford to spend money on this type of stuff.. a world-wide network of idiots support idiots i suppose

ADV, it's up to you to recover your image. i will sooner live with OEM 18s than get near your shit.

Last edited by SECRET M; 04-21-2012 at 10:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #513
CarbonAlpine
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M4

This is why I spend a little more and buy wheels that are meant to be driven on these cars. All of these fly by night companies are not grabbing my attention and i fear those who buy into their marketing approach.

I can't remember how many of these companies go out of business after their poor material and customer service becomes public on these forums.

My personal taste (not based on looks)

Hre
Bbs
Volk

Those are the norm anyways when talking about high end wheels. I've had experiences first hand with adv, Vossen, Iforged, Forgiato, and my friend had Sevas which lets not even go there.

It's not like a set of forged Adv wheels are much less expensive than a higher end wheel. I think they're overpriced, especially on their cast lineup.

To each his own
Previous BMW: E36 Reiger Custom Green vert E46 ///M3 Cabonblack vert E46 ///M3 AW vert E63 645ci AW Coupe E92 ///M3 AW E93 ///M3 SG Vert
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #514
db71
Private
Rep
Drives: 10 Audi S5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonAlpine View Post
This is why I spend a little more and buy wheels that are meant to be driven on these cars. All of these fly by night companies are not grabbing my attention and i fear those who buy into their marketing approach.

I can't remember how many of these companies go out of business after their poor material and customer service becomes public on these forums.

My personal taste (not based on looks)

Hre
Bbs
Volk

Those are the norm anyways when talking about high end wheels. I've had experiences first hand with adv, Vossen, Iforged, Forgiato, and my friend had Sevas which lets not even go there.

It's not like a set of forged Adv wheels are much less expensive than a higher end wheel. I think they're overpriced, especially on their cast lineup.

To each his own
I hate to tell you but of the 3 companies you mentioned one of them has "went out of business" twice in the past 5 years. And another one has had failures posted on this and other threads. It was even mentioned about OEM wheels failing.

It's like the blind leading the blind around here. Someone give me one brand where I cannot find an issue on a forum somewhere. One that actually sells wheels not a few sets a year bs.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #515
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR///M3 View Post
You should see what goes on, on the e90post side of things. So many threads got deleted back in the day, just like the vossen one. It's ridiculous. It's about who has $$$$ at the end of the day.
Oh belive me I know...I was on that forum for 2 yrs before this one.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 01:47 PM   #516
Brucewonder
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 yea boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by db71 View Post
I hate to tell you but of the 3 companies you mentioned one of them has "went out of business" twice in the past 5 years. And another one has had failures posted on this and other threads. It was even mentioned about OEM wheels failing.

It's like the blind leading the blind around here. Someone give me one brand where I cannot find an issue on a forum somewhere. One that actually sells wheels not a few sets a year bs.
The scale of BBS is so large, of course they will have some manufacturing issues every now and then.

Regardless, Ill take my chances with the above 3 companies any day. In the end of the day, i can sell a used set more easily and for more then what I can get for a set of ADV1, DPE or any new forged wheel company in the classified...that been sitting there for months at any forum.
      04-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #517
Kwando
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR///M3 View Post

What`s happening to Vossen rims

Nevermind saw the thread.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 02:13 AM   #518
HeavyTireSmoke
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5/C63

Anybody got any ADV1 for cheap because of this thread, Let me know
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #519
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyTireSmoke View Post
Anybody got any ADV1 for cheap because of this thread, Let me know
You want them pre-cracked or will you take care of that?
      05-11-2012, 07:36 AM   #520
techartlove
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 S50B32, E92 M3 M-DCT

Just get HRE or JDM brand like Hyperforged, AGIO SPORT JAPAN, and TWS Forged or some real nice Hamann, AC, G-Power, Techart and etc... No more problem.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #521
pedrobot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP w/Drivers Pkg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene-TAIWAN View Post
everything is settled guys!

ADV kept its word.

still wished it would have been settled faster but at the end of the day I think both parties learned off each other
What did you learn from all this?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #522
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS/911R

what a piece of shit for a wheel company

5 months and no certification
      06-03-2012, 04:35 AM   #523
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS/911R

gotta bump this shit cuz its just pathetically hilarious
      06-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #524
HeavyTireSmoke
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5/C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
You want them pre-cracked or will you take care of that?
I will take them pre cracked depending upon where the crack is. Let me know
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #525
Tony135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ‘22 Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINHEAD View Post
Jordan is in LA right now. Come by and take a visit.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #526
iDontAlwaysDrink
Private First Class Asshole
Rep
Drives: ....but when I do....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINHEAD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony135 View Post
Jordan is in LA right now. Come by and take a visit.
I'm sorry, but can I ask you what the intent of your message is? Don't tell me this is one of those "I'm in your area let's meet face to face and duke it out" sort of kiddy stuff.... I can't sit here and say that I've agreed with everything that Pinhead has ever said, but if you're taking a Top Stitch/Ranz approach to people, then maybe any negative reputation that you may or may not have is well-earned.

I hope I'm just misinterpreting it, though with your quoting a troll post and your response being akin to "bring it in person" I find my imagination stretched for this....

Tony, you don't have to take my advice, and I certainly don't expect you to, given that this is all the internets, but I think you could really learn a thing or two from Jordan's professionalism. I had to go back and read it again in post #200, the way he attempted to resolve the situation was if nothing else at least admirable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
Im far from jealous... I can afford a much nicer car than a M3.

Last edited by iDontAlwaysDrink; 06-07-2012 at 12:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #527
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDontAlwaysDrink View Post
I'm sorry, but can I ask you what the intent of your message is? Don't tell me this is one of those "I'm in your area let's meet face to face and duke it out" sort of kiddy stuff.... I can't sit here and say that I've agreed with everything that Pinhead has ever said, but if you're taking a Top Stitch/Ranz approach to people, then maybe any negative reputation that you may or may not have is well-earned.

I hope I'm just misinterpreting it, though with your quoting a troll post and your response being akin to "bring it in person" I find my imagination stretched for this....

Tony, you don't have to take my advice, and I certainly don't expect you to, given that this is all the internets, but I think you could really learn a thing or two from Jordan's professionalism. I had to go back and read it again in post #200, the way he attempted to resolve the situation was if nothing else at least admirable.
pinhead was probably more biased against AVD than they were towards themselves

the way i read it was come over and take a look at our facilities and maybe you will change your mind
but maybe i am wrong
      06-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #528
Tony135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ‘22 Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDontAlwaysDrink View Post

In no way am I trying to come across in an aggressive manner. Pinhead has made it his personal agenda to bump these threads when the matter has been handled. All I'm trying to say is to come by, check out our facility and chat with Jordan himself. I don't know what else he wants us to do. We have handled this to the best of our ability and the customer is happy now, yet Pinhead is not.

I appreciate the advice but I don't believe I've come across unprofessional at all. I agree that Jordan has handled a very serious situation in an admirable way!

I apologize for maybe coming across too aggressive.
Appreciate 0