BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

03-02-2013, 11:25 PM   #1
Bronx Cheer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan

2009 e90 M3, Space Gray/Fox Red, 6MT, 32k (East Coast)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 40,000.00

Item Interest
SOLD.

SOLD.

SOLD.

SOLD.

I love this car, but my new job commute makes it impractical. Bought the car from Passport BMW (Washington, DC suburbs) Oct 2008. I have the original vehicle inquiry report in the photo link below, but to summarize...

2009 e90, manual transmission, Space Gray Metallic, Fox Red Novillo Leather, Premium Package (Power folding mirrors, Universal Garage Door Opener, Carbon Leather interior trim, Digital compass mirror, BMW Assist), Technology Package (M Drive, Xenons, EDC, NAV, Comfort Access, etc.), 19" Forged and polished Double Spoke wheels, Moonroof, Power rear sunshade, Rear manual side window shades, Heated front seats, Park Distance Control, Enhanced Premium Sound, ipod

MSRP new was $68,400.

The only options I did not get was the DCT (it was sketchy in 2009), leather dashboard "extended leather," the fold down seats and ski bag thing, and the headlight washers. 2009 was the year they did the M3 sedan upgrade, so it got the new iDrive, new taillights, and a few other very minor upgrades from 2008 (it also added Space Grey as a color choice for sedans). If you have kids, the sedan is great and the sun screens are a surprisingly useful option.

I also added the OEM alarm and aluminum racing pedals. I also have a short shift kit and a set of painted side reflectors that I never got around to installing. I purchased the car new with the 19s, but also have a set of OEM 18s. I have new summer performance tires for both the 18s (Michellin PS2, less than 100 miles) and 19s (Michellin PSS, less than 500 miles). I have 18" winter high performance tires (Pirelli Sottozeros) currently mounted on the set of OEM 18 rims (these are shown on the car in the photos), if you are interested. The winters probably have about 5-6k miles on them. The 18 rims are pristine, the 19s have minor curb rash (see the photos). Just some advice to those who may not be aware, even if you do not buy the winters from me, if you live in a climate that sees at least some winter weather the summer tires will not cut it. You will need to either park the car when winter weather arrives or buy some all seasons or winter performance tires.

Buyer would be able to select which rims they want (both have TPM). Of course, I would prefer that the car buyer buy both set of rims, both summer tires, and the winter tires to make my life easier, but I will sell the extra rims, matching summer tires, and winter tires separately on here if the right buyer is not interested.

New battery, battery cable, and TCU less than 500 miles ago. The NAV was reflashed at the same time, so it has the slightly sleeker I-drive UI (real time traffic is much more visible now - wish I did it sooner).

Car is in fantastic shape. I had to get the rear bumper re-sprayed once from an SUV rubbing up against my stopped car, but that is it. Minor surface chips as you would expect for a 4 year old car, but nothing you would see without getting up close. No mechanical problems, and all maintenance was done by local BMW dealerships.

It has 32.5k miles, and am asking for at least $40k. I have already been offered $38k in trade for it at Passport BMW. Please understand that this means that I will pay $39,500 LESS when I purchase my new car because your trade in value gets deducted from the purchase price of your new car before they calculate sales tax (tax rate is 4%). I would need to make some money over that amount to make it worth the effort of dealing with a private sale.

Title is in hand, and a local buyer is preferred.

The photos show the 19s stored in my garage rack (and a close up of the curbage), the unmounted 18 summer tires stored in my basement, and of course the car.

Please PM if interested.

http://s1311.beta.photobucket.com/us...rary/2009M3e90

Last edited by Bronx Cheer; 03-16-2013 at 03:57 PM.. Reason: SOLD.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 11:33 PM   #2
atown88
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

glws!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 02:10 AM   #3
alexc93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: na

wow would take this in a second if it was april
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 06:53 AM   #4
Dominic_M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 ///M3 and 2014 535i

Pm'd
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
M3ANMACHINE
Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 + 2014 F15 X5

Wow. Great deal. Ill keep this in my radar.
2011 SG E90 M3 | 2008 AW E90 M3 | 2004 E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #6
Bronx Cheer
Private
Rep

I have gotten a good amount of questions, so I will put some of the answers here.

It is off warranty, and I did not purchase an extended warranty or an extended maintenance plan. I personally came to the conclusion that it was not worth what BMW was asking, so I did not do it. You may disagree, but somebody just told me the purchaser should be able to do this themself if they desire. You can check on purchase price or logistics for either or both extended plans by calling your local BMW dealership service center, giving my VIN, and asking for a quote.

I am fine doing PPI at buyer's expense.

Asking price only includes one set of wheels and tires (your choice). You do not get both sets. You also do not get the winter tires free if you elect the 18s (unless, of course, you do not want the 18" summer PS2s). The price also does not include the short shift kit. The body painted side markers I will gladly hand over to the buyer at no charge if they want them. I will, however, give preference to a buyer that is interested in buying the additional items for a fair "package" price. If you are such a buyer, PM me which additional items you are interested in, and your offer.

Short shift kit was never installed because I have two kids and life got in the way.

I am on business travel most of this week, so be assured I will not be able to show the car this week or do PPI this week.

I am willing to talk to anybody interested on the phone. Just PM your number.

Preferred logistics for me would be that the buyer brings a certified or cashier's check for the total amount. My bank will inspect the check and say it is cashable, and I will then sign over the title then and there. For locals, I would be willing to drive the car on my plates to the DMV. For non locals, we will figure out something.

I do not have photos of the bumper damage any more - they were on my old phone. Damage included a two to three inch long gouge in the rear bumper cover only. There was no damage found under the cover when removed. The shop ordered a new OEM bumper cover instead of repairing the original, which was AOK with me.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #7
hankolerd
Private
Rep
Drives: '90 M3-'21 X5 x40i

Garage List
1990 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 E91 6MT ZSP  [0.00]
Wow, this is a very good deal and exactly the car I am looking for, color combo, trim, wheels (18s) and manual. I am on the wrong coast and not sure I can pull a large loan right now, but I am seriously going to be thinking about this for the next couple of days.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #8
nvladik
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: TBD

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Hey Bronx Cheer, any other way to contact you? Don't have enough posts to PM. Or drop me a note at nvladik@yahoo.com.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #9
D_Nyholm
Rep
Drives: 996TT

I would recommend taking that trade offer. Seems like they are giving you a decent price.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #10
Bronx Cheer
Private
Rep

Update 3-11-13

Hi, all.

I apologize for being unreachable last week. Although I did mention I'd be gone in my post above, I still got a few PMs asking about viewing the car last week, etc., that I was unable to respond to. I should have said that I would be largely unreachable for a few days.

I spent Monday PMing and discussing the car via telephone with buyers, and then all hell broke loose. Because all of the commercial flights were being cancelled, I had to drive Tuesday afternoon out to a hotel in the middle of nowhere so I could fly to Chicago in the midst of the snow storm for business, and ended up leaving on a four seat prop-plane charter at the crack of dawn on Wednesday. Quite possibly one of the looniest things I've ever done. Just for kicks I've attached some iphone photos below of the "airport."

I also had my ninth anniversary to celebrate with my wife when I got back this weekend (I flew out at 6am on our actual anniversary, so I had some making up to do).

In any event, it looks like I have a buyer lined up pending PPI to be performed on Friday. He is planning on taking the car on Saturday with both sets of rims. If this sale falls through or becomes final, I will of course post an update and PM all persons who have indicated real interest.

Take care.

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #11
unim3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: nonbmw

As you have 'winter' tires and it is your daily, I would assume you have driven this in snow?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #12
Bronx Cheer
Private
Rep

Drove it in snow, and it handles just fine if you have a clue how to drive in the snow. Much better, in fact, then my old e46 RWD with all seasons. You CANNOT drive this car in any kind of snow or sleet with summer tires (I cannot speak to all seasons, as I never drove them on an M).
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #13
Bronx Cheer
Private
Rep

Thanks for all the interest everyone, but this car is SOLD.

I am now BMW-less for the first time in over 10 years - a very strange feeling.

Now, to figure out what I am going to buy and to sell my commuter car...
Appreciate 0