BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

BPM

10-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #23
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
However, I just wonder what caused the team to go from playing lights out every day to this train wreck that now exists across the board.
exhaustion...plain and simple. when you have to battle hard through the end of the regular season just to get in, then you play a hard fought series against the yankees, turn around and start the next series 36 hours later, you've pretty much used every ounce of energy by that point. whereas rangers were comfortably into the postseason well before the closing stretch of the regular season, guys were rested, we took care of tampa bay quickly, given even more rest, and it looks like we're going to get another good stretch of rest before the next series *knock on wood*
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 02:23 PM   #24
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

on another note, i don't expect today's game to be easy for the rangers. in fact, i almost expect that we might give this game up today. this has trap game written all over it. that's pretty much the sentiment around dallas right now. if the game has to go down to the bullpen, then i think we both know who has the edge there.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 02:34 PM   #25
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
if the game has to go down to the bullpen, then i think we both know who has the edge there.
Hmm, Alburquerque, Coke, and Perry versus... well it doesn't matter. Those guys would be benched on high school teams right now. And to add to that, we're not hitting your bullpen AT ALL.

Verlander has to go 8 and we have to hit CJ hard. Call it a trap game all you want, but our only chance is for JV to be Cy Young JV.

Am I hopeful? Hell yes. Optimistic? Hell no.

Although if we do win today, we'd have Scherzer at home (he can be dominant sometimes at home) and then Fister if it went to 7. However, that's not going to fix our bullpen and hitting.

A lot has to change for the Tigers to have a chance. A lot.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 03:07 PM   #26
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Although if we do win today, we'd have Scherzer at home (he can be dominant sometimes at home) and then Fister if it went to 7. However, that's not going to fix our bullpen and hitting.
Did the Tigers move to Texas? Games 6 & 7 will be back here.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 03:09 PM   #27
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Did the Tigers move to Texas? Games 6 & 7 will be back here.
No.

My hockey roots are showing I guess.

I had mistakenly thought 2-2-1-1-1

We don't exactly make it to the playoffs every year, I had thought baseball had gone with that format as well, but I was wrong. Maybe that was the NBA?

OK so now Scherzer would hypothetically (assuming a victory) start on the road. I'd have to say at this point I'm not liking our chances at winning this series. I wonder if rain is going to be an issue again too.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 03:20 PM   #28
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Haha, hockey fan here too. Thanks for stealing Mo for a year.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 07:25 PM   #29
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Haha, hockey fan here too. Thanks for stealing Mo for a year.
He's a good guy, and local.

It was cool of you guys to sign him to that contract to let him retire as a Star though. It's going to be an interesting year in the NHL for sure.
Appreciate 0