BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

08-27-2012, 11:46 PM   #23
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List

Congrats! Beautiful color for sure!
      08-28-2012, 12:02 AM   #24
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

Oh you finally got your car!??? Congrats Julie. That was a long wait for you!

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 12:22 AM   #25
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Congratulations on finally getting your car!!!
Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 12:22 AM   #26
bris2013m3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
See you are in Ontario after pick up in NH We are on way to Ontario for a wedding maybe you'll see my silverstone riding thru
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 01:34 AM   #27
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 E92M3 6MT/ZCP/JetBlkFoxRed

CONGRATS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
And one day I will bring her to the track! Right now, I can't as I can't afford to crash her...
Great colour! That blue sparkle is very nice!

Awesome!!! Best day of your life so far huh? So... you went through the 1st tank of gas yet? Heehee...

Glad to have been at group therapy during our waiting and tracking, although we ended up not classmates I can't believe your wait has been 10 months? So you put down an advanced order specifically for a MY13 production??? Hardcore! 10 months is like carrying a baby LOL

Don't wait toooo long before you track it!! Do it right and do it with respect, you won't crash. Did you opt in to any of those wear & tear replacement items package?

Have fun redlining at 5500rpm for now I am ~400km away from my 1st oil change... then soon after it's WOT and real redline time
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 07:44 AM   #28
hpc3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 G80 Base, Build Week 12

Congrats Julie! Get some more pics up when you have time.

Another painful week to go here... PCD next Wednesday, finally. Will post up pics when I get her home.

Born on July 4th, 2012, PCD September 5th, 2012.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 08:46 AM   #29
mamadub
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red 2011 E93

Quote:
They're just something about the M... I don't know if I can sleep tonight. I feel like going to the garage, and giving her a hug and kiss goodnight.
Honest to God, when I first got mine, I could not sleep. I would keep getting up and going out into the garage because i couldn't believe I finally had her! Congrats Julie, I'm so happy your wait is over. Your new baby is beautiful.

Black Novillo Extended Leather, Convenience Package, Premium Package 2, DCT, DDC, BMW Apps, Custom Stereo upgrade, Eisenmann Sport Black Series Exhaust, 20"HRE's P45SC's. Color matched Brembo 380/345's, KW Coilovers
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 08:57 AM   #30
KalR
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Congrats! For a second I thought it was Jerez Black. I have had mine a little over a month and recently got the break-in service done. I absolutely love it. I agree with everything you said about how it makes you feel.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #31
///Machine
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 / '11 X5d

Congrats! The color looks amazing in pics, I can only imagine what it looks like in person.
In for interior pics.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #32
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 Legacy, '07 Kia Sorrento

Thumbs up

I am seldom speechless...

...but I am right now. She... is... stunning! Congratulations on your new baby, Julie.
      08-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #33
M3 Esq
Automobilist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5, 911 GT3

Quote:
Hey M3 Esq - I meant to reply to your other post!

Possibly the M Performance Exhaust.... and white angel eyes.

But the exhaust is not cheap. I'm trying to pay off the M on an aggressive timeline, so I'm going to hold off on that for now......

And one day I will bring her to the track! Right now, I can't as I can't afford to crash her...

I'm really looking forward to seeing yours!

I remember when I first starting lurking here on m3post, and you were getting your first M!

Yes, the wait is BAAAAAAAD.......... I won't lie. It won't get any better!

And man, I want to see that contrast stitching too!! You'd better post pics!
I'm having the ///M PE installed at the port, along with the alcantara steering wheel and the CF spoiler. It's expensive yes, but it's all covered by the factory warranty as long as its installed before you take delivery. I did not mod the MY11 at all, but this one I have gone a bit crazy. Here is a list of parts I have ordered so far the MY13 in addition to the parts being installed at the VDC:

Painted reflectors from IND
OEM CF splitters
OEM CF mirror covers
OEM aluminum pedal set and footrest
OEM Gloss Black Grills

I will post pics here when it arrives.

As for the track, yeah it's a bit of a risk, but as long as you run in a structured event with instructors and passing rules you will do fine. It will really open your eyes as to what these cars (and you as a driver) are capable of.

Also, just wait until the first time you can take that baby to 8400 rpm - you haven't seen anything yet! Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #34
PrimoM3
Chemofski
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 X5M

Congrats -she's beautiful!

I've got my cap and gown on order, a place to party afterwards, and my camera ready. Pictures coming in t-minus 24 days and counting...

Individual Frozen Brilliant White coupe, Competition, 6MT, Nav, Carbon Leather + Speed Cloth.

'13 Space Gray/Mugello Red X5///M
Pavement Punisher | Snow Muncher | Family and Board Hauler | Roadtripper
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 03:39 PM   #35
M3 Esq
Automobilist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5, 911 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoM3

I've got my cap and gown on order, a place to party afterwards, and my camera ready. Pictures coming in t-minus 24 days and counting...

Individual Frozen Brilliant White coupe, Competition, 6MT, Nav, Carbon Leather + Speed Cloth.
Nice choice in ordering the cloth Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 08:42 PM   #36
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdy330 View Post
Congrats!
Thanks spdy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoblotto View Post

Congrats! Beautiful color for sure!
Otto, glad you like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
Oh you finally got your car!??? Congrats Julie. That was a long wait for you!
Thanks my fellow Canuck. Yeah, it's been a while...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
Congratulations on finally getting your car!!!
Thanks dagolfpro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bris2013m3 View Post
See you are in Ontario after pick up in NH We are on way to Ontario for a wedding maybe you'll see my silverstone riding thru
Where are you passing by in Ontario?

Silverstone with that baby blue really looks great. I've seen it in real life. Pictures don't do it justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnombe View Post
Great colour! That blue sparkle is very nice!

Awesome!!! Best day of your life so far huh? So... you went through the 1st tank of gas yet? Heehee...

Glad to have been at group therapy during our waiting and tracking, although we ended up not classmates I can't believe your wait has been 10 months? So you put down an advanced order specifically for a MY13 production??? Hardcore! 10 months is like carrying a baby LOL

Don't wait toooo long before you track it!! Do it right and do it with respect, you won't crash. Did you opt in to any of those wear & tear replacement items package?

Have fun redlining at 5500rpm for now I am ~400km away from my 1st oil change... then soon after it's WOT and real redline time
bnombe - thanks so much!! Yeah, you were a class ahead.

The story behind the wait is... I had told myself I would wait to get my dream car after I had finished paying off the mortgage. But initially we did not know if the current V8 would extend beyond model year 2012. So I put in an order for a spring 2012 delivery (wanted to ensure I would get an allocation). It took 5 months to get a production spot. Then, not long before I needed to confirm my specs, news came out (first on the Bimmerpost of course) that there would a 2013 E92 M3. So I held out until I thought I could reach my goal. It was hard during the spring when the meets started and my mind psychologically had been looking forward to getting a "2012 model year". I ended up finally being able to make it though this month because I was so desperate to get the ///M that I was super motivated, haha! So, in the end, I am very glad I waited.

No, I didn't opt in to any packages. The only one I took last time was the wheel and tire package. However, those things are hit and miss (sometimes worth it, sometimes not). All I know is, I am usually able to keep my cars in very good condition (I often get comments like, "Your car looks new" or even "It's immaculate" when I sell or trade in cars, and to date I've never had a wheel scuff (and I'm a woman - lol!) Oops - hope I didn't just jinx myself there, hehe. Plus it's not crazy expensive if one gets OEM wheels and tires from places like Tischer and Tirerack (much cheaper than the BMW dealership) so I'm willing to take the risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpc3 View Post
Congrats Julie! Get some more pics up when you have time.

Another painful week to go here... PCD next Wednesday, finally. Will post up pics when I get her home.
Next Wednesday is not far away!! I believe you'll be the first PCD delivery of an 2013 among forum members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadub View Post
Honest to God, when I first got mine, I could not sleep. I would keep getting up and going out into the garage because i couldn't believe I finally had her! Congrats Julie, I'm so happy your wait is over. Your new baby is beautiful.
Thanks mamadub! My fellow woman ///M driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
Congrats Julie!!!! I'm really happy for you!
Philip, you are such a great guy - thanks!! And your car is sooo hot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalR View Post
Congrats! For a second I thought it was Jerez Black. I have had mine a little over a month and recently got the break-in service done. I absolutely love it. I agree with everything you said about how it makes you feel.
Jerez Black is very similar.

The Jerez has a bit of violet in its composition (lilac to be exact), which gives it a slightly different tone. And Azurite has the xirallic pigments in its paint (so there is some effervescence).

Azurite is a standard option in Canada so that's why I went with it. It does cost more, but less so than in the States, as it comes as part of a package.

Congrats on yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Machine View Post
Congrats! The color looks amazing in pics, I can only imagine what it looks like in person.
In for interior pics.
Thanks! I am working lots this week. Can't wait for the weekend so I can detail my interior and prep it for pics. I am loving the piano black wood lacquer trim. It's a very simple interior... but that's just the way I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoM3ForMe View Post
I am seldom speechless...

...but I am right now. She... is... stunning! Congratulations on your new baby, Julie.
Thanks so much NoM3ForMe!! I get the feeling you like dark colors on the M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Esq. View Post
I'm having the ///M PE installed at the port, along with the alcantara steering wheel and the CF spoiler. It's expensive yes, but it's all covered by the factory warranty as long as its installed before you take delivery. I did not mod the MY11 at all, but this one I have gone a bit crazy. Here is a list of parts I have ordered so far the MY13 in addition to the parts being installed at the VDC:

Painted reflectors from IND
OEM CF splitters
OEM CF mirror covers
OEM aluminum pedal set and footrest
OEM Gloss Black Grills

I will post pics here when it arrives.

As for the track, yeah it's a bit of a risk, but as long as you run in a structured event with instructors and passing rules you will do fine. It will really open your eyes as to what these cars (and you as a driver) are capable of.

Also, just wait until the first time you can take that baby to 8400 rpm - you haven't seen anything yet! Enjoy!
Oh wow, all those options will look hot... What color did you end up choosing this time? Your last one was Jet Black, right? That was my (close) second choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoM3 View Post

Individual Brilliant White is utterly gorgeous. (I've seen it in person at a BMW dealership in Germany.) Despite my loving dark black and blue colors, it did cross my mind to consider Brilliant White - just because of how awesome it looks.
      08-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #37
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep
Drives: ^^^^^

That is a beautiful color, Julie! Congratulations, you must be so excited!

My car hasn't graduated yet. He just made its way through the panama canal, but he's close...
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #38
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
They're just something about the M... I don't know if I can sleep tonight. I feel like going to the garage, and giving her a hug and kiss goodnight.
Haha, I can relate. I picked up my 08 at 11:30PM in front of a grocery store (that's where the trucker wanted to meet). Spent the next 1.5 hours just driving around until I realized wow, I have to work soon. Came home, laid in bed, had to go back to the garage just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Did that a total of 4 times before I finally went to bed. Needless to say, I was a zombie at work, and couldn't wait to leave to go drive her!

Maybe I missed it, but is it MT or DCT? If MT, absolutely no doubt in mind you should go for a ZHP knob. It transformed the car for me.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 09:15 PM   #39
benjammin
Private
Rep
Drives: Jetta 1.8T, '12 E92 M3

What a stunning color even in the shade. Can't wait for pics in the sun - and the interior! Congrats Julie!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #40
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
That is a beautiful color, Julie! Congratulations, you must be so excited!

My car hasn't graduated yet. He just made its way through the panama canal, but he's close...
Thanks tbone! And thanks for your "Who has a production number thread?" I think that's how a lot of us initially met for 'group therapy'

So your car is cloooooooose!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Haha, I can relate. I picked up my 08 at 11:30PM in front of a grocery store (that's where the trucker wanted to meet). Spent the next 1.5 hours just driving around until I realized wow, I have to work soon. Came home, laid in bed, had to go back to the garage just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Did that a total of 4 times before I finally went to bed. Needless to say, I was a zombie at work, and couldn't wait to leave to go drive her!

Maybe I missed it, but is it MT or DCT? If MT, absolutely no doubt in mind you should go for a ZHP knob. It transformed the car for me.
Haha, I was a zombie today at work. I was really tired last night (work has been busy lately) but I had a hard time sleeping. I was walking around feeling like I had to keep pinch myself - "Wow, I really have an M3??? Wow, like, OMG... WOW!!"

It's DCT. But do you have any pictures of your knob?? This past weekend, during a test drive of another car, I got to experience a really good manual. It really does make a difference to the enjoyment of a car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjammin View Post
What a stunning color even in the shade. Can't wait for pics in the sun - and the interior! Congrats Julie!
Thanks benjammin!! Looking forward to pics of your car when it gets redelivered!!
      08-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #41
TTBear
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 Huracán/'19 M2Comp/'23 X4M

JULIE!!!

CONGRATULATIONSSSSSS!!!!!!

After what seems like an eternity, I'm sure, for you.... your dream, is finally realized.

I am so, SO excited for you! You must be wanting to bail out of work for the next..... oh.... three MONTHS or so, just so you can DRIVE!!!!!

Now you REALLY have me missing my M3!!!

Fantastic car, fantastic colour!

You and Jake should get together for a photo shoot, for two pretty rare M3s. I must admit I haven't been around m3post as much as I'd like, but I still don't think there are many Azurite ones around!

"Health to drive", Julie... I can't think of a nicer thing to come, to a nicer person. Well deserved!!
      08-28-2012, 10:54 PM   #42
inter1032
Major
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2013 m3

hopefully ill be joining u soon, damn euro delivery prices going up
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 10:57 PM   #43
03BeastCharmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '13 M3

Well, we officially own an E92 M3 to go along with the E30 and E36 (feel very blessed). All the paperwork has been signed. Nothing left but to get on the plane this weekend and pick her up in the motherland so I can officially join the class of '13.

Current: '13 E92 M3 Euro Delivery
Gone: E86 M Coupe; E30 M3, E39 M5, E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 04:04 AM   #44
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadub View Post
Those sleepless nights that I had in the first week.
Appreciate 0