BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

05-25-2010, 06:55 PM   #1
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Closing Trunk Lid on Wire...

I just installed the BMW Advanced Battery Charging System (Deltran) and wondered if my weatherstipping is going to get screwed if I close the trunk on the wire? It doesnt seem to be too tight.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2010, 07:40 PM   #2
TwistaStick
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW BMW E92 M3 DCT

Just curious why you are not using the terminals in the engine bay? The instructions say to leave hood open, but since our battery is in the trunk that doesn't do any good I guess just leave the trunk open to let the battery vent if it gets warm from charging.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #3
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistaStick View Post
Just curious why you are not using the terminals in the engine bay? The instructions say to leave hood open, but since our battery is in the trunk that doesn't do any good I guess just leave the trunk open to let the battery vent if it gets warm from charging.
Because where I have the car parked (for the next 2 or so weeks) the hood area it too tight to get to. I hooked it directly to the battery but realized the trunk light was staying on. Because of circumstance, I didnt stay around long enough to see if it would go off by itself and closed the trunk on the wire. So what do you think?
Appreciate 0