BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

11-08-2010, 08:16 PM   #23
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

^^ This...

For those of you in large markets like California or NY/NJ, $500-$1,000 over invoice may be standard. For those of us in small markets it is not. Getting $500 over invoice for us may be possible by buying through out of state dealers, some who offer great deals on this forum, but that deal ignores either the cost of shipping the car to us or the cost of travel and then driving the car home. And those are real costs! So bully for you guys in CA and other areas where the competition in stiff. Many others are not so lucky...
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 08:21 PM   #24
mexicanmike
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E93 Jerez Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by drey View Post
"I think with a BMW, anything below MSRP is a deal"

Disagree strongly with this and agree with most responders that under normal circumstances the deal should be struck for 500-1000 over invoice.

However, as ELP points out, ALL BETS ARE OFF WITH A TRADE-IN which gives the dealer all the power, so relax and enjoy your new ride.
Exactly right.

If you really want to be a stickler you can go back and forth. Negotiate trade in at one dealership, then go to another and negotiate new car purchase. Then use the already negotiated trade in to get a better trade in from the dealer you are purchasing from. However, do you really want to do all that?

Whats done is done, you got the deal you got, just get out there and enjoy your car!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #25
mexicanmike
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E93 Jerez Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
^^ This...

For those of you in large markets like California or NY/NJ, $500-$1,000 over invoice may be standard. For those of us in small markets it is not. Getting $500 over invoice for us may be possible by buying through out of state dealers, some who offer great deals on this forum, but that deal ignores either the cost of shipping the car to us or the cost of travel and then driving the car home. And those are real costs! So bully for you guys in CA and other areas where the competition in stiff. Many others are not so lucky...
Can't you order through eurocaronline.com and just have the car sent to any dealer for 500??
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 01:50 AM   #26
brava09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4C xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGBAILEY79 View Post
Thx for all the reply's, it helps to put it in perspective. To answer brava09, "Just for my curiosity, why did you trade-in your low mileage M3 for another M3?" I am very anal retentive about my car, I bought it used and it had normal wear and tear that drove me nuts. I was going to have it repainted and fix all the interior iteams that were causing me to have issue's, but in the end the warrenty was about to expire so I decided that it was not worth the hassle. I also wanted the comp package, and carbon fiber roof, and new I drive.
Well, then it makes sense...probably you haven't lost much at resale, right?
11 Audi RS5 Misano Red--sold
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black 6MT--sold
08 E92 335i 6MT traded in for M3
Appreciate 0