BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
dibxna
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 MW F82 M4

Chapman Bmw On Camelback - Scottsdale

Hey All,

My story may be a tad longer than what most write but here goes:

i had my first bmw as a junior in high school - salesman lied to us about what the extended warranty covered and how long it was valid (this was before carfax reports and before bmw's defined 2 yr 100k cpo warranty). Long story short, this car was to last me until basically a year left in college and ended up lasting me through the first year of college when my A/C blew up on me during finals week... keep in mind i live in arizona... where during the may finals its pushing 100 degrees. I took the car to the dealer who ended up saying sorry to me but i was 5 days out of warranty and they would not cover it.

This was purchased in colorado where i grew up and the dealer in arizona could have cared less about the issue as it stemmed from a colorado dealership. I went back to the CO dealership and they said "sorry, not our fault the salesman (who no longer works here) told you something inaccurate". with that statement and lack of desire to help the company actually lost out on two vehicles. an m3 and a viper gts. my dad was working with the owners dodge dealership to get a new viper and I was looking at upgrading to the m3 but due to CO's bmw dealership giving bmw just the absolute worst name ever, I gave up on bmw and the idea of owning an m3.

i bought a volvo s60R in lieu of the e46 m3. not quite what an m3 is, but had 5 solid years of warranty and had all the stuff I needed and wanted in a car at that point.

I write mortgages for a living and had a friend refer someone to me for mortgage guidance. Turns out the guy was a manager at Chapman BMW on Camelback. I mentioned my experience and he said theres no chance of shady warranty issues as their used to be since carfax is used so frequently and bmw organized the preowned warranty stuff much better than in years past. He told me to let him know if i wanted to give BMW a shot again.

volvo warranty ended... i was looking at mercedes' and lotus' and porsche's etc.. nothing quite fit my price point and desired options and those that did were in colors i did not have an attraction to.

i give in and go to the bmw dealership. those of you familiar with arizona know that chapman has 2 bimmer dealerships here... one in south tempe and one in scottsdale. I went to the one in south tempe as it is nearest to my work and the sales guy was decent... not pushy... but also not pushy enough to get me to bite at anything.

i remember the guy i wrote the loans for and go see him. He is the sales manager for CPO. He had already asked a list of questions of me and had pulled a few cars (had them detailed and everything prior to me showing up) that met my price point and list of desired options. we went for our drive and he told me i was welcome to come in on a day I was off and pick up the car and take it off the lot and drive it as my own for a day if it would help me feel more confident in the purchase.

i showed up the 2nd day with the sales manager expecting me to grab up a 335i which i had test drove the week prior and i surprised him by pointing at the CPO 2009 e90 m3 in le mans blue with only (i kid you not) 3000 miles on it. I tell him im there to test drive "that one" and he smiles and hands me the keys. I made it 2.5 miles up the 51 on my test drive and turned and looked at the salesman he had go with me and ask where I am expected to sign so I can leave the dealership that night with the new car.

ending impressions:

1. the sales manager did his job - get me in and let me taste the driving experience of the available cars
2. the salesman he assigned to me (although he dictated pricing to the salesman so there was no back and forth), Grady Mosby is seriously the BEST sales person I have ever encountered in any walk of business. He had top salesman awards stacked 3 plaques high and all the way around his office and was starting his 4th row.

I bought my car at 930 pm on 9/30/10 - since then this is what grady has done for me:
- called a week after buying to ask about my first impressions
- called a month after buying to make sure no questions about functions had come up that the manual couldnt explain
- called me on new years to say happy new years
- called me on my birthday and literally sang happy birthday to my voicemail and left me dying laughing
- provided me parts info so I know what to order for replacements (replaced all interior lights/trunk light/puddle lights with LED's)

I have owned the car for going on 8 months and both Grady and Bob the manager stay in touch regularly letting me know if i need anything to call them and they will take care of me asap.

I never would have guessed my next car would be a bmw after the terrible experience i had at first but chapman on camelback changed my mind and more importantly bob and grady created the lasting impression that they will do whatever necessary to keep customers happy.
*56' ford f-100 truck :: NSX blue :: lowered :: custom interior :: custom audio :: colorado custom wheels*
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 08:50 PM   #2
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
awesome. Glad you had a "better" experience second time around.
It is a shame that some CA are in it for the money; just like some nurses (sorry to get off track )
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #3
Lowest_Frequency
Audiophile
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 GT500

A fellow Arizonian will keep this in mind...
Appreciate 0