BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

EXXEL Distributions

05-12-2010, 09:28 AM   #1
kmac1980
Major
Rep
Drives: '19 540xi

steering/servotronic

I had eibach lowering springs installed a fews ago, and one thing I noticed immediately was that the steering felt a fair bit heavier than usual (most noticeable at slow speeds). A couple days later I put on my summer wheels, and notice no change in this. A week later I got a 4 wheel alignment done, again no change.

One thing Ive played with is trying to hit the M-button on my car (mdrive/edc equipped) to turn on the sport steering mode to see how this affects it. I used to notice the steering firm up when I did this previous, now I notice nothing (as if its permanently stuck in sport steering?)

Wondering what the issue could be here? There are no errors in idrive. A couple things I have thought it could be is the power steering unit or the servotronic unit? The other thing ive noticed is when I bring the wheel to full lock side to side the power steering pump doesnt make much noise (as compared to other cars, such as my old e90 330i), and I can't remember if the m3 ever did...

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0