BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

11-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #23
two+2
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP Grey Black

Lol, i guess it would have helped to specify the model #. I have the Britax 65 and it fits. My wife is around 5'2 as well and there is still plenty of leg room up front.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #24
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Well pulled the trigger and purchased something.

Graco Urban Lite Travel System. Comes with the SnugRide30 infant seat.

Then after buying it, I realized I have no idea if this stroller will fit in the trunk.

Kinda matches SilverstoneII too.
      11-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #25
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
Germany
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by two+2 View Post
Lol, i guess it would have helped to specify the model #. I have the Britax 65 and it fits. My wife is around 5'2 as well and there is still plenty of leg room up front.
thx
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #26
skins333
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E93 BMW M3 MR/21 X7 40i AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Bimmer View Post
Well pulled the trigger and purchased something.

Graco Urban Lite Travel System. Comes with the SnugRide30 infant seat.

Then after buying it, I realized I have no idea if this stroller will fit in the trunk.

Kinda matches SilverstoneII too.

Nice..will fit fine..that top handle folds too.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2012, 10:14 PM   #27
Lorde
Ya ya ya, I am Lorde, ya ya!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu
congrats, I'm reading this with keen interest...
Same here brother...
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #28
Silvertige
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 e92 M3

Garage List
1988 BMW 535i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by two+2 View Post
I disagree, the britax does fit fine - although my wife is not exactly what you would categorize as 'amazon'. I have 2 kids, 2.5yrs and a 11month old. Fit a britax (for the older one) and a Peg Perago rear facing for the younger in the back of the e92.

Yea, a little bit of a pain to setup but for the occasional weekend trips with the family its worth it. Congrats on the new baby and cheers to all the folks making an //M3 work with small children.

http://flic.kr/p/dvEqPU
I'm talking about the Britax infant carrier. The traditional Britax child seat is, of course, fine, just like any other child seat. The Britax infant carrier is huge due to an extra bar that they've added to help prevent rebound from a back end crash. Your peg perego doesn't have that which is why it works. I have a 4 and 2 year old. It does get even easier with boosters.

http://www.britaxusa.com/car-seats/chaperone
      11-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #29
anselmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 M Coupe

Prince lion heart seat protectors awful, too big and not flexible.

I would suggest confirming what stroller you will use then you can determine first seat.

We bought a bugaboo bee pus which only works with a few seats. We chose the maxi cosi mico with two bases. One in each car. Now that she is older we have the recaro pros portion the m3 and the proride in the q5. Proride is almost too tall for rear facing in the m3. No leg room either. But both are perfect for forward facing.
2018 GT3
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #30
f30er
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85

Garage List
Great thread! Exactly what I was looking for!!!! I'm likely giving my brother my E92 335i and getting an E90 M3. One of my major concerns was the baby seats.

Also, only other questions I have are:
Is the exhaust "subtle" enough if I granny it that a baby would stay asleep?
Suspension "soft" enough while driving around town with a baby in the back?

Also looking into Audi S4, Cadillac CTS-V (wagon), F30 335i...
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #31
Kasé Zomé
Captain
Rep
Drives: faster than my demons can fly

We started with the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP 30-30 infant seat and at 6 months, he's close to being too tall for it so we picked up the Primo Viaggio SIP 5-70 Convertible this past weekend.

We tried mounting the Recaro ProRide and it's a bit taller than the Peg thus reducing front passenger leg room. Right now, we can have someone around 5'10" to maybe 6" sit comfortably in the front passenger seat.

We were sold on the Primo Viaggio SIP 5-70 Convertible after test fitting it and really liked it's build quality.

You can see how much space the Peg leaves between the seat and the top of the door opening - the Recaro had significantly less room and we pretty much had to have our son in a near horizontal position to get him in and out of the seat:

Note that the M3 does not have any place (that I could find) to latch the back of the seat down and with the help of the dedicated sales rep at the baby store, we came up with this solution:

And this is how we cinched it down to the mounting bolt of the front passenger seat:

The rep gave us the extra piece to loop around the bolt so it's something that you'll have to find and purchase.

We also had to purchase this for $4.99 to help keep the seat parallel to the ground since the M's seat base does sink down toward the seat back quite a bit: http://us.diono.com/en/car-seat-accessories/sit-rite

Good luck!
      01-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #32
TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black

Garage List
The Britax Boulevard fit well in my e90. I have since swapped up to the Recaro Start (I think that they've discontinued it, but THIS is the booster seat to have) and it fits like a glove as well-other than making it a little difficult to attach the seat belt. The base is a bit wide, so the seat needs to be moved laterally a bit to clear the buckle.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #33
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneatals View Post
I have a 4 year old and a 10 month old

my 4 year old sits in this behind me:

https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...ed=0CGUQ5Q0wAA

as a new born our second was in this: https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...ed=0CHkQ8wIwAg

easy to use with our graco snap and go stroller...

around 6 months we switched our youngest to this: http://www.thefirstyears.com/product...6?locale=en_US

it's both rear and forward facing....

both the above seats fit fine when rear facing...my wife is 5'5" and enough room when sitting in the front seat....

once your child is big enough to go forward facing you'll have plenty of room no matter what...

eventually our youngest will get the recarro and the oldest will get a booster recarro if timing and size work out that way...

congrats and good luck with your decision
we also have the recaro and our baby loves it. Ours is red and black.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #34
EliteM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

I have an e90 m3 and we use the Chicco brand car seat. It is rear facing and the best part about it, is you drop the seat in and it almost always finds the locked position. I didn't like the Graco or brittax seats for the base lock mechanism only. It is also a lower price brand.

No complaints.
      01-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #35
12mpgm3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 6MT ZCP

The brand is not critical - what is important is that you calculate the seat's impact (weight / location) on the car's weight distribution before you decide...
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 04:04 AM   #36
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteM3 View Post
I have an e90 m3 and we use the Chicco brand car seat. It is rear facing and the best part about it, is you drop the seat in and it almost always finds the locked position. I didn't like the Graco or brittax seats for the base lock mechanism only. It is also a lower price brand.

No complaints.
What other brands did you consider before you bought the Chicco car seat?

Also curious what some of you think of the Bugaboo Bee stroller? My wife is set on getting this and noticed it only has adapters for Graco, Maxi cosi, chicco or Britx cars seats. Trying to find out if anyone one here uses this stroller if so, which car seat you went with. We are expecting our first in July.
Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 08:38 PM   #37
HeartMD
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 MW,ZCP E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
What other brands did you consider before you bought the Chicco car seat?

Also curious what some of you think of the Bugaboo Bee stroller? My wife is set on getting this and noticed it only has adapters for Graco, Maxi cosi, chicco or Britx cars seats. Trying to find out if anyone one here uses this stroller if so, which car seat you went with. We are expecting our first in July.
Nice stroller but personally $700 is what these bad boys run for and that is just way to expensive for a stroller. I have gone with Graco for my two kids and will be using that for the next bundle coming this July. Never had any fitment issues with any of my past cars including the M. Good quality, comfort and most importantly safety.
Congrats on begining a new chapter in life.
2011.75 E92 MW/BB extended,ZCP,ZP2,ZCV, IPOD,BMW APPS, Heatedseats,6MT, Edition Black Chrome Grills & Side Gills, CF splitters, CF performance spoiler, CF mirror caps, Turner black anodized pedals, Akropovic Evolution exhaust w/CF tips, Still Undecided on tune, AFE Pro5r, AFE intake scoops, LUX H8
2009 E92 JB/Black 335 xdrive (retired)
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #38
anodyne88
Go White Sox!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
Congrats again Jesal! I'd go with the Graco - loved that one. Use the latch system for the base, and you can snap it in and out... as the other poster mentioned, it snaps into the stroller as well. Pretty much everybody I know used and uses the Graco.
agree. fits my coupe well
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #39
renaissance
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Bimmer View Post
Expecting our first baby in a few months and been researching infant seats. Can any the fathers on the forum recommend a good one that fits nicely in the E90 M3?

Im currently looking at the Britax Chaperone Infant Child Seat but some reviews say it might be too large for some cars. Didnt know if this was the case for the E90 M3.
Any other suggestions?
First of all, congratulations for the first baby!

Now I am using Britax Chaperone Infant Carrier for my 18-month-old boy. With ISOFIX base, you have to adjust the driver or front passenger seat so that it will stay in the right position. What I am doing right now is to put it in the middle of rear seat, and I still fix it using ISOFIX. The advantage of Infant Carrier is that you just take the carrier when your baby is sleeping.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 11:13 PM   #40
car_fan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
When Junior was an infant we used the Maxi Cosi infant car seat and adapter along with the Quinny Buzz 4. Although the Quinny is large (will fit in the trunk on E90/E92) it has great quality. When he grew out of the infant car seat about a 14 months ago - we purchased an Recaro Pro Ride car seat that fits in all of our vehicles including the MINI. We also used the isofix attach points.

Congrats on the newest addition to your family
Attached Images

2018 X3 M40i BSM/Oyster/ZPP/ZPX/HK/S6CPA/718M(retired)
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #41
bsd damon
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Maxi Cosi/Bugaboo

I have the Bugaboo Bee and the Maxi Cosi Mico car seat. We have a base in my E92 M3 and another base in our minivan. I use the Mico behind me in the M3- it is fairly large - I am 5'6" and can just squeeze back to my optimal seat settings. Using it behind the driver still allows me to have adequate room for a passenger in the back behind the passenger seat or for a large passenger in the front seat. My wife made a custom seat cover that attaches around the head rest posts and has cutouts for the seat belt - sweet! The Mico works well with the Bee and the combination is very portable/mobile - small, lightweight, and quick to assemble.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #42
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsd damon View Post
I have the Bugaboo Bee and the Maxi Cosi Mico car seat. We have a base in my E92 M3 and another base in our minivan. I use the Mico behind me in the M3- it is fairly large - I am 5'6" and can just squeeze back to my optimal seat settings. Using it behind the driver still allows me to have adequate room for a passenger in the back behind the passenger seat or for a large passenger in the front seat. My wife made a custom seat cover that attaches around the head rest posts and has cutouts for the seat belt - sweet! The Mico works well with the Bee and the combination is very portable/mobile - small, lightweight, and quick to assemble.
I'm 5'11" so will there be enough room behind me with the Maxi Cosi?
Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #43
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartMD View Post
Nice stroller but personally $700 is what these bad boys run for and that is just way to expensive for a stroller. I have gone with Graco for my two kids and will be using that for the next bundle coming this July. Never had any fitment issues with any of my past cars including the M. Good quality, comfort and most importantly safety.
Congrats on begining a new chapter in life.
Yes, $700 for a stroller seems super high. My wife likes it because she says it's one of the lightest and strongest ones out there and super easy to set up and break down. Since she's the one using it the most, I'm letting her make the decision on the stroller. I'm guessing ill have the kid in my car only 10-20% of the time.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 11:23 AM   #44
bsd damon
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
I'm 5'11" so will there be enough room behind me with the Maxi Cosi?
Probably not but you have an E90 which may have more room or a different configuration in the back. You can always put it in the passenger side if you don't have a large passenger in the front.
Appreciate 0