BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

11-21-2006, 03:41 PM   #1
jkcali2ooo
Generation 2006
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 330i Jet Black

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
KRAMER pissed off...

Here is something else I found on YouTube. Kramer @ LaughFactory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgmCBKPHnSY

CNN's Report Below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEcz9T3MuL4&NR

Kramer's Apology on Letterman Below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dufHYw-W6j4

2006 Jet Black 330i
Sports, Premium, Rear Sensor, Steptronic

Last edited by jkcali2ooo; 11-21-2006 at 04:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2006, 03:52 PM   #2
mikeman
PAINISINEVITABLESUFFERING ISOPTIONAL.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Escalade

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
damn man i wish i went to the laugh factory that night...

he fucked up bad....

2006 Jet Black 325i|Pioneer AVIC-N3 w/Pioneer GEX-P10XMT XM Nav Traffic|Black Grill|H&R Race Springs|Blacklines|ACS Roof Spoiler|5% Rear Tint 10% Front Tint|Maya RM1 Diamond Black 19x10 rear 19x9 front on Toyo T1R 265/30/19 rear and 235/35/19 front|
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2006, 04:00 PM   #3
Annette
Trapped in Country-Land!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Navigator, Soon a 335i!

WOW... Even if he was completely smashed he still shouldn't have said that...

2007 335i Coupe (Delivery in January!)
Alpine White | Coral Red | Aluminum | Manual | Sport | Premium | Comfort Access | Coldweather | ACC | Navi | RearSunShade | PDC
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2006, 05:22 PM   #4
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

I'd be curious to hear the heckling before hand

really that wasn't that bad, but a more proper way to handle it would have been to have security throw the offender out.

funny how people get so offended over that one little word.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2006, 05:24 PM   #5
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.

i think kramer and mel gibson should hang out together.

"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2006, 09:31 PM   #6
bimmer4me
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Kramer totally lost it. WOW! I never would have suspected that in a million years.

2006 330i Monaco Blue | Grey | Walnut
...Manual | Sports | Premium | Cold | Nav | Comfort Access | PDC | Sirius | Sunshade
...M-Tec Steering Wheel | M-Tec Shifter | TLC
...Performance Center Delivery | Oct 14, 2005
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2006, 09:46 PM   #7
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 545i

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
The Letterman apology is painful to watch.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2006, 09:48 PM   #8
bimmer4me
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by findtom
The Letterman apology is painful to watch.
Everyone is saying that, but I thought he was fairly contrite. Maybe I'm missing something....

2006 330i Monaco Blue | Grey | Walnut
...Manual | Sports | Premium | Cold | Nav | Comfort Access | PDC | Sirius | Sunshade
...M-Tec Steering Wheel | M-Tec Shifter | TLC
...Performance Center Delivery | Oct 14, 2005
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2006, 10:03 PM   #9
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 545i

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer4me
Everyone is saying that, but I thought he was fairly contrite. Maybe I'm missing something....
Well, yeah.. you could tell he was genuinely busted up about it.

Honestly he went a bit far, but what he was saying was no more racist than your average Chris Rock stand up routine. It's also a shame the whole thing was caught on tape, just imagine how much worse off Mel Gibson would have been if his drunken rant was up on youtube.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2006, 10:49 PM   #10
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

I wouldn't be so offended if he used only that N word, BUT he made reference to lynching by saying something to the effect of "if this was 50 years ago, we would've strung you up and stick a fork in your ass", now that's way crossed the line
      11-21-2006, 11:43 PM   #11
E91 Dude
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Car

After seeing that, watching old episodes of Seinfeld aren't quite the same. He seemed hesitant or nervous while sayiing "Afro American" and "black" during his apology too. Maybe he didn't want to let another N-bomb slip.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 01:24 AM   #12
Viral
Major
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward
I'd be curious to hear the heckling before hand

really that wasn't that bad, but a more proper way to handle it would have been to have security throw the offender out.

funny how people get so offended over that one little word.
.........are you on fucking CRACK????? Let me clarify who the offender was in this case.........The OFFENDER was Richards, if you didn't know by now.

It was disturbing to hear the genuine hatred in his voice when he said it......that alone speaks volumes.

His apology was a fucking joke.........yes, he's shaken up over this because now he can't walk down the street anymore without worrying about someone who is looking to at him in perhaps the only way they know how. Plus, he just lost the respect of millions of people.

Ward, please confirm that you don't share Michael Richards' beliefs :mad:
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 03:27 AM   #13
luckystrike
First Lieutenant
Austria
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 MSport

well its just shows racism is still high in america its just that lot of people are scared to talk about it but when push to the limit some let it all hang out.
even here in europe racism is much greater most specially againts blacks and muslims. guess some people think they are superior than others

black saph./black leather/xenon/heated seatscomfort pkg./advantage pkg
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 09:31 AM   #14
ward
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral
.........are you on fucking CRACK????? Let me clarify who the offender was in this case.........The OFFENDER was Richards, if you didn't know by now.

It was disturbing to hear the genuine hatred in his voice when he said it......that alone speaks volumes.

His apology was a fucking joke.........yes, he's shaken up over this because now he can't walk down the street anymore without worrying about someone who is looking to at him in perhaps the only way they know how. Plus, he just lost the respect of millions of people.

Ward, please confirm that you don't share Michael Richards' beliefs :mad:

I just don't see where it's so horrible to insult somebody. The guy was interferring with his set.

it's not like kramer just saw some black guy up in the balcony and started up with him.

what he did was far from the best way to handle the situation, but really really it's amazing what a couple simple words can do to rile somebody up.

words can only make you as angry as you let them, and last time I checked there's no law that you have to be nice.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 09:46 AM   #15
phrozen06
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328it, RIP M3, E46 Sold

Quote:
I just don't see where it's so horrible to insult somebody. The guy was interferring with his set.
Wrong

Quote:
words can only make you as angry as you let them, and last time I checked there's no law that you have to be nice.
Words can do alot of damage. You're right there is now law that u have to be nice. But then u better be ready to deal with consequenses of your mouth when the cameras are running and people are watching.
      11-22-2006, 10:14 AM   #16
DLJJ3399
Lack of charisma can be fatal...
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06
Wrong

Words can do alot of damage. You're right there is now law that u have to be nice. But then u better be ready to deal with consequenses of your mouth when the cameras are running and people are watching.

It's very nice to see we such kind and understanding people on this forum.

Trust me when I say this. I've been called the N word all my life and it never gets any easier to hear it.

It feels like someone is saying you're not human to me, you're beneath me and when I call you this name, I'm showing you how I don’t like you, I don’t care about you and your race. Stay in your place…

It’s hard enough sometimes to just be human, let alone someone attacking you along the way.

People always have a way of letting you down.
      11-22-2006, 10:56 AM   #17
obLu
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP

I'm kinda with Ward on this one; the dude completely spazzed and started spewing filth directed at one person. It's still not completely clear what that person, or reportedly persons, did to provoke the attack. And yeah, there's WAY better ways of handling it.

And yeah, there's a big difference between racial jokes in a comedy act and racial insults directed at a single person.

But I'm a little tired of everybody jumping on the boo-hoo politically correct bandwagon. The insults were directed at ONE person. That person gets to be some serious levels of angry. The rest of america doesn't get any right to feel sorry for themselves about it.

Instead they get to see what an a$$hole Richards is, and decide they don't want to see or hear anything from him again.

Richard's apology needed to be to the person his anger was directed toward, and the audience that had to witness it. Not to everybody on public television. We don't have any entitlement to any kind of apology, nor should we want one. Everybody needs to see that he's only doing it to try to save his career.

And to make a blanket statement about the state of racism for the entire country based on one person's spaz attack is just as bad as racism. It's making a sweeping generalization without merit or fact.

And while I'm at it ... I'm more than a little pissed that the media is jumping on this for their own gains.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 11:00 AM   #18
lionheart
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Three

This ignorance is very saddening...
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 11:12 AM   #19
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

yea, he snapped. tragic.
      11-22-2006, 11:30 AM   #20
phrozen06
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328it, RIP M3, E46 Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by obLu
I'm kinda with Ward on this one; the dude completely spazzed and started spewing filth directed at one person. It's still not completely clear what that person, or reportedly persons, did to provoke the attack. And yeah, there's WAY better ways of handling it.

And yeah, there's a big difference between racial jokes in a comedy act and racial insults directed at a single person.

But I'm a little tired of everybody jumping on the boo-hoo politically correct bandwagon. The insults were directed at ONE person. That person gets to be some serious levels of angry. The rest of america doesn't get any right to feel sorry for themselves about it.

Instead they get to see what an a$$hole Richards is, and decide they don't want to see or hear anything from him again.

Richard's apology needed to be to the person his anger was directed toward, and the audience that had to witness it. Not to everybody on public television. We don't have any entitlement to any kind of apology, nor should we want one. Everybody needs to see that he's only doing it to try to save his career.

And while I'm at it ... I'm more than a little pissed that the media is jumping on this for their own gains.
First as an AFRO-american, black, negro or whatever the hell society calls me now, I don't care not do I need richards apology because that's how he feels and I don't have to guess what's in his mind or on his mind. He got heckeled and that's part of the comic business...it happens. The good comedians know how to use that enengy and throw it back at the heckler. The bad ones don't know how to handle it and they crack under the pressure. He said what he said and he has to deal with it. He knew the cameras were running and he knows the media and how they operate. Even the black umm......afro-american comedians who were there were shocked. But if u say something in a public forum it's out there and that's just the way it is. Fair maybe not. BUT if u can accept the praise...then u better accept the criticism.
      11-22-2006, 11:42 AM   #21
ward
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06
First as an AFRO-american, black, negro or whatever the hell society calls me now, I don't care not do I need richards apology because that's how he feels and I don't have to guess what's in his mind or on his mind. He got heckeled and that's part of the comic business...it happens. The good comedians know how to use that enengy and throw it back at the heckler. The bad ones don't know how to handle it and they crack under the pressure. He said what he said and he has to deal with it. He knew the cameras were running and he knows the media and how they operate. Even the black umm......afro-american comedians who were there were shocked. But if u say something in a public forum it's out there and that's just the way it is. Fair maybe not. BUT if u can accept the praise...then u better accept the criticism.
like others have said, Kramer didn't call you the N word.

he used it towards somebody who was disrupting his set, but I do completely agree that a good comedian can turn the heckling back towards the heckler in a funny way, but if that doesn't work the security needs to step in and throw the guy out if he's ruining the show for everyone. There's no tape of the heckling, so we really have no idea what he was yelling.

one persons insult towards another person should not warrant this much attention.

it's just gotten to such a point in our country with political correctness that it's a whole mess where people are scared to speak what's on their minds for fear of offending people. I'm not even sure what we're all supposed to call each other anymore.

I'd prefer for people to err on the side of offending people/speaking their minds than to spout politically correct dribble which has no content/value.

people are way too scared about hurting each others feelings IMO
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 01:01 PM   #22
obLu
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP

Quote:
First as an AFRO-american, black, negro or whatever the hell society calls me now, I don't care not do I need richards apology because that's how he feels and I don't have to guess what's in his mind or on his mind. He got heckeled and that's part of the comic business...it happens. The good comedians know how to use that enengy and throw it back at the heckler. The bad ones don't know how to handle it and they crack under the pressure. He said what he said and he has to deal with it. He knew the cameras were running and he knows the media and how they operate. Even the black umm......afro-american comedians who were there were shocked. But if u say something in a public forum it's out there and that's just the way it is. Fair maybe not. BUT if u can accept the praise...then u better accept the criticism
Not disagreeing ... you're spot on. My point is that the issue is between Richards and the dude his anger was directed toward. It is nice that we all got to see that underneath he's a complete asshole, but other than that it's really not anybody else's business. For all we know, since we didn't get to see what started it, the guy in the audience could've been shouting anti-semitic crap at Richards to provoke the response. Not that it excuses it, the point is the whole issue is between Richards and the dude. Not john-q public.

And from the quality of the video, it looks like somebody was bootlegging it; not a professional production where Richards knew the cameras were there.

I guess my bigger point is, why is there such a media outcry over a comedian going batshit at a comedy performance, but a racially motivated beating by an LA cop gets swept away in a 10sec blurb never to be heard of again?
Appreciate 0