BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-26-2009, 11:09 PM   #1
DirtyJersey
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Dinan springs vs the OEM Edition Model springs?

Any suggestions? Could replacing my current springs with the new lower springs that will come on the edition model out soon even be done or am I wasting my time waiting. I was going to go with Dinan but I wanted to wait and see if going oem had any particular advantage. I'm also guessing ride height between the two might be practically identical considering Dinan's conservative drop.

Can and/or should I go with oem over dinan?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 12:21 AM   #2
JAJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJersey View Post
Any suggestions? Could replacing my current springs with the new lower springs that will come on the edition model out soon even be done or am I wasting my time waiting. I was going to go with Dinan but I wanted to wait and see if going oem had any particular advantage. I'm also guessing ride height between the two might be practically identical considering Dinan's conservative drop.

Can and/or should I go with oem over dinan?
You should assume the "Edition" cars will have both different springs and different struts and dampers (as the 10mm lower Japanese cars do). Dinan might simply be cheaper.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 11:54 AM   #3
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Other than the warranty factor, I just think both are going to be overpriced for what you get. It's tough to tell what the OEM Edition springs will offer as no one has them yet but my guess is that they will not compare to the level of performance and drop you get with aftermarket springs.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #4
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
I have heard that BMW is modeling the Edition setup after the Dinan(bumstops). Can not confirm that, but isn't everything on the internet factual?
      08-27-2009, 11:03 PM   #5
DirtyJersey
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Yea, I'm looking for a modest drop which is why I narrowed it down to Dinan (or the OEMs). But as JAJ said it might just be easiest and less expensive to go with Dinan.
Appreciate 0