BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

House Motorsports

05-17-2015, 10:20 PM   #67
IK6SPEED
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: A LIL BIMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerBlueSkies
I guess it's safe to say airbags never went in with the first rebuild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
This is an old thread but looks like the car crashed again and was sold at an auction again http://www.copart.com/us/Lot/2145758...hId=1880465203
Very possible, unless it was a low speed impact or car was standing and something hit it.

But yea there are a lot of shady people out there. Im not against salvage cars, i have a salvage car but i purchased it from the insurance and almost all the parts were purchased brand new by me and i knew what needed to be repaired and the extent of the damage.

But i personally would be very careful buying a salvage from someone else especially if its just fixed to flip, lots of corner cutting and when they flip the cars its all about making the most profits. Thats when things can be problematic down the road.

And yes a lot of shops put fake chinese airbags because they cost like $100-150 and they look new. Ive been to a shop like that and when i asked the guy why is he installing chinese airbags since they can potentially kill someone, he got pissed and said he doesnt know anything about that and that who knows if they are fake or not and then told me to get out of here. Lol

2014 F30 328i Glacier Silver (mine)
2011 E90 335xi 6mt Jet Black (mine)
2011 E90 328i Vermillion Red (her)
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 01:56 PM   #68
grantmax
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP

I bought this car 6 months ago. It drove really well considering the damage it sustained.

Threw on a matte white wrap and GTS wheels before selling the car on Craigslist for a $5000 profit. Sorry about your luck, new owner!
Appreciate 0