BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

10-04-2011, 03:04 PM   #2201
rallysport
Canada
Rep
Drives: bmw 128i

Wow! What a jump at the end
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #2202
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
Wouldn't touch any bank stock ATM since financials sector is one of the main sectors dragging us down. Keep waiting for more news that would banks up, like QE3 (maybe) next week?
As in the news this afternoon? lol
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 03:48 PM   #2203
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
As in the news this afternoon? lol
News this afternoon wasn't targeted at bank stocks. What drove the indexes up, my opinion here, were big institutions trying to keep the bears from breaking 1070 today. Look at Morgan Stanleys stock skyrocket after the surge today. My guess is they, and everyone else like Goldman and UBS, and big pros, were doing a huge bull rally today.

This isn't by any means something you can rely on for tomorrow or the day after that. Which means keep waiting for QE3 news or Greek debt bailout for some solid trends up. Today was an anomalie.
      10-04-2011, 05:45 PM   #2204
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Duh...

Bernanke warns recovery 'close to faltering'

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Europe has a debt crisis. America has a jobs crisis. Corporate profits could be in trouble. World financial markets are in turmoil. And no one seems prepared to ride to the rescue.

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke bluntly warned Congress on Tuesday of what most of America has sensed for some time: The economic recovery, such as it is, "is close to faltering."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Bernan...40448.html?x=0
      10-05-2011, 12:06 PM   #2205
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Yesterdays market anomaly is holding a lot of money in profits. Spx is having a hard time making anymore positive traction so far today. Look at FAS and FAZ. FAS should be in the positive ATM. Instead, FAZ is sitting 3-5% in the green. Am I the only one who thinks someone knows something?

Course, I could be wrong. But I'll be seriously considering an entrance point later on today. We shall see. Hope everyone's portfolio isn't in too bad shape.

FAZ sitting near negatives. Might be a nice hedge to pick up if it goes any lower

Last edited by Vanity; 10-05-2011 at 01:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 12:51 AM   #2206
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' YMB/Blk F82

tomorrow is the moment of truth...pressed up against resistence levels now..If we rally hard from employment report than IT bottom prob hit and we will rally for prob a month and selloffs should be bought...if we tank tomorrow then SPX will prob see 1000-50.

Odds favor rally no matter how good or bad the employment number is cause mkt sentiment wants a rally now.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 11:25 AM   #2207
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

... everybodys knows TA isnt a exact science, but here's my proyection and my possible owned. Those 216-210 price AMZN gekko approved among the slightly bearish resistance created around it, looks to me like a stock's swap figure without no doubt, i think a new tendency range is coming, im gonna bet my worthless euros to the bull up to 260. No more arguments, its a 90% feeling ...

a second opinion is welcome
There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #2208
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Job report was up but we are three days up in a bear market. Sentiment is to take profits on a Friday and see shat happens on Monday with Greece. Germany and France are preparing for a Greece default ATM as they wait for troika to announce it's decision tomorrow. With the job numbers not bumping much, the second downgrade on Italy, downgrade on spain, downgrade on 9 portuguese banks, downgrade on 12 uk banks, and today is a short position. There's no big news left today to bring this up. Job numbers was key. It did nothing.

Rating agencies have had their knife out for the institutions today.
      10-07-2011, 04:26 PM   #2209
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep

Quote:
, downgrade on spain, .
and minutes after, spain bonds gets under 300 pts ...

There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 09:24 AM   #2210
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep

1170 resistance cleared...we will have trend day up...rallytime...see you at 1250 ES...trade accordingly.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 12:18 PM   #2211
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Not To Be Left Out, China Announces Its Own Bank And Stock Market Bail Out

To anyone still believing that capital markets around the world express something other than government policy, the latest news out of China may come as a surprise: "Beijing will buy more shares in China’s biggest banks, in an expression of support for the beleaguered stock market and most concrete state action to date to shore up confidence in the slowing economy." The FT reports further: "Central Huijin, the domestic arm of China’s sovereign wealth fund, will buy the shares to help stabilise the pillars of the country’s financial system, the official Xinhua news agency said on Monday. Coming as the Chinese stock market closed at a 30-month low, the move was the strongest sign that Beijing wants to engineer a restoration of confidence in share prices and the economy. It paid instant dividends with a rally in the final minutes of trading on Monday." And there you have it: stocks are now nothing more than a means for governments to validate their "success" in something, since they have no more control left over either employment or inflation, or public expression of affection with capitalism as per #OWS. So why not ramp up the DJIA to 36,000? Granted that will happen as all global currencies get terminally davalued against gold, but so what - after all that only thing that matters now is whose stock market is the biggest.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/not-be...arket-bail-out
      10-10-2011, 03:30 PM   #2212
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep

One of my conspiranoic bets on this is crisis is an "off-set" correction made by the FED to slow down China's power. An state of that size, with that population, politically independent, gettin under order and growing, wow, can made any currency lost his monopoly
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 03:11 PM   #2213
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope, and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope, and no Cash.
      10-12-2011, 12:40 AM   #2214
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep

We had indecision candle today where bulls couldnt expand the price range...shows bulls are tiring...short term top likely now...could see selling for next few days to relieve overbought conditions...we also have strong selling on strength today...odds favor short term top.

How low we go depends on what volume is doing...if we decline on shrinking volume, selling will be corrective...if volume pattern increases then something else could be up.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #2215
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
We had indecision candle today where bulls couldnt expand the price range...shows bulls are tiring...short term top likely now...could see selling for next few days to relieve overbought conditions...we also have strong selling on strength today...odds favor short term top.

How low we go depends on what volume is doing...if we decline on shrinking volume, selling will be corrective...if volume pattern increases then something else could be up.
Going to have to agree with you here. Trading volume has been declining over the last days of rally. In fact, to strengthen the overbought status, we are sitting around the 1212 mark on spx, with the lowest trade volume in 3 months. We are way too high ATM. Dunno how much more she's got.

FAZ has just been recoiling from 80's price territory down to $51 ish. Spring is about to be sprung.
      10-12-2011, 03:54 PM   #2216
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep

was watching shooting star candle forming on AAPL today...exited longs earlier today and took shorts when AAPL showed topping signs...yest's doji candle, low volume, and selling on strength #'s giving clues.

But dont get too excited...I think rest of week favors down but next week its rally time once again.

Last edited by mact3333; 10-12-2011 at 05:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 12:39 AM   #2217
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Sell off at the end of today was higher in volume than most of the rally volumes this week.
      10-13-2011, 09:12 AM   #2218
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sell off at the end of today was higher in volume than most of the rally volumes this week.
I should charge for my services hehe...
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 05:45 PM   #2219
lablueboy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

ROYL - what a jump!!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 05:56 PM   #2220
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep

AMZN fights with the 240 price, let see ... i keep betting for those 260 for not too long. The levels are very predictibles to enter and to sell, a safe bet, not huge gains but almost none risk.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 04:42 PM   #2221
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi335 View Post
AMZN fights with the 240 price, let see ...
broken, next station 260
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 12:14 PM   #2222
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Citigroup earnings down anywhere from 33-73%. Volcker Rule bickering taints wall streets mood. Athens is piled beneath garbage as civil workers go on strike. The country is in uproar for the vote in Greek Parliament Thursday that seeks to eliminate the minimum wage in Greece.

Markets needed this news to get away from significantly overbought status and drive it
down from intense resistance levels. Do not let the recent push up to 1200 levels confuse you, we are still very well within the confines of a bear market. Mact, what's your opinion on the IT trend for this week? I can't see break of 1250, let alone 1230 levels this week. You?

Edit: Might see a move up in markets tomorrow. Bernanke set to speak tomorrow. Goldman Sachs chief econcomist Jan Hatzius is saying this will be QE3 tomorrow. Not sure if this will be the real deal this time, but something is awry with the financial stocks today. DJIA down 200 points and bank stocks are barely taking a significant hit like they always have. At best, they're only down 1-2%. Hrmm.

Hardly finding any information as to what will be happening tomorrow at Bernankes speech. Realize that Bernanke has always advocated "surprise" in his bailouts as to measure how effective they might be.

EDIT: if Bernanke releases QE3, markets will hit yearly new highs. If not, bear rally might continue till 1270 before the next fall. Chime in.

Last edited by Vanity; 10-17-2011 at 12:48 PM..
Appreciate 0