BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

04-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #23
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr15 View Post
It doesn't work like that. You can only negotiate the contract after you are drafted and, almost always, your contract will be for less money than the guy drafted before you. With every passing round there's less and less room to negotiate and the contracts drop in value, even if you have won the most games in CFB history.

Regardless, it's not like he's going to be poor or anything. Guys drafted in the 84 to 87 range last year pulled in 3-4 year contracts worth up to $2.4 Million with signing bonuses of up to $714k.
ok im just used to how the MLB works...thats why i asked everyones opinions
      04-23-2010, 10:37 PM   #24
Zephyr15
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
ok im just used to how the MLB works...thats why i asked everyones opinions
How does MLB work? Free for all?
      04-23-2010, 10:44 PM   #25
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr15 View Post
How does MLB work? Free for all?
first few round guys the $ talks start before draft, and thats what the team decides on who to pick...say they want bob but his agent wants 7 million but the team doesnt think he is worth it, they will just pick steve for 3.5 etc... high dollar guys sometimes sign big league contracts + bonus, so they are making big league money while they are in the farm system, pretty much means they are guaranteed to play in the big leagues so that adds to there compromise etc...
      04-23-2010, 11:54 PM   #26
El Duderino
Private
Rep
Drives: '15 F30

I'm a Cleveland fan and i think we got a steal. When we traded up in the 2nd i thought for sure we were going to get him...i was piisssssed when we didnt, then laughed a good one at all the other teams when we came up again in the 3rd and snatched him up. I'm very happy about this pickup...we need a future franchise QB and hopefully he's who we've all been waiting for...and definitely a guy the city can be happy about. Glad we didnt get Clausen because after his first game the fans would have boo'ed him off the field, and he would've cried and demanded a trade. Way to play the game Holmgren!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 12:02 AM   #27
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Lemme get this straight...your a Cleveland fan and are glad you got McCoy instead of Clausen? Fedex me whatever you're smoking
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 12:06 AM   #28
El Duderino
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Lemme get this straight...your a Cleveland fan and are glad you got McCoy instead of Clausen? Fedex me whatever you're smoking
Exactly. If we wanted him, management would have gotten him. Maybe I havent watched much film on him, but not much about him impresses me. There was a lot of hype on him from the media, but obviously teams werent jumping all over him like the media thought they should...i'd rather back a leader than a little bitch.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 12:16 AM   #29
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino View Post
i'd rather back a leader than a little bitch.
You're saying this as a Browns fan? Wow. Holy fucking shit...the world is stupider than I thought. If can't see that Clausen is more ready for the NFL than McCoy is than IDK what to tell you. Other than live in reality.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 12:26 AM   #30
El Duderino
Private
Rep

How is me being a browns fan have anything to do with backing a leader? I know the Browns have been terrible lately, and I also know a Browns QB has to have extremely thick skin because the fans/media will tear you apart. Look at Derek Anderson this past year, fans booed him when he got hurt, then after getting released he lashed out and said he hated the city and all it's fans. It gets to people...doubt Clausen could handle that and I'm pretty sure he wasn't going to turn the team around by any means. Like Mike Holmgren said, "I wish i liked him more." Besides neither of us can see into the future and have any idea how either of these players will pan out in the NFL, they could both be busts who knows.

You know there are more people in the world than just you right? You need to get a grip on that reality...your opinion isn't always right.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 12:37 AM   #31
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
If Colt McCoy ends up saving your franchise I'll eat my words then. The Cleveland media is rough? Who the fuck are you kidding? If you're employing players who are affected by Cleveland's insignificant minutia of a media presence than like I said to begin with, you're dealing with the wrong players. Sorry to say it, but Noah was right, Cleveland sucks, and no one with superstar talent will waste it there. You honestly think LeBron will win is last championship in fucking Cleveland? Give me a motherfucking break.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 12:40 AM   #32
El Duderino
Private
Rep

Quote:
If Colt McCoy ends up saving your franchise I'll eat my words then.
Yeah who really knows how things are going to work out, but at this point i see it as a step forward

Dude you need to calm down, I'm sorry we're better than the Bulls. You obviously know nothing of Cleveland sports other than what you hear on ESPN. Noah can say whatever he wants. Who is he anyway? A medicore player playing on a medicore team, good for him for having an opinion. I see opinions arent hard to come by in Chicago.

Last edited by El Duderino; 04-24-2010 at 12:47 AM.. Reason: a hole post
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 12:41 AM   #33
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah who really knows how things are going to work out, but at this point i see it as a step forward
I see it as much as a step forward as Chris Henry turning his life around was a step forward
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 12:49 AM   #34
El Duderino
Private
Rep

Quote:
I see it as much as a step forward as Chris Henry turning his life around was a step forward
I hope thats not meant to be a Cleveland comment.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 01:13 AM   #35
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

colt mccoy had a butt buddy for a receiver of course he is going to be good when he was a texas. Mccoy isnt a leader.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 01:49 AM   #36
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Tim Tebow will be either the next Drew Brees or the next Danny Wuerrfel

The fact that Denver picked him makes me think he'll be the next Brian Griese, though.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 07:04 AM   #37
Peanuto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Lemans Blue M-sport

Duderino... Claussen is much more prepared for the NFL than McCoy and has better talent. He played in a pro style offense under Charlie Weiss, who has been and currently is an NFL offensive coordinator. I thought McCoy was a 40-52 area pick. Browns got a steal at 85. You guys have a lot of work to do as an organization, but this draft seems to be a step in the right direction.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 07:17 AM   #38
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuto View Post
Duderino... Claussen is much more prepared for the NFL than McCoy and has better talent. He played in a pro style offense under Charlie Weiss, who has been and currently is an NFL offensive coordinator. I thought McCoy was a 40-52 area pick. Browns got a steal at 85. You guys have a lot of work to do as an organization, but this draft seems to be a step in the right direction.
The Browns have "been there, done that" with the supposed NFL ready QB out of the Notre Dame pro-style offense by Weiss. His names Quinn and he could hardly bump Derek Anderson from the starting QB spot.

So to say that Claussen is that much more ready then Quinn was is hard to believe. Hell who knows if Bradford will even work out. Look at the bust record for #1 picks, odds are not in his favor either.

McCoy at 85 is a steal. Low risk and cheap.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 07:25 AM   #39
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Cleveland sucks, and no one with superstar talent will waste it there. You honestly think LeBron will win is last championship in fucking Cleveland? Give me a motherfucking break.
We had this conversation. What do you know about Cleveland? Noah made his dumb ass claim late on a Sunday night. There isn't shit to do anywhere after 7pm on a Sunday, even Chicago. What the hell was he expecting? For Cleveland to roll out the red carpet for his ugly ass?

There are always bigger ponds. Even with Jordan the media would talk about him moving to a "bigger market" like NY or LA.

Yes, I believe there is a high probability of Lebron playing his entire career in Cleveland. Look at history, there are only a few guys that played on mulitple teams and earned multiple rings. Shaq and Dr. J are the 2 off the top of my head. For Lebron to go anywhere but MIA or LAL would be taking multiple steps back and starting over. To stay in Cleveland means he'll have an owner that will spend and spend and spend some more to continue building powerhouse teams.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 07:31 AM   #40
Peanuto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Lemans Blue M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
The Browns have "been there, done that" with the supposed NFL ready QB out of the Notre Dame pro-style offense by Weiss. His names Quinn and he could hardly bump Derek Anderson from the starting QB spot.

So to say that Claussen is that much more ready then Quinn was is hard to believe. Hell who knows if Bradford will even work out. Look at the bust record for #1 picks, odds are not in his favor either.

McCoy at 85 is a steal. Low risk and cheap.
Without receivers or an offensive line, it doesn't matter who the QB is, they will always look pitiful in our division. They need a QB, but also to build around one. I think Quinn may be fine in the long run if he can get some help. For now the Browns are looked at as 2 wins on our schedule. It appears now they are taking steps to make things more interesting.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 10:32 AM   #41
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I hope thats not meant to be a Cleveland comment.
No, but Ohio nonetheless. FWIW I can't stand ESPN
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 10:36 AM   #42
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Dude you need to calm down, I'm sorry we're better than the Bulls. You obviously know nothing of Cleveland sports other than what you hear on ESPN. Noah can say whatever he wants. Who is he anyway? A medicore player playing on a medicore team, good for him for having an opinion. I see opinions arent hard to come by in Chicago.
LOL I'm not even really a Bulls fan, I know the Cavs are the best team in the NBA and I have them winning it all this year. Noah's alright, but even Noah and Rose together are far from making the Bulls not suck, Rose obviously needs a partner in crime so to speak...or a true big man to pull themselves out of suckiness. Well that and Paxson and DelNegro need to go...Paxson has had 7yrs with the franchise and the best he can do is 8th seed in the playoffs?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 02:09 PM   #43
leocdmg
That Guy
Rep
Drives: to infinity and beyond

Yea this draft was I think one of the more unusual ones ( selection wise ). I think the QB the go the best deal was jimmy c. He is going to a great team. All the others ahhh not so much. The most stupid yet thought provoking statments I have read about tebow are as follows what do you think.

1. Tebow is already being compared and to be molded into the next elway.
2. Tebow is not even going be a QB he is gona be a short yardage HB.

WTF why would you waste a first round pick on a QB you want to make run. Do they think he wants to be terrel davis or mike alstott??
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 02:53 PM   #44
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

lol @ Columbine...i guess he didn't shoot up enough people?

you mean NFL COMbine?

Tebow is gonna fail in the NFL, he can't throw, Colt McCoy is also gonna fail...

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0