BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)
Closed Thread

03-26-2008, 01:06 PM   #1167
hakaida442
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryz335CI View Post
I bet if we start a picket line in front of the dealer for a week they will get the real scope of the issue, when they don't sell $50k or $60k cars for a week, im sure it will hurt them even more then the 3 or 4k they are loosing out on this deal.
Yeah, but who the hell wants to go to lincoln nebraska? If some people would do this I'd encourage them to wear OU or Texas t-shirts. If I were to go I'd wear my miami vs nebraska rose bowl shirt. haha
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 01:16 PM   #1168
AYF82M4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MG F80 M3 ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcellere View Post
WTF are you smoking? BMW has brand image to worry about and Husker is killing that image. BMWNA is responsible for handling this situation just as much as Husker at this stage.
Yes, Im surprised that I have not heard from BMWNA either.
On Friday, March 26 I did contact them via the 800 line.
But unfortunately, I was only given the standard line of unfortunately, our dealerships are independently owned and operated line.
I'm all to familiar with that line, as consumer affairs is trained to say that.
2008 E90 M3 Jerez Black (Retired)
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 01:17 PM   #1169
illini_flyer
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2003 SVT Ford Focus

I've been lurking around the post for the past few days now to see how this all pans out. It has been really encouraging to see how much support has come from the internet community.

Yesterday I was at my local BMW dealership with my friend while he was getting his car serviced and decided to talk to the salesmen to see what their take on the situation would be. When I mentioned this they had heard nothing about it and were quite surprised. They were appalled that a dealer would be so shady and do something like this. The other thing that they said that surprised me was the BMWNA actually says that dealers are not supposed to sell new vehicles online. This made me think that hopefully BMWNA would get involved to try to solve this situation because this might be something they were trying to prevent in the first place.

I will be looking forward to seeing how DOOMA comes through this ordeal. I can only imagine how stressful this all must be.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 01:21 PM   #1170
UsedCarSalesmanwCombOver
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Supercharged Ford Granada

The dealership will soon change it's name so that it can deflect any negative connotation due to this serious mishandling of the M3 auction and the aftermath it has created.

My source has told me they are looking to rename the dealership as CORNHOLER BMW with the new slogan of "We'll cornhole you into the BMW of your choice as long as you abide by our set of conditions, guaranteed!"

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 01:24 PM   #1171
mister_g60
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1998 Volvo S70 GLT

Hang in there, dooma!
      03-26-2008, 01:25 PM   #1172
pankolorko
Registered
Rep
Drives: Small Mitsubishi

Angry

im very surprised that they didnt finish this farce yet. sooner this ends "less bad" it will be for dealership. they should think more clearly and put themselves in the skin of any potential buyers. please tell me - would you even try to buy a car from a dealership that pulls something similar??? i dont think so!!! i really hope that dooma will get HIS car and valuable lesson will be learned by other dealerships around our globe...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 01:29 PM   #1173
bolmedias14
Dooma350 Supporter!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: N/A (I'm only like 16!)

Ken, still wishing you luck with the case.

EDIT: Just read through the pages I had missed, and came across this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by illini_flyer
I've been lurking around the post for the past few days now to see how this all pans out. It has been really encouraging to see how much support has come from the internet community.

Yesterday I was at my local BMW dealership with my friend while he was getting his car serviced and decided to talk to the salesmen to see what their take on the situation would be. When I mentioned this they had heard nothing about it and were quite surprised. They were appalled that a dealer would be so shady and do something like this. The other thing that they said that surprised me was the BMWNA actually says that dealers are not supposed to sell new vehicles online. This made me think that hopefully BMWNA would get involved to try to solve this situation because this might be something they were trying to prevent in the first place.

I will be looking forward to seeing how DOOMA comes through this ordeal. I can only imagine how stressful this all must be.
This is the reason why Laszlo could be correct. This should definitely involve BMWNA, but could even extend to BMW AG itself.

Last edited by bolmedias14; 03-26-2008 at 01:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 01:34 PM   #1174
BigPum
Cobra Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi and 328xi

Ken,

Keep up the good fight. Hope one day you'll be able to look back on this whole situation and laugh, especially when you're cruising in your new M! Good Luck!
      03-26-2008, 01:39 PM   #1175
condor27596
Rep
Drives: 2007 mini, 87 crx si

I bet this is what that stealership was thinking:

"wow, its at $60k now, I bet thare are 200 ppl
waiting to snipe it at the last 10 seconds. I bet
we get 75k for it"

I bet that's it!
They were expecting snipers!

"Don't be a Mooseman"
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 01:44 PM   #1176
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor27596 View Post
I bet this is what that stealership was thinking:

"wow, its at $60k now, I bet thare are 200 ppl
waiting to snipe it at the last 10 seconds. I bet
we get 75k for it"

I bet that's it!
They were expecting snipers!
lol yea. Unfortunately it backfired on them.

I bet the guy who forgot to put the reserve on it got fired.
      03-26-2008, 01:46 PM   #1177
BrynRhys
Registered
Rep
Drives: LandRover LR3 HSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooma350 View Post
Yes, Im surprised that I have not heard from BMWNA either.
On Friday, March 26 I did contact them via the 800 line.
But unfortunately, I was only given the standard line of unfortunately, our dealerships are independently owned and operated line.
I'm all to familiar with that line, as consumer affairs is trained to say that.
Hi Dooma,

Best of luck to you. I offer the following advice regarding BMWNA. You need to contact the C-level guys in NJ to get the appopriate response. With a little searching, you should be able to get the appropriate names of the COO/EVP of Ops or the CEO, and the local phone number of the corporate HQ. Going through the local switchboard can usually get you to the executive assistant if you know who to ask for by name.

This saved me a huge headache with a Toyota some years ago, although that was concerning the car itself and not the sales process.

Let me know if you want the contact info in PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 01:48 PM   #1178
par4bmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 370Z & My JK Toy

Way to go Ken in standing up and fighting.

The dealer has probably already spent more in lost time and lawyer fees than what they would have lost in doing the right thing and giving you the car at the auction price. It is unbelievable that BMWNA has not stepped in. I guess they just do not have a clue to the negative consequences that this dealer is causing. The internet is already such a vital mode for their marketing and strategy and will only continue to increase. Allowing their image to suffer based on a bad dealer is foolish.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 01:51 PM   #1179
AYF82M4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MG F80 M3 ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsa View Post
The interesting thing, I stopped by their showroom on Saturday, before I had heard about this, to check out the new 1-series in their showroom, and I saw this very M3 sedan on the showroom floor.

I hope everything works out okay for dooma350!
How does the car look? Someone posted a few pics where the engine bay appeared dirty. It could be a poor photo, I dont know. Also wondering if the car still has 13 miles.
2008 E90 M3 Jerez Black (Retired)
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 01:53 PM   #1180
Rossland
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: US 06 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryz335CI View Post
Okay dude, you need to get this thru you head. you seem to be the only here thats on the side of the dealer and not on the side of the consumer. That being said and noticing that you just joined I have to say that your from the dealer and your just trying to change all of our minds. This topic has been beaten to death if he had put in a bid of 80k and backed out they would be on him like white on rice so just because the tables have turned it doesn't mean that the dealer should hold up there end of the deal.

So why don't you just pack your bags and get off this site because your attitude just doesn't belong or fit in here.

Get lost!!! :finger:
I hope Triple-Net-Automotive stays. After all, no one is completely useless. He can always be used as a bad example.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 01:57 PM   #1181
darkblade06
Rep
Drives: 04 Evo

Here is something to kill the time with.

Warning it is stupid, but at the same time it is funny.

No offence to srt-4 drivers, I just thought it was funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_xdgPbmBks
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 01:59 PM   #1182
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Sounds like more BS. Don't conceded anything to them.
The auction was you pay $60k you get the M3. All this other crap they are trying to get you to do has no bearing on the transaction.
Looks like we need to keep this campaign going. Nothing seems to be resolved.
+1. I completely agree Ep.

This is ridiculous that the dealer is acting like a bunch of jackasses in this situation. WTF is wrong with them?

We need to keep spreading more news and controversy on this situation until it blows up.

Don't stop until Ken has his car. This needs major attention and the dealer needs to learn their lesson.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 02:05 PM   #1183
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by illini_flyer View Post
The other thing that they said that surprised me was the BMWNA actually says that dealers are not supposed to sell new vehicles online. This made me think that hopefully BMWNA would get involved to try to solve this situation because this might be something they were trying to prevent in the first place.
Hmm - BMW not allowed to sell online? That sounds off to me. These forums and many other BMW forums host BMW salesmen from all over the country. Some of these salemen are famous throughout the community like Irv in Chicago for his ED expertise. I highly doubt that this is against any BMW policy. It sound to me that your dealer is either misinformed or being misleading (would either surprise you?), or that you misunderstood them and this was a policy of the owner of that dealership/conglomerate (which still sounds fishy).
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 02:09 PM   #1184
nyc3
Registered
Rep
Drives: Top Secret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple-Net-Automotive View Post
You are absolutely correct, it is a binding contract in eBay land !

As far as I'm concerned, mistakes happen and the contract was not ratified by the dealer for final approval. They called and said they made a mistake.

They can't sell it for $60,000 and he doesn't want to buy it for MSRP, they should get to a mutually agreeable compromise.

If Doome keyed in $80,000 instead of $60,000 the dealer would not have done anything !

The dealer should give the car away for cost, deliver it to CA, waive the doc fee and offer all after sale products (warranty, tire protection ect..) at cost as well. I think this is fair!

Anthony Rush
you say ebay land like its not real, its very real thousands of courts cases a year are based on "ebay land" transactions with their legally binding contracts in the US court system. And as for putting in 80,000 how do you know he didn't? If he did and no one bid and it ends at 60,000 its the dealers fault for trying to save a few $'s and not putting a reserve.

The problem is shady dealers such as this one who use ebay as a promotional tool to advertise their dealerships, hey look we have a top of the line car for less than msrp and when you go to the dealership they say "oh sorry thats only online" Then you get home and the listing is removed. Plain and simple if you are a lazy ass who don't know how the internet age works don't try to use it to your advantage. Or crap like this will happen.

Btw I have contacted several more media outlets since I last did with updates on this situation, They claim they are looking in to this to make it a pretty big local story. Stay tuned.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 02:12 PM   #1185
BritBoy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Ford Mondeo 20si (Old!)

I can't believe it! this thing should be old news by now!

Dooma should be driving around in his new M3 grinning like a Cheshire cat and we should all be glad that people power helped save the day for him.

I said in my post on page 46 that these guys would have to be retarded to offer up anything less that the Red Carpet treatment, yet here we are...

Conditions? Pah! If they handled this correctly there would be no need!

If the following quote from JournalStar.com is accurate:

“We don’t legally have to do this. I’m getting a lot of publicity on it, maybe I’ll sell some more cars....These bloggers out there, they have lots of time on their hands to do this.”

...well what can you say!

i just looked up the word conceited on Dictionary.com:

con·ceit·ed [kuhn-see-tid] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective

1. having an excessively favorable opinion of one's abilities, appearance, etc.
2. Archaic. a.having an opinion. b.fanciful; whimsical.
3. Obsolete: intelligent; clever.

The first definition seems to fit like a glove, the second is certainly relevant and the third would seem to be both and accurate description of the IQ of these guys and there future as a dealer if they don't do an about-turn very soon...OBSOLETE!

Hang in there Dooma!

I'm so glad you got yourself a good lawyer and I hope you run everything you say about this by him first....it looks like these guys might try to turn the whole bad publicity thing into a case against you, given half the chance.

I hope I'm completely wrong about that, but judging by the words and actions reported thus far, it seems that these people really do have their heads stuck further up their own backsides than any of us could have previously envisaged.

Keep us posted when and how you can...we're rooting for you now more than ever!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 02:19 PM   #1186
Shorebird
Rep
Drives: 1976 2002

I went to their website and indicated that I was interested in buying a car. I received a call back in less than two hours. I told the salesman that I would not buy from them because of the way they handled the auction and that they needed to honor the contract. The salesman stated that they were honoring the bid price and that they were awaiting Dooma350s' payment. Dooma what is the status here?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 02:24 PM   #1187
bigal115
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 535xi

Dooma, I actually had a nightmare with BMW dealership and BMWNA was very helpful...I actually have a direct number for someone in the NJ office who was extremely helpful..I was very satisfied with the outcome .email me if you need the contact ...ad790@yahoo.com good luck with everything
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 02:25 PM   #1188
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorebird View Post
Dooma what is the status here?
He already explained: they agreed to honor the $60k price, but they added conditions to the sale which Ken did not find reasonable. Like I say earlier the guy deserves a medal for this. He walked away from their attempted counter offer on principle, even though he would have gotten his $60k price.

BMW AG, BMWNA, BMWUSA, where are you? Please fix this now and give Ken a car.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread