BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Closed Thread

07-23-2009, 12:06 PM   #23
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
if manual wasnt a HUGE freaking deal with me and i were in ur shoes i would go for it in a heart beat
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 12:24 PM   #24
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUN View Post
From what I've heard C63 is just as capable in turns as M3 and for DD is a better car since there is more torque down low. I still would pick M3 though, there is something about BMW.
Unless the speeds are less than 50 mph, you heard completely wrong. Night and day difference in turns. The track tests support that. Very significant difference between a heavy 4000 lbs car that likes to understeer/oversteer vs a 3600 lbs completely neutrally balanced car with a much more capable chassis.

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 07-23-2009 at 12:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 01:07 PM   #25
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
Unless the speeds are less than 50 mph, you heard completely wrong. Night and day difference in turns. The track tests support that. Very significant difference between a heavy 4000 lbs car that likes to understeer/oversteer vs a 3600 lbs completely neutrally balanced car with a much more capable chassis.
I advice you to check out many of the M3 Vs C63 threads including the recent M3 Gpower Vs thread that became a M3 Vs C63 thread. The above poster has been exposed (even by M3 owners) for his over bias smear campaign against the C63 and CTS-V and false claims to have driven both for an hour on a test drive. Make the decision that you are best comfortable with. In the end its your money not anyone's on this forum. I taken many sharp turns at well over 50MPH and exited them with nothing but confidence. If the above claim was correct I be making this post from Heaven now.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 01:10 PM   #26
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenderm3 View Post
So true Poppin.... C63 eats tires like hard candy
This is very true. I was on my third set of tires with little over 15K on the clock. Now I completely switched over to Michelin PS2's which stick like glue. I rarely spin now as much in low gear, and since I am getting my power to the ground I get pushed back in my seat as if I were taking off in an airplane.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 01:29 PM   #27
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG_C63_AMG View Post
I advice you to check out many of the M3 Vs C63 threads including the recent M3 Gpower Vs thread that became a M3 Vs C63 thread. The above poster has been exposed (even by M3 owners) for his over bias smear campaign against the C63
You are an idiot! I have finally reported you to a moderator, egotistic C63 fanboi! All that was exposed in the thread were sheer limitations of your beloved C63. I have quoted everything backed with proper facts! Simply because they make a critical part of when both these cars are compared. Yet, you continue to insult me by attacking my credibility.

I have been taking the higher ground on you to keep things from escalating and disturbing peace on the board by ignoring the insults you write for too long attacking my credibility like a whiney fanboi just because I have written unfavorable facts about the C63 compared to the M3. I am entitled to my own opinions and not everyone has to agree with it. I would have put your foot in your mouth easily, if I wanted to. Moron!

I was not exposed by anything. EVERYTHING I WROTE WAS A FACT!!! I explicitly backed them up with proper source for everything. If someone does not agree with me then so be it. You can continue to attack my credibility all you want, but nothing changes the facts.

I was expressing my opinion based on my own experiences, my observations and the facts that support them and I completely entitled to do that.

- M3 DID run 8 seconds faster around Nurburgring faster than the C63 with the same tester on a different day.
- It does weigh 400 lbs more and I quoted proper sources with everything
- M3 has won just about every direct track test by a significant margin around a race track. Not a small one.
- M3 does have a much better chassis and weight distribution.
- C63 does heavily understreer/oversteer.

Most importantly, I have a decent amount of seat time in each of the cars so I concluded based on my own experience of driving both cars. Maybe I should make a video of myself in the cars to prove it. Right?

Do you need the sources again?? If this looks like a "bias" and you deny these then you are complete idiot and at the limit of being a biased fanboi. Not me!

If you are an egotisitic fanboi who does not like what I wrote then STFU! Don't keep chasing me around and trying to insult by attacking my credibility and making it a personal issue with me simply because all I did was "expose" only the inherent limitations of your beloved C63 and backed them up with facts.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 01:32 PM   #28
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

If you're not very happy with your M3, go for it. Me......I've had my M3 for about a week now and I'm crazy about it. I plan on keeping it for at least 5 years, if not much longer.

The C63 is an amazing vehicle though. I would've got it if weren't for the price with all the options I really wanted. If you do decide, make sure it has the AMG Performance pkg. If not, I guess it's not a big deal.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #29
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
You are an idiot! I have finally reported you to a moderator, egotistic C63 fanboi! All that was exposed in the thread were sheer limitations of your beloved C63. I have quoted everything backed with proper facts! Simply because they make a critical part of when both these cars are compared. Yet, you continue to insult me by attacking my credibility.

I have been taking the higher ground on you to keep things from escalating and disturbing peace on the board by ignoring the insults you write for too long attacking my credibility like a whiney fanboi just because I have written unfavorable facts about the C63 compared to the M3. I am entitled to my own opinions and not everyone has to agree with it. I would have put your foot in your mouth easily, if I wanted to. Moron!

I was not exposed by anything. EVERYTHING I WROTE WAS A FACT!!! I explicitly backed them up with proper source for everything. If someone does not agree with me then so be it. You can continue to attack my credibility all you want, but nothing changes the facts.

I was expressing my opinion based on my own experiences, my observations and the facts that support them and I completely entitled to do that.

- M3 DID run 8 seconds faster around Nurburgring faster than the C63 with the same tester on a different day.
- M3 has won just about every direct track test by a significant margin around a race track. Not a small one.

Most importantly, I have a decent amount of seat time in each of the cars so I concluded based on my own experience of driving both cars. Maybe I should make a video of myself in the cars to prove it. Right?

Do you need the sources again?? If this looks like a "bias" and you deny these then you are complete idiot and at the limit of being a biased fanboi. Not me!

If you are an egotisitic fanboi who does not like what I wrote then STFU! Don't keep chasing me around and trying to insult by attacking my credibility and making it a personal issue with me simply because all I did was "expose" only the inherent limitations of your beloved C63 and backed them up with facts.

+1
Can't argue those facts...

I'm not one to get involved in these stupid internet fights, but I still don't get why a C63 owner (who has no interest in purchasing an M3) is even on this forum? It just doesnt make sense to me...I am not a member on the C63 forum (if one even exists?).

Oh well
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 01:47 PM   #30
Garissimo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 4 doors, 6 gears, 8 cylinders

Quote:

I think you need to ease up on the rage a bit. It's not like the C63 poster was slamming the M3, just offering his perspective - as an owner - about the C63's handling at higher speeds. Some tests show that with the optional LSD (comes with the Performance package along with 5 prepaid visits to the chiropracter) the car runs lap times on shorter tracks pretty close to the M3.
      07-23-2009, 01:48 PM   #31
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
If you're not very happy with your M3, go for it. Me......I've had my M3 for about a week now and I'm crazy about it. I plan on keeping it for at least 5 years, if not much longer.

The C63 is an amazing vehicle though. I would've got it if weren't for the price with all the options I really wanted. If you do decide, make sure it has the AMG Performance pkg. If not, I guess it's not a big deal.
sometimes even if ur happy with the car it makes sense to get another. sometimes you just want something new, or different. it's just refreshing and exciting to switch cars every year. and bank-breaking
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #32
RedGT3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: .2 GT3/M3cs

Do it BMW's are overrated.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 02:29 PM   #33
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
+1
Can't argue those facts...

I'm not one to get involved in these stupid internet fights, but I still don't get why a C63 owner (who has no interest in purchasing an M3) is even on this forum? It just doesnt make sense to me...I am not a member on the C63 forum (if one even exists?).

Oh well
Check my post history and you will answer your own question. I'm enjoy learning and debating not smearing.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 02:40 PM   #34
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS, 964, Raptor

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [7.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppin Fresh View Post
Take it if the dealer throws you four sets of rear tires.
Closed Thread