BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-23-2014, 09:01 PM   #23
305Jarhead
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3 Convertible

anyone know someone who can do this mod in miami/so fla?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 07:50 AM   #24
Sal@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E93 M3, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Jarhead View Post
PM forum member Carlitosz he has one we made him a while back that's for sale and he's in Miami/ Doral area
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 08:45 AM   #25
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

Quote:
Just have a set of muffler delete pipes made. It will save a lot more weight and get rid of the ugly muffler. It's essentially the same exact thing also
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 09:13 AM   #26
Petros
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
Just have a set of muffler delete pipes made. It will save a lot more weight and get rid of the ugly muffler. It's essentially the same exact thing also
not the same. no. with the exhaust mod you still have the stock helmholtz chambers to cut off the drone. straight pipes will drone like crazy. I wonder if someone can cut and hack the oem exhaust to remove almost everything except the helmholtz chambers and the mounting hangers, then put a straight pipe through to the bumper. That would be the same as the ACM mod except much lighter.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 09:36 AM   #27
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros View Post
not the same. no. with the exhaust mod you still have the stock helmholtz chambers to cut off the drone. straight pipes will drone like crazy. I wonder if someone can cut and hack the oem exhaust to remove almost everything except the helmholtz chambers and the mounting hangers, then put a straight pipe through to the bumper. That would be the same as the ACM mod except much lighter.

Yes it's the same and I have had both and suprisingly the muffler delete pipes don't drone (my Gintani Race drones like crazy in comparison)

Do some research on Heimholtz chambers. Yes, the ACM mod leaves the small OEM ones in place but they become useless as Heimholtz chamber lenght is relative to sound volume produced (meaning they are only effective on a stock muffler and not one louder). It's the same thing and the OEM chambers become useless.

Do the delete pipes and get the weight savings and better looks of not having the huge muffler can.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 10:39 AM   #28
Petros
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
Yes it's the same and I have had both and suprisingly the muffler delete pipes don't drone (my Gintani Race drones like crazy in comparison)

Do some research on Heimholtz chambers. Yes, the ACM mod leaves the small OEM ones in place but they become useless as Heimholtz chamber lenght is relative to sound volume produced (meaning they are only effective on a stock muffler and not one louder). It's the same thing and the OEM chambers become useless.

Do the delete pipes and get the weight savings and better looks of not having the huge muffler can.
really? WHen I had my muffler mod (perforated, not ACM) I had to drive for a couple of days without a muffler at all, and it droned like a mofo!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 10:48 AM   #29
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros View Post
really? WHen I had my muffler mod (perforated, not ACM) I had to drive for a couple of days without a muffler at all, and it droned like a mofo!
who knows maybe the tips and pipes- help? Keep in mind driving without a muffler means the exhaust is exiting under the floor/rear seats and will def sound much louder than tips exiting out the bumper. I can't imagine how annoying it would be
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 10:55 AM   #30
zackf80m
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 f80 M3

Garage List
2011 335i  [7.80]
Quote:
check out Eurowerks they did mine, perforated pipe method though they can probably do both.
      03-10-2014, 10:13 PM   #31
305Jarhead
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3 Convertible

Well I reached out to Miami muffler down south and they just happen to have one they had a few months ago that was never picked. I couldn't be happier with the mod. Thanks everyone for their input. Def gotta change the exhaust tips though!
Appreciate 0